best stock bike under 450lbs

Whoops_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
There was only 1 service bulletin that I recall (which had to do with washing the header pipes before starting the bike) and keeping the battery lift strap which I posted in 2013 and 0 call backs on the CB 1100

e344aded8e8a5e6705aa3be543747523.jpg
Interesting. Is that something the dealer would have done as part of the pre-delivery setup? If not, was it obvious there was a coating on the pipes?
Interesting. Is that something the dealer would have done as part of the pre-delivery setup? If not, was it obvious there was a coating on the pipes?
Yes the dealer was instructed to do this thru this service bulletin after initial set up and before starting the bike, but who knows how many young set up guys got the message.
 
How many of you actually have the strap around the battery? I don't, but I'm going to have one very soon
8a0d92613f4ae752768fa380b91b24b1.png
it is a serious hassle to pull the battery out without it

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
I guess it was always made of fine Japanese silk, in style for the CB1100, and most dealers take it out before delivery to the buyer ...
 
tod.branko_imp said:
How many of you actually have the strap around the battery? I don't, but I'm going to have one very soon
8a0d92613f4ae752768fa380b91b24b1.png
it is a serious hassle to pull the battery out without it

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Mine didn't have one but I used two zip ties and left the tail on one of them so its facing up. works great as a grab handle and didn't cost me a thing
 
The dealer forgot to install my strap. When I went back for it they laughed and made jokes about getting the battery out without it. And yes, they would have installed it right then but I did it myself at home.

Apparently they kept the fine Japanese silk strap and gave me a poly strap :D
 
tod.branko_imp said:
How many of you actually have the strap around the battery? I don't, but I'm going to have one very soon
8a0d92613f4ae752768fa380b91b24b1.png
it is a serious hassle to pull the battery out without it

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Mine still has it, but I find it even WITH the strap a serious hassle to pull the battery out.
I am not sure why Honda made simple maintenance jobs such a hassle. Same story for the air filter: to take that out also requires much more work than I am used to on my other bike.
 
bioman_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
How many of you actually have the strap around the battery? I don't, but I'm going to have one very soon
8a0d92613f4ae752768fa380b91b24b1.png
it is a serious hassle to pull the battery out without it

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Mine still has it, but I find it even WITH the strap a serious hassle to pull the battery out.
I am not sure why Honda made simple maintenance jobs such a hassle. Same story for the air filter: to take that out also requires much more work than I am used to on my other bike.
Be happy you don't bother with the air filters on the Honda Africa Twin. It is maybe two orders of magnitude more effort compared to the CB1100. :-/

( ... maybe even three orders of magnitude more. )
 
Back
Top