best looking helmets

tod.branko_imp said:
Throw in a tobacco brand and you've hit the trifecta lol

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
lol - I suppose it could be as bad as fake stick-on "bullet holes".



I guess it gives a whole new meaning to "Bullet" helmet.
 
GI60 mentioned Gulf graphics (which I love, btw) and it got me to thinking. I worked at a Union 76 station in high school. What do you guys think about getting an orange helmet and doing the graphics so it looks like a Union 76 antenna ball?


LOL
4400e5d33a32e0fcfa05b7babc6eea99.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I've been wearing HJC white helmets (no graphics) for about 20 years and switched to the flip-up model when they came out.
I'm not partial to hi-viz yellow/green jackets so I wear red and with a white helmet, I feel quite sure I'll be seen - but take nothing for granted.
I've never had a problem with HJC and will continue to use them.
 
Tod, you sir, are a genius. My next white helmet will have to be a Marlboro!

Gold, you bring up something interesting about bullet holes. When the Scorpion 400 was a current model, I really liked this design. But, my wife thought it was morbid, since it looked like a helmet that had already been crashed, or shot at.

And Empty, my next orange helmet will be a Jagermeister. But, 76 antenna balls were practically a religion where I grew up. My Mom and I kicked around the South Bay area of L.A., Torrance, Harbor City and San Pedro. These were refinery towns, and one place we lived overlooked a 76 plant. When you left a 76 gas station, if your car didn't have an orange antenna ball rolling in, it would have one rolling out. The folks took them off and gave them to the kids. We'd put them on the valve stems on our bikes. I probably have a drawer full of them somewhere.
 
It was a no-brainer. I have fond memories of the times motorsports were all about tobacco.

Someone here has that black and gold cb1100 that reminds me so much of the John Player Special Formula 1 car
6c054c38c50e4ebc4201a03681d9231f.jpg
c327e34fc671d507f639db568c38e1ca.jpg
89019dfa52fa1b5b6dd88ff618d6cf53.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
One extra for winter riding would not hurt... especially if you can use it for two bikes..it's called price sharing...:)
 
Yep, looked it up it was Powerdubs
 
Ben Affleck's recent romp wearing a Hedon helmet made me look up the brand. They're very pretty, but clearly botique, and not for serious miles or weather.

And apparently the decal doesn't come off of the face shield...
 
Yeah, I know, but it's just so funny. And it did make me want to learn about a helmet brand I'd never heard of.
 
Affleck is one of the Hollywood elite who is supposed to be more cool because he rides a motorcycle. One can't believe that he would be so excited to try a new helmet that he'd leave the decal on the screen on the first ride. I'm no talent agent, but I am a marketing guy. One has to believe that an $800 botique helmet is pocket change to a guy like that, and that "hey, we'll give you a free helmet if you take some press photos riding with our decal still on it" wouldn't blip his needle much. Maybe he's got an endorsement deal with them.

Actually, thinking about it for a minute... maybe he's like my wife. Even if we were famous millionaires, she'd say "Hey, this is an $800 helmet for free. Leave the sticker on it and let them take the stupid picture!"
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Affleck is one of the Hollywood elite who is supposed to be more cool because he rides a motorcycle. One can't believe that he would be so excited to try a new helmet that he'd leave the decal on the screen on the first ride. I'm no talent agent, but I am a marketing guy. One has to believe that an $800 botique helmet is pocket change to a guy like that, and that "hey, we'll give you a free helmet if you take some press photos riding with our decal still on it" wouldn't blip his needle much. Maybe he's got an endorsement deal with them.

Actually, thinking about it for a minute... maybe he's like my wife. Even if we were famous millionaires, she'd say "Hey, this is an $800 helmet for free. Leave the sticker on it and let them take the stupid picture!"
When you put it that way, it is understandable.
 
Thread starter
I got the i70 like I said. I'd like to share a couple things... the snaps for the cheek pads are really small. not saying they aren't sufficient, just that compared to scorpion, bell, kbc, etc. they are pretty small. the slider for the sun visor is difficult to slide. it's stiff, which I would like, because it means it won't slack up or down like some do, but there's just not enough of a lever to get ahold of. my scorpion has a nice big lever you can easily slide either direction.

just thought I'd put that info out there...
 
jimgl3_imp said:
I got the i70 like I said. I'd like to share a couple things... the snaps for the cheek pads are really small. not saying they aren't sufficient, just that compared to scorpion, bell, kbc, etc. they are pretty small. the slider for the sun visor is difficult to slide. it's stiff, which I would like, because it means it won't slack up or down like some do, but there's just not enough of a lever to get ahold of. my scorpion has a nice big lever you can easily slide either direction.

just thought I'd put that info out there...
Understood.

HJC does a good job with sun visor levers on the helmet. Generally easy to locate and throw with gloves on. Other helmet brands like Nolan seem more problematic with gloves on.
 
I had Shoei NXR for about 5 years and recently upgraded (downloaded) it to the Shoei glamster. “Downloaded” as it has even less features and much more noisier than NXR. However I like the look. I think it’s a good compromise helmet. Very simple, beautiful looking, has all features i need.

75495a1fb6f7e95a85c6df2e65bc2700.jpg

7e6a8f6e34e0fe1f7657298aa52a386b.jpg
 
Back
Top