Best news I had in last 3 years !

The ferret_imp said:
I wouldn't pay $1K if all four of the Beatles got back together for a gig, and I'm a big Beatle Fan. I did pay $4.50 to see them at Crosley Field in Cincinnati in 1966
ferret, you're telling me you wouldn't pay $1k to see somebody literally rise from the dead and play a song for you? that's cold man.
 
Nope that's a lot of money in my world lol

I grew up really poor and learned to place values on things. My son buys blue jeans and gym shoes that cost $100 each. I find that crazy. I pay $20 for jeans and maybe $40 for gym shoes.

My son in law has no problem paying $60 for a meal. When I eat out it's always under $25.I usually order water to drink because I'm not paying $2 for one glass of pop. I don't smoke or drink alcohol (very expensive habits), or gamble ( basically giving away money imo), and I don't buy lottery tickets (also basically just giving away money). I prefer $89 a night hotels to $130 a night hotels.

To put it in motorcycle terms, I would never pay $600 for a helmet. I could not pay $1000 for a jacket and pants or $500 for boots, I don't care who makes them or how good they supposedly are, I just cant justify paying that much for them. I thought Staintune mufflers were cool but I'd never pay $800 for one. Or $1000-$1500 for a pair of shocks, or $800 for a custom seat. My bikes all come with mufflers, seats and shocks I find quite acceptable. That's why I wear HJC helmets, Tourmaster jackets, pants and gloves, and Alpinestar boots. I find them a good value for the money. I guess I'm just frugal. Then again that has allowed me to live debt free for decades.

I don't begrudge people who make those kinds of purchases, but money has been too hard to come by in my life, for extravagant (in my view) purchases. To each his own.

I save my money for gas, oil, tires, brake pads etc (and I wish all those were cheaper) lol.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Nope that's a lot of money in my world lol

I grew up really poor and learned to place values on things. My son buys blue jeans and gym shoes that cost $100 each. I find that crazy. I pay $20 for jeans and maybe $40 for gym shoes.

My son in law has no problem paying $60 for a meal. When I eat out it's always under $25.I usually order water to drink because I'm not paying $2 for one glass of pop. I don't smoke or drink alcohol (very expensive habits), or gamble ( basically giving away money imo), and I don't buy lottery tickets (also basically just giving away money). I prefer $89 a night hotels to $130 a night hotels.

To put it in motorcycle terms, I would never pay $600 for a helmet. I could not pay $1000 for a jacket and pants or $500 for boots, I don't care who makes them or how good they supposedly are, I just cant justify paying that much for them. I thought Staintune mufflers were cool but I'd never pay $800 for one. Or $1000-$1500 for a pair of shocks, or $800 for a custom seat. My bikes all come with mufflers, seats and shocks I find quite acceptable. That's why I wear HJC helmets, Tourmaster jackets, pants and gloves, and Alpinestar boots. I find them a good value for the money. I guess I'm just frugal. Then again that has allowed me to live debt free for decades.

I don't begrudge people who make those kinds of purchases, but money has been too hard to come by in my life, for extravagant (in my view) purchases. To each his own.

I save my money for gas, oil, tires, brake pads etc (and I wish all those were cheaper) lol.
Well said, Ferret!
So just for your amusement...

The Rolling Stones – 50th Anniversary Tour (2013) – Average Price: $624!
Forbes.com Wrote:...The Rolling Stones tickets for their 50th Anniversary Tour blew all other concert tickets out of the water in 2013, pricing at a lofty average of $624 dollars on the secondary market. The highest priced stop on the tour took place on May 11 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and carried an average ticket price of $1044 dollars. Adults might’ve been shelling out big bucks for their kids to see the One Direction tour, which ranked second on our list. But they were still willing to pay a 36% premium for themselves on The Rolling Stones tickets, propelling Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and crew to the #1 highest priced concert tour of 2013.

no wonder they're having so much fun on stage
00a465cf32977643fce3b266662f3d03.jpg
 
