Bell Bullitt - shameful purchase

Thread starter
VTR1000F_imp said:
Hi B166er..what size did you ordered? I consider buying Bullitt via internet as they do not import this model to my country. I measure around 61 cm, but every head shape is different.

Thanks.
XXL
 
On the Shoeis I have, the inside padding comes in different thickness's to help tweak the size to exact fit


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Revzilla restocked Bullitt TT edition helmet so I purchased mine today.
We will see the fit:-)
d883d6136c508070e8ddd189d1aa00e1.jpg
 
Fantastic VTR. It'll look great.
 
my first impression:

- helmet is light
- the level of manufacturing and paint is very good
- interior is very nice, feels expensive!
- I´m not used to kinda oldschool system of strap locking
- the head entry port is quite narrow, I agree with most reviews that people with wider head or bigger ears may have a problem
-when seated, the helmet fits my head snug, no problems and pressure points anywhere.

I´m going to try on the road today to see the noise level etc.

I can only compare with my Caberg Justissimo modular helmet I use since 2008
 
after 300 miles of wekend riding. other impressions are:

- view angle is huge, I can literally see my own shoulder with small effort
- no chin deflector, so face gets some breeze from underneath. can be easily solved by wearing scalf. Nt a problem in hot weather.
- shin vent and its sliding flap is a bad joke
- I love the leather strap and hidden magnet for locking the visor
 
HikerToo_imp said:
On the Shoeis I have, the inside padding comes in different thickness's to help tweak the size to exact fit


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same with Scorpion. Different thickness (in MMs) of snap-in cheek pads to make it a comfortable fit.
 
I recently ordered a bullitt but ended up exchanging it for a shoei rf1200. I have a big head and the bullitt feels narrow.
 
B166er_imp said:
Helmet came in on Thursday. I swear, angels began to sing 70s blues rock when I pulled it out of the box. It is beautiful!!!! The fit and finish is completely over the top. The paint on it is nicer than any of my cars. The little leather tab that holds the face shield in place is such a pretty touch and the interior... I just want a couch made out of this perforated leather but of course, then I want to lay on this couch, butt nekked, for at least a third of my remaining days..

I truly want to place this on a small mantle, in my family room and install one of those small LED lights you see in the art galleries. Which of course, is all this helmet is good for BECAUSE THE STUPID THING IS SO FRIGGIN NARROW, I CAN"T GET MY FAT HEAD INTO IT, WITHOUT TEARING OFF MY EARS!!!!!!!

Seriously. I'm heart broken. It has to go back. Fits well on the top of my head and along my cheeks and jaw line. However, below my temples and my ears? Its so tight I can't even get my ears to lay flat. Spoke with Revzilla support and the guy assured me that it would never break in enough for me to enjoy the helmet. So, its going back for a full refund.

So, I purchased a Shoei Qwest. Full face, sport touring, quiet, great visibility and I got the Overt model on closeout which is a high gloss black and hiviz yellow graphic that is normally $120 more than the solids but it was the same price. Its not my style but its a nice everyday helmet that is supposed to fit a rounder head.

3e87b30a34b23c63734f787c6818f782.jpg


I also purchased a Biltwell Gringo. According to the RevSupport guy, it should fit me. If not, it will also go back and I will take that money to buy a pinlock shield for the Shoei.

50ef559e628630f55418d6a32d63eccc.jpg


ugh...... Very sad but my giant head has been a bane to my existence for years. Why cry now.
Ears are overrated.
 
Back
Top