best looking helmets

Common every day Bell available in the US isn't it? We are talking helmets!
 
PB, there’s a helmet in that picture? :P
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
PB, there’s a helmet in that picture? :P
... and Bonnie, I think?


The look is not disappointing.

Remember folks: The emphasis in on the helmet. That is the reason why it is highlighted with colour, in the otherwise shades of grey.
 
I think HJC makes very attractive helmets, probably why they are the #1 helmet mfg in the world.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I think HJC makes very attractive helmets, probably why they are the #1 helmet mfg in the world.
I like HJC (home office in S. Korea), have two. Good value, fair and better looks. Largest helmet manufacturer in the world.

I like Arai (home office in Japan). High quality, quiet, solid build and confident fit. Very good looks for road and adventure-minded riding. Pricey.

Recently I acquired a Klim (home office in Sweden) helmet. High quality, quiet, confident feel, light, very good looks for adventure-minded riding. Pricey.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I think HJC makes very attractive helmets, probably why they are the #1 helmet mfg in the world.
I like HJC (home office in S. Korea), have two. Good value, fair and better looks. Largest helmet manufacturer in the world.

I like Arai (home office in Japan). High quality, quiet, solid build and confident fit. Very good looks for road and adventure-minded riding. Pricey.

Recently I acquired a Klim (home office in Sweden) helmet. High quality, quiet, confident feel, light, very good looks for adventure-minded riding. Pricey.
Klim's new TK1200 modular road helmet seems pricey at $600 USD. The helmet comes with a Transitions shield. That's a $150 extra purchase for most helmets. That makes the Klim helmet price more reasonable if you're planning to get a Transitions shield anyway.
 
Roper_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I think HJC makes very attractive helmets, probably why they are the #1 helmet mfg in the world.
I like HJC (home office in S. Korea), have two. Good value, fair and better looks. Largest helmet manufacturer in the world.

I like Arai (home office in Japan). High quality, quiet, solid build and confident fit. Very good looks for road and adventure-minded riding. Pricey.

Recently I acquired a Klim (home office in Sweden) helmet. High quality, quiet, confident feel, light, very good looks for adventure-minded riding. Pricey.
Klim's new TK1200 modular road helmet seems pricey at $600 USD. The helmet comes with a Transitions shield. That's a $150 extra purchase for most helmets. That makes the Klim helmet price more reasonable if you're planning to get a Transitions shield anyway.
Klim's new TK1200 modular road helmet seems pricey at $600 USD. The helmet comes with a Transitions shield. That's a $150 extra purchase for most helmets. That makes the Klim helmet price more reasonable if you're planning to get a Transitions shield anyway.
I was skeptical of the Transition shield.

Being a "slide down visor" for over a decade, the Transitions shield is refreshing and liberating. That is:

* It changes rapidly,
* The shield is durable and does not scratch easily like a slide visor,
* The optic quality is superior to any slide visor I have used,
* One less optic layer to view through, especially if you happen to wear correction eyewear or even sunglasses,
* Allows the space in the helmet to remain "open", without being confined behind a slide down visor.

The only drawback so far I can think of is the same as having no slide down visor: No eye "extra protection" when the main shield is open. If you have clear framed eyewear, this will mitigate that depending on its specification.
 
You can order any helmet you want if you look around enough. In fact- not having to pay tax is nice. Just use a credit card with no foreign transaction fees.
 
Thread starter
mainly Nolan and X-lite, but Shark has some impressive graphics that are only available in Europe. Ferret, I ended up going with HJC... i70 Karon. The color scheme is love it or hate it and I love it!
619735739cb0e51138713fb3d8d17e5f.jpg
ff6722708713591bc4252acf410ecb3d.jpg
 
Interesting original comment. I tend to find the graphics of the helmets offered here in Europe to be pretty boring for the most part. Personally I love the extravagant graphics found on helmets in Japan. Typically Japanese racers have some very intricate designs that I really love.

As I go to Japan quite often, I have been several times to helmet shops there and reveled in the colourful graphic designs available. I ended up getting this one:

82cae4bb8a1213b40a9936c7f21f8fcc.jpg


I know it is not to everybody's taste, but I love it.
 
Thread starter
can't get this Shoei graphic in the US of A
fcd1c0c281b7b8cd6a49b0450483fa53.jpg

Henrik, I like that one you posted a lot. It's very traditional Japanese
here's some HJC's you can't get here
f8577d73c0f1d557fb7235cb11289e0e.jpg

f1e75be47bd678eef52bd17b17dabd92.jpg
 
My last helmet (Shoei R-somethingoranother) was white and I designed graphics that my friend made up in vinyl. Cost me less than the graphics versions from Shoei. I’ll probably do the sane thing with my next helmet, which will likely be an Arai
 
Back
Top