Thread starter
I agree with Ferret on many of the things he said, both our parents were poor and we grew up to live frugally and not spend more than you make.
We always paid our house of as soon as possible and never had any credit card debts. Never smoked or done drugs or gambled, ( I do like a drink !)
Also we saved as much money as we could to pay cash for things we needed or perhaps wanted. One way to become poor is to get divorced a few times; riding buddy of ours has been divorced 4 times and now lives by himself in an old trailer. He was a highly paid FL State trooper all his life. Of course all his wife's were bad and he was perfect....
We have been married for nearly 45 years and now we can enjoy live and do the things what gives us pleasure.
To me the most important thing to get ahead in life is discipline : in school , your job , your marriage and in taking care of your health.
Some of the young people I worked with in the past ask what is the secret to a long lasting marriage ? I tell them it is very simple you pick the right spouse in the first place , the right one for YOU.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I wouldn't pay $1K if all four of the Beatles got back together for a gig, and I'm a big Beatle Fan. I did pay $4.50 to see them at Crosley Field in Cincinnati in 1966
ferret, you're telling me you wouldn't pay $1k to see somebody literally rise from the dead and play a song for you? that's cold man.
ferret, you're telling me you wouldn't pay $1k to see somebody literally rise from the dead and play a song for you? that's cold man.
The ferret_imp said:
Nope that's a lot of money in my world lol

I grew up really poor and learned to place values on things. My son buys blue jeans and gym shoes that cost $100 each. I find that crazy. I pay $20 for jeans and maybe $40 for gym shoes.

My son in law has no problem paying $60 for a meal. When I eat out it's always under $25.I usually order water to drink because I'm not paying $2 for one glass of pop. I don't smoke or drink alcohol (very expensive habits), or gamble ( basically giving away money imo), and I don't buy lottery tickets (also basically just giving away money). I prefer $89 a night hotels to $130 a night hotels.

To put it in motorcycle terms, I would never pay $600 for a helmet. I could not pay $1000 for a jacket and pants or $500 for boots, I don't care who makes them or how good they supposedly are, I just cant justify paying that much for them. I thought Staintune mufflers were cool but I'd never pay $800 for one. Or $1000-$1500 for a pair of shocks, or $800 for a custom seat. My bikes all come with mufflers, seats and shocks I find quite acceptable. That's why I wear HJC helmets, Tourmaster jackets, pants and gloves, and Alpinestar boots. I find them a good value for the money. I guess I'm just frugal. Then again that has allowed me to live debt free for decades.

I don't begrudge people who make those kinds of purchases, but money has been too hard to come by in my life, for extravagant (in my view) purchases. To each his own.

I save my money for gas, oil, tires, brake pads etc (and I wish all those were cheaper) lol.
jedd_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Nope that's a lot of money in my world lol

I grew up really poor and learned to place values on things. My son buys blue jeans and gym shoes that cost $100 each. I find that crazy. I pay $20 for jeans and maybe $40 for gym shoes.

My son in law has no problem paying $60 for a meal. When I eat out it's always under $25.I usually order water to drink because I'm not paying $2 for one glass of pop. I don't smoke or drink alcohol (very expensive habits), or gamble ( basically giving away money imo), and I don't buy lottery tickets (also basically just giving away money). I prefer $89 a night hotels to $130 a night hotels.

To put it in motorcycle terms, I would never pay $600 for a helmet. I could not pay $1000 for a jacket and pants or $500 for boots, I don't care who makes them or how good they supposedly are, I just cant justify paying that much for them. I thought Staintune mufflers were cool but I'd never pay $800 for one. Or $1000-$1500 for a pair of shocks, or $800 for a custom seat. My bikes all come with mufflers, seats and shocks I find quite acceptable. That's why I wear HJC helmets, Tourmaster jackets, pants and gloves, and Alpinestar boots. I find them a good value for the money. I guess I'm just frugal. Then again that has allowed me to live debt free for decades.

I don't begrudge people who make those kinds of purchases, but money has been too hard to come by in my life, for extravagant (in my view) purchases. To each his own.

