Best header polish?

fiscy_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just wondering what everyone uses to get the gold off the headers and what they do to keep it off
 
type optiglanz into the search engine. I think that is what most use
 
Or they don't use anything and let them age as Honda intended.
 
I am going to try out Yoshimura Stain Magic and see what that does. I have quite a lot of blueing on my headers right next to the head. I have been real pleased with the longevity of Optiglanz. It does a great job removing soiling from headers.

I suspect a lot of the issue is with single wall headers.
 
My header had turned a golden color, which I didn't mind, but I started getting the corrosive rust looking specs all of a sudden at the bend after exiting the head. I used CREST toothpaste on a wet rag and got the results pictured in about 20 minutes. FYI, I just thought I would try it because I use it on my vehicle headlight lens' to polish them clear.
 
I saw Ptero replied to a "best header polish" thread and just had to see what he had to say....... I should have known :rofl:
 
Geez! Have you given in and cleaned that thing Pterodactyl? :P
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Geez! Have you given in and cleaned that thing Pterodactyl? :P
Nah, no hurry. Up to 52,000 now so will probably give it a tub sometime before 75k. Cleaning time is riding time wasted.

Cheers
Other way round, for me. It would be my riding time that was wasted, as I would get zero enjoyment out of it, if my bike looked like that! :)
 
:rofl: That made me laugh

My bike is sorta in between Tink clean and Pterodactyl dirty.
 
KennyB_imp said:
My header had turned a golden color, which I didn't mind, but I started getting the corrosive rust looking specs all of a sudden at the bend after exiting the head. I used CREST toothpaste on a wet rag and got the results pictured in about 20 minutes. FYI, I just thought I would try it because I use it on my vehicle headlight lens' to polish them clear.
Yikes and Holy Cr@p! Toothpaste did that?! Here I am with two or even three different expensive polishes in the garage that require lots of elbow grease and I still have some of those small specks you had. Gonna try the toothpaste next. Used it all the time years ago on the roof light lenses on the police cars. Never thought of trying it on metal.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
KennyB_imp said:
My header had turned a golden color, which I didn't mind, but I started getting the corrosive rust looking specs all of a sudden at the bend after exiting the head. I used CREST toothpaste on a wet rag and got the results pictured in about 20 minutes. FYI, I just thought I would try it because I use it on my vehicle headlight lens' to polish them clear.
Yikes and Holy Cr@p! Toothpaste did that?! Here I am with two or even three different expensive polishes in the garage that require lots of elbow grease and I still have some of those small specks you had. Gonna try the toothpaste next. Used it all the time years ago on the roof light lenses on the police cars. Never thought of trying it on metal.
Yikes and Holy Cr@p! Toothpaste did that?! Here I am with two or even three different expensive polishes in the garage that require lots of elbow grease and I still have some of those small specks you had. Gonna try the toothpaste next. Used it all the time years ago on the roof light lenses on the police cars. Never thought of trying it on metal.
Toothpaste? I wonder if a good mouthwash, maybe Listerine, might help the blokes who reckon that their cooling fins are rotting ;).

Cheers
 
Back
Top