Best performance mods?

Rebel73_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Hey folks,

I'm just loving my new CB, but I know it won't be long before I'm itching to beef up the performance a bit.

What are the best mods towards achieving this goal? Also, how can one disable the speed limiter? Not that I plan to go 115+ very often, but I don't like a computer telling me what to do! Lol.

The TBR exhaust claims to add 9hp, but I'm not too crazy about their "tacked-on" look.

So, exhaust, retune.....?
 
Guhl can reflash your ECU and remove the restrictions. There are threads on this, but I didn't search for them. (That's Guhl, not Guth, our fearless leader)

Edit to add: Home - Guhl Motors
 
For performance gains I'd let the engine breathe easier with cat free headers and high flow muffler. A TSR air funnel opens up the air box, although there may be some intake "bottlenecks" beyond that point that negate any improvements. Significant intake/exhaust mods would require a Power Commander or ECU reflash would be needed.
 
I understand that RLET's are the biggest performance mod one can do. It leaves unadorned bike in the dust ;)

If I was to do one thing for increased power, I would do the Gulh flash first. Best HP increase for the buck.
 
Throttle hand affects mileage. Reflash only removes restrictions I believe.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Throttle hand affects mileage. Reflash only removes restrictions I believe.
Second that!

But adding a Motogear cat-free header, Staintune exhaust, TSR air funnel and PCV certainly hasn't improved gas mileage. Even with sprocket changes that lowers RPM nearly 10% in 5th gear and riding easy most of the time, I'm getting 4 to 5 mpg less than stock configuration.

On the other hand the bike sounds great, runs great, and gets your attention when revs climb above 6500 at full throttle.
 
Lets be honest here. If you want more power but are worried about gas mileage, then you have conflicting priorities


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
Lets be honest here. If you want more power but are worried about gas mileage, then you have conflicting priorities


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I merely was curious. It's my analytical nature. My other horse is a 600hp supercharged V8 Mustang. Does that sound like mileage is my priority? Lol.
 
Unfortunately the CB1100 will never be a real power house bike. The fundamental design of the engine does not lend its self to big power gains.
I came from a 2004 Suzuki Bandit 1200/S which had something over 100hp and accelerated like a bat out of he*l.
While the Suzuki Bandit can't match the CB1100 in the classic looks department; if I you're looking for brute horsepower you're not going to find it in your CB1100.

Having said that; I did put a Power Commander V on my CB1100 which help with driveability, but I can't say it added any real world horsepower.

 
Tink,

I'm not a big sport bike fan as my older body will not take the riding position. But that Bandit looks awesome!

to add: just because I don't/can't ride them doesn't mean I don't like looking and reading about them!
 
The ferret_imp said:
Throttle hand affects mileage. Reflash only removes restrictions I believe.
Flash can( and mine does) advance timing, maximize fuel ratio( like PCV or better) and removed top end and rpm restrictions.
will also add a few Horsepower as Dyno at Guhl's proved out.
 
You also have a Staintune too Hiker which no doubt added some horsepower. Hard to determine if pipe was responsible for hp gains or PC or reflash? Did you dyno your bike with just the pipe and the PCV?

Hikertoo reported 83 post 9 (13 with Staintune, PC and reflash?)

ECU from Guhls/Dyno ready
 
Thread starter
Yah, I know the CB1100 is not meant to be a speed beast, and I'm cool with that. Still, I see no problem with optimizing its capabilities.
 
Like I've said before, some people see it for what it is, and some people see it for what it could be. Nothing wrong with making your bike look or perform as you desire.
 
Back
Top