I save my money for gas, oil, tires, brake pads etc (and I wish all those were cheaper) lol.
Well said, Ferret!
So just for your amusement...

The Rolling Stones – 50th Anniversary Tour (2013) – Average Price: $624!
Forbes.com Wrote:...The Rolling Stones tickets for their 50th Anniversary Tour blew all other concert tickets out of the water in 2013, pricing at a lofty average of $624 dollars on the secondary market. The highest priced stop on the tour took place on May 11 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and carried an average ticket price of $1044 dollars. Adults might’ve been shelling out big bucks for their kids to see the One Direction tour, which ranked second on our list. But they were still willing to pay a 36% premium for themselves on The Rolling Stones tickets, propelling Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and crew to the #1 highest priced concert tour of 2013.

no wonder they're having so much fun on stage
00a465cf32977643fce3b266662f3d03.jpg
Well said, Ferret!
So just for your amusement...

The Rolling Stones – 50th Anniversary Tour (2013) – Average Price: $624!
Forbes.com Wrote:...The Rolling Stones tickets for their 50th Anniversary Tour blew all other concert tickets out of the water in 2013, pricing at a lofty average of $624 dollars on the secondary market. The highest priced stop on the tour took place on May 11 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and carried an average ticket price of $1044 dollars. Adults might’ve been shelling out big bucks for their kids to see the One Direction tour, which ranked second on our list. But they were still willing to pay a 36% premium for themselves on The Rolling Stones tickets, propelling Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and crew to the #1 highest priced concert tour of 2013.

no wonder they're having so much fun on stage
6932e7485b175c4c32bf7075010d5295.jpg

Houtman_imp said:
I agree with Ferret on many of the things he said, both our parents were poor and we grew up to live frugally and not spend more than you make.
We always paid our house of as soon as possible and never had any credit card debts. Never smoked or done drugs or gambled, ( I do like a drink !)
Also we saved as much money as we could to pay cash for things we needed or perhaps wanted. One way to become poor is to get divorced a few times; riding buddy of ours has been divorced 4 times and now lives by himself in an old trailer. He was a highly paid FL State trooper all his life. Of course all his wife's were bad and he was perfect....
We have been married for nearly 45 years and now we can enjoy live and do the things what gives us pleasure.
To me the most important thing to get ahead in life is discipline : in school , your job , your marriage and in taking care of your health.
Some of the young people I worked with in the past ask what is the secret to a long lasting marriage ? I tell them it is very simple you pick the right spouse in the first place , the right one for YOU.

Agree with most of them and 100% with John last sentence (bold) :banana::celebrate::excited::clap:

:):D:thumbsup:
 
and i like only still the famous old hit versions of the songs....from all this oldstars .....if you get old(er) you lost the voice.....
 
peterbaron_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I wouldn't pay $1K if all four of the Beatles got back together for a gig, and I'm a big Beatle Fan. I did pay $4.50 to see them at Crosley Field in Cincinnati in 1966
ferret, you're telling me you wouldn't pay $1k to see somebody literally rise from the dead and play a song for you? that's cold man.
ferret, you're telling me you wouldn't pay $1k to see somebody literally rise from the dead and play a song for you? that's cold man.
The ferret_imp said:
Nope that's a lot of money in my world lol

I grew up really poor and learned to place values on things. My son buys blue jeans and gym shoes that cost $100 each. I find that crazy. I pay $20 for jeans and maybe $40 for gym shoes.

My son in law has no problem paying $60 for a meal. When I eat out it's always under $25.I usually order water to drink because I'm not paying $2 for one glass of pop. I don't smoke or drink alcohol (very expensive habits), or gamble ( basically giving away money imo), and I don't buy lottery tickets (also basically just giving away money). I prefer $89 a night hotels to $130 a night hotels.

