Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Guth_imp said:I don't worry too much about the bronzing of the headers (the stainless steel headers on my Hawk GT are the same way), but I do like to keep them shiny and have been happy with Pro Honda Metal Polish for this task. It shines them up really nice and with a little extra effort it will remove the bronzing for you if you wish.
DGShannon_imp said:


Pterodactyl_imp said:DGShannon_imp said:
Yep, just let it go. After 50,000kms my CB doesn't look all that bad.
Cheers
ighs:...

Nah, no hurry. Up to 52,000 now so will probably give it a tub sometime before 75k. Cleaning time is riding time wasted.Cormanus_imp said:Geez! Have you given in and cleaned that thing Pterodactyl?![]()
Other way round, for me. It would be my riding time that was wasted, as I would get zero enjoyment out of it, if my bike looked like that!Pterodactyl_imp said:Nah, no hurry. Up to 52,000 now so will probably give it a tub sometime before 75k. Cleaning time is riding time wasted.Cormanus_imp said:Geez! Have you given in and cleaned that thing Pterodactyl?![]()
Cheers

Yikes and Holy Cr@p! Toothpaste did that?! Here I am with two or even three different expensive polishes in the garage that require lots of elbow grease and I still have some of those small specks you had. Gonna try the toothpaste next. Used it all the time years ago on the roof light lenses on the police cars. Never thought of trying it on metal.KennyB_imp said:My header had turned a golden color, which I didn't mind, but I started getting the corrosive rust looking specs all of a sudden at the bend after exiting the head. I used CREST toothpaste on a wet rag and got the results pictured in about 20 minutes. FYI, I just thought I would try it because I use it on my vehicle headlight lens' to polish them clear.
Yikes and Holy Cr@p! Toothpaste did that?! Here I am with two or even three different expensive polishes in the garage that require lots of elbow grease and I still have some of those small specks you had. Gonna try the toothpaste next. Used it all the time years ago on the roof light lenses on the police cars. Never thought of trying it on metal.ClassicVW_imp said:Yikes and Holy Cr@p! Toothpaste did that?! Here I am with two or even three different expensive polishes in the garage that require lots of elbow grease and I still have some of those small specks you had. Gonna try the toothpaste next. Used it all the time years ago on the roof light lenses on the police cars. Never thought of trying it on metal.KennyB_imp said:My header had turned a golden color, which I didn't mind, but I started getting the corrosive rust looking specs all of a sudden at the bend after exiting the head. I used CREST toothpaste on a wet rag and got the results pictured in about 20 minutes. FYI, I just thought I would try it because I use it on my vehicle headlight lens' to polish them clear.
.