To put it in motorcycle terms, I would never pay $600 for a helmet. I could not pay $1000 for a jacket and pants or $500 for boots, I don't care who makes them or how good they supposedly are, I just cant justify paying that much for them. I thought Staintune mufflers were cool but I'd never pay $800 for one. Or $1000-$1500 for a pair of shocks, or $800 for a custom seat. My bikes all come with mufflers, seats and shocks I find quite acceptable. That's why I wear HJC helmets, Tourmaster jackets, pants and gloves, and Alpinestar boots. I find them a good value for the money. I guess I'm just frugal. Then again that has allowed me to live debt free for decades.

I don't begrudge people who make those kinds of purchases, but money has been too hard to come by in my life, for extravagant (in my view) purchases. To each his own.

I save my money for gas, oil, tires, brake pads etc (and I wish all those were cheaper) lol.
jedd_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Nope that's a lot of money in my world lol

I grew up really poor and learned to place values on things. My son buys blue jeans and gym shoes that cost $100 each. I find that crazy. I pay $20 for jeans and maybe $40 for gym shoes.

My son in law has no problem paying $60 for a meal. When I eat out it's always under $25.I usually order water to drink because I'm not paying $2 for one glass of pop. I don't smoke or drink alcohol (very expensive habits), or gamble ( basically giving away money imo), and I don't buy lottery tickets (also basically just giving away money). I prefer $89 a night hotels to $130 a night hotels.

To put it in motorcycle terms, I would never pay $600 for a helmet. I could not pay $1000 for a jacket and pants or $500 for boots, I don't care who makes them or how good they supposedly are, I just cant justify paying that much for them. I thought Staintune mufflers were cool but I'd never pay $800 for one. Or $1000-$1500 for a pair of shocks, or $800 for a custom seat. My bikes all come with mufflers, seats and shocks I find quite acceptable. That's why I wear HJC helmets, Tourmaster jackets, pants and gloves, and Alpinestar boots. I find them a good value for the money. I guess I'm just frugal. Then again that has allowed me to live debt free for decades.

I don't begrudge people who make those kinds of purchases, but money has been too hard to come by in my life, for extravagant (in my view) purchases. To each his own.

I save my money for gas, oil, tires, brake pads etc (and I wish all those were cheaper) lol.
Well said, Ferret!
So just for your amusement...

The Rolling Stones – 50th Anniversary Tour (2013) – Average Price: $624!
Forbes.com Wrote:...The Rolling Stones tickets for their 50th Anniversary Tour blew all other concert tickets out of the water in 2013, pricing at a lofty average of $624 dollars on the secondary market. The highest priced stop on the tour took place on May 11 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and carried an average ticket price of $1044 dollars. Adults might’ve been shelling out big bucks for their kids to see the One Direction tour, which ranked second on our list. But they were still willing to pay a 36% premium for themselves on The Rolling Stones tickets, propelling Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and crew to the #1 highest priced concert tour of 2013.

no wonder they're having so much fun on stage
00a465cf32977643fce3b266662f3d03.jpg
Well said, Ferret!
So just for your amusement...

The Rolling Stones – 50th Anniversary Tour (2013) – Average Price: $624!
Forbes.com Wrote:...The Rolling Stones tickets for their 50th Anniversary Tour blew all other concert tickets out of the water in 2013, pricing at a lofty average of $624 dollars on the secondary market. The highest priced stop on the tour took place on May 11 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and carried an average ticket price of $1044 dollars. Adults might’ve been shelling out big bucks for their kids to see the One Direction tour, which ranked second on our list. But they were still willing to pay a 36% premium for themselves on The Rolling Stones tickets, propelling Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and crew to the #1 highest priced concert tour of 2013.

no wonder they're having so much fun on stage
6932e7485b175c4c32bf7075010d5295.jpg

Houtman_imp said:
I agree with Ferret on many of the things he said, both our parents were poor and we grew up to live frugally and not spend more than you make.
We always paid our house of as soon as possible and never had any credit card debts. Never smoked or done drugs or gambled, ( I do like a drink !)
Also we saved as much money as we could to pay cash for things we needed or perhaps wanted. One way to become poor is to get divorced a few times; riding buddy of ours has been divorced 4 times and now lives by himself in an old trailer. He was a highly paid FL State trooper all his life. Of course all his wife's were bad and he was perfect....
We have been married for nearly 45 years and now we can enjoy live and do the things what gives us pleasure.
To me the most important thing to get ahead in life is discipline : in school , your job , your marriage and in taking care of your health.
Some of the young people I worked with in the past ask what is the secret to a long lasting marriage ? I tell them it is very simple you pick the right spouse in the first place , the right one for YOU.

Agree with most of them and 100% with John last sentence (bold) :banana::celebrate::excited::clap:

:):D:thumbsup:

Agree with most of them and 100% with John last sentence (bold) :banana::celebrate::excited::clap:

:):D:thumbsup:
[/QUOTE]

Agree with that too, Mrs ferret and I will celebrate 45 years of marriage in May.

I also agree with Houtman about stability in marriage being important to reaching financial goals. You have to both work towards that ultimate goal, with equal desire. One can't be frugal and the other a spender.

I have friends that were married 2-3 times. They were never able to establish a foothold financially, and like one of Houtman's friends, one is living in a little camper on his dad's property. he has basically nothing and at this point in his life at 50 + years old, probably never will. Will have to work until he keels over.
 
Ferret,
You need to correct this, and I cannot be credited for J.Houtman statement:
"To me the most important thing to get ahead in life is discipline : in school , your job , your marriage and in taking care of your health.
Some of the young people I worked with in the past ask what is the secret to a long lasting marriage ? I tell them it is very simple you pick the right spouse in the first place , the right one for YOU...."
however, I support it with 100%.

My father was military officer, discipline, honestly, school, helping elders and others, no drugs/alkohol were his commandments, which I follow to the present day and pass'em down onto my only son .

:thanks:
 
A different perpective:

In 1965, when I was 14 yrs old, I lived in Dayton, Ohio. My all-boys Catholic high school would have summer dances “on the slab”. Obviously, the Rolling Stones hits were played constantly.

Ten years ago, I saw them in Seattle at the Seahawks stadium. I couldn’t believe that I was seeing them in concert 40 years after that summer. I mean that literally. Up there on stage at what we would have considered to be “they are as old as my grandparents” age. My seats were so high up that I could see them arrive backstage in two white vans mere seconds before they appeared on stage. From my distant perch, I clearly saw three Starbucks cups amongst them. ;-)

The show was incredibly good...”almost” great. I loved it. But I couldn’t stop thinking about how the world and I had changed in those 40 intervening years. Cities, technologies, sound, video, crowds and so much more! I bought a poster with a close-up photo of the four. My wife watched me put it up in our tv room. “Losers!” she exclaimed. “Au contraire, mon ami!” I replied. “They are winners! Think about it, sweetie. They lived life on their terms, became certifiable geniuses (and legends) at their craft, and made obscene amounts of money doing it. And loved every minute of it!” You might not like their music, but even if you have to begrudge them their success at least acknowledge it.”

The warm-up band was Dave Matthews. “The freaking warm-up band!” Many concert-goers left after his set because that’s who they came to see. Kids these days! (At the time, Dave’s wife was in med school in town at the U of Wash.). It was a short drive for him.

Anyway, I rarely post in the forum any more. Mostly, I suppose, because of threads like this. When a forum member posts to express his joy at being able to see the Stones “one more time” on the “See ‘m before they’re dead tour”, I find it in very poor taste to turn it into a “Enough about you. Let’s talk about ME!!” thread.

Instead of congratulating someone for their good fortune and good luck, it seems several people feel obligated to share their contrary opinion of the band, all bands, family budgets, the meaning of the almighty dollar, and lord knows what else!

But...having experienced first-hand how vitriolic inmates have been about someone else (not them!) using the word farkle, I’m certainly not surprised. ;-)
 
Saw Rush on their R40 tour in Dallas. Their last tour. At the time, $140 seemed a lot to pay. Now, I'm glad I got to see them perform live one last time. That said, I had more fun at an OK Go concert, and tickets were 1/3 the price.
 
Olyrider_imp said:
A different perpective:

In 1965, when I was 14 yrs old, I lived in Dayton, Ohio. My all-boys Catholic high school would have summer dances “on the slab”. Obviously, the Rolling Stones hits were played constantly.

Ten years ago, I saw them in Seattle at the Seahawks stadium. I couldn’t believe that I was seeing them in concert 40 years after that summer. I mean that literally. Up there on stage at what we would have considered to be “they are as old as my grandparents” age. My seats were so high up that I could see them arrive backstage in two white vans mere seconds before they appeared on stage. From my distant perch, I clearly saw three Starbucks cups amongst them. ;-)

The show was incredibly good...”almost” great. I loved it. But I couldn’t stop thinking about how the world and I had changed in those 40 intervening years. Cities, technologies, sound, video, crowds and so much more! I bought a poster with a close-up photo of the four. My wife watched me put it up in our tv room. “Losers!” she exclaimed. “Au contraire, mon ami!” I replied. “They are winners! Think about it, sweetie. They lived life on their terms, became certifiable geniuses (and legends) at their craft, and made obscene amounts of money doing it. And loved every minute of it!” You might not like their music, but even if you have to begrudge them their success at least acknowledge it.”

The warm-up band was Dave Matthews. “The freaking warm-up band!” Many concert-goers left after his set because that’s who they came to see. Kids these days! (At the time, Dave’s wife was in med school in town at the U of Wash.). It was a short drive for him.

Anyway, I rarely post in the forum any more. Mostly, I suppose, because of threads like this. When a forum member posts to express his joy at being able to see the Stones “one more time” on the “See ‘m before they’re dead tour”, I find it in very poor taste to turn it into a “Enough about you. Let’s talk about ME!!” thread.

Instead of congratulating someone for their good fortune and good luck, it seems several people feel obligated to share their contrary opinion of the band, all bands, family budgets, the meaning of the almighty dollar, and lord knows what else!

But...having experienced first-hand how vitriolic inmates have been about someone else (not them!) using the word farkle, I’m certainly not surprised. ;-)
cd710a3feaba76de026698fa1bcaa6c0.jpg
:heart:
 
Hey, saving money is good, especially when it can be redirected for purposes that are meaningful in other ways.

- - -

Now, with that said ... and before PB's peace image ... I have to say that this was one of the crotchiest CB threads I've seen yet. If I didn't know better, I thought I was reading some knuckle-dragging HD Forum thread.

Can't leave y'all alone in the Forum a mere half day before all hel...

(... yeah, cute couple there PB)
 
Ok it's winter. Most guys aren't riding and have nothing else to do. If the moderators (me and Cormanus) were doing our jobs as directed by the administrator, this thread would have been deleted after the first post,(something I considered) because it has nothing to do with the CB 1100 or motorcycles in general ( something Cormanus hinted at early on) but like I said it's winter, and I/we let it ride. The whole first page and the beginning of the second page were nothing but congrats, and cool band, and it will be worth it and it will be a great time, then eventually as threads tend to do, particularly this time of the year, it started to to drift. and the drift was even participated in by the original thread starter.

If y'all think this is a crotchety thread, you really should visit some other forums and read some of the threads that go on, this time of the year in particular, when guys can't get out to ride.

Maybe we should just have threads about the CB1100 and motorcycles in general which was the original purpose for the forum. Whatcha think?
 
Ah, keep it. CB folks are definitely not crotchety. This one came closest, but still so far away from what others you have indicated. CB folks appear kinda squishy, so this appears so in jest. It is funny because it is sooooooo not CB folks.

And we have a soother: PB. :) I nominate peterbaron as "Forum Soother". (just kinding of course, but wait ... )
RE Winter: Yeah, Ferret, no doubt that brings the fur out on the backs of riders, the finger nails get long and yellow, ... oh yeah. Bad.
 
Thread starter
I think that there is nothing wrong with some threads/post having nothing to do with motorcycles.
I have read threads /post about fishing, hunting, boats , planes , cars, guitars , birds etc.
By STRICTLY only having post about motorcycles the Forum could slowly die and that would be a shame especially for new owners of the CB 1100h
 
Houtman_imp said:
Yesterday I heard that the Rolling Stones are coming to the USA again in 2019
Bought a ticket today to see them in Jacksonville FL in April 24 2019.
Friends have told me years ago that I will be 18 for the rest of my life !
I'd to say, paying that much to go to the Rolling Stones would not be my cup of tea.

However, brother, I really appreciate that you posted your joy to us, so that we can share your happiness! Everybody should find his own way to fulfill his life and find a way to live his dreams.

Go, have fun
...and tell us about.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I think that there is nothing wrong with some threads/post having nothing to do with motorcycles.
I have read threads /post about fishing, hunting, boats , planes , cars, guitars , birds etc.
By STRICTLY only having post about motorcycles the Forum could slowly die and that would be a shame especially for new owners of the CB 1100h
Agreed, especially given CB members are not oppressive.

This is a scribe of humanity sharing common interests revolving around the spirit of the CB. In the end, it might be the only thing that might survive us.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ok it's winter. Most guys aren't riding and have nothing else to do. If the moderators (me and Cormanus) were doing our jobs as directed by the administrator, this thread would have been deleted after the first post,(something I considered) because it has nothing to do with the CB 1100 or motorcycles in general ( something Cormanus hinted at early on) but like I said it's winter, and I/we let it ride. The whole first page and the beginning of the second page were nothing but congrats, and cool band, and it will be worth it and it will be a great time, then eventually as threads tend to do, particularly this time of the year, it started to to drift. and the drift was even participated in by the original thread starter.

If y'all think this is a crotchety thread, you really should visit some other forums and read some of the threads that go on, this time of the year in particular, when guys can't get out to ride.

Maybe we should just have threads about the CB1100 and motorcycles in general which was the original purpose for the forum. Whatcha think?
GoldOxide_imp said:
Ah, keep it. CB folks are definitely not crotchety. This one came closest, but still so far away from what others you have indicated. CB folks appear kinda squishy, so this appears so in jest. It is funny because it is sooooooo not CB folks.

And we have a soother: PB. :) I nominate peterbaron as "Forum Soother". (just kinding of course, but wait ... )
RE Winter: Yeah, Ferret, no doubt that brings the fur out on the backs of riders, the finger nails get long and yellow, ... oh yeah. Bad.
Houtman_imp said:
I think that there is nothing wrong with some threads/post having nothing to do with motorcycles.
I have read threads /post about fishing, hunting, boats , planes , cars, guitars , birds etc.
By STRICTLY only having post about motorcycles the Forum could slowly die and that would be a shame especially for new owners of the CB 1100h
I think we are doing OK...tight censorship/restrictions would thwart this forum, which is our CB social media closed circuit, also too much worry will kill us all...I had very tough German boss named Hans, who always said: if cuss hits the fan, it's gonna be spread all over the place.....
Many threads drift off, as we have so many different members of so many different views, needs and opinions...which in turns give us a wake up call in some cases..
The above member said once " humor is best medicine", and this is so true. Friendly jabs do a lot of healing in bad comments or situations :)
The only complaint I have is the need of few more emojis, and for sure this one:
b9f11e393efafd4ab47bfd28ccd21edf.png
, so Guth, click your mouse and grant me X-mas wish, please :angel:

:thanks: all :worship:

P.S."Ok it's winter"... I am looking for set of motorcycle winter wiper blades and floor mats, any help ??:P:):D
 
As long as we don't start into politics, I think we're good. That said, I think the U.S. would be much better if Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi would go together on a breakfast ride at least one Saturday morning each month. Shoot, I'd be supportive even if Mitch rode a Fat Boy and Nancy rode a Gixxer.
 
Back
Top