Dec 17, 2017 #1 rotor Been there Thread starter Some time ago I posted here about the helmet specs. What arrived yesterday was one of those - a Bell Bullitt. Advertised as "retro", so seems to be an "ideological match" for the CB1100. Weight: even a bit less (1400 g according to my office postal scale) than in the specs on the maker's page (1500 g). Pretty good, but still above what I was hoping for (1250 g). Colour: yes, they are available in all-white, with no graphics or lettering on it. (Maker's logo on the front can mercifully be peeled off with ease. Not so the stupid DOT sticker on the back, which I'll have to cover with some white tape). Size: my head circumference is 57 cm; just between "Medium" and "Large", according to most helmet size tables. I've ordered Large, and, as the knight dude in the movie said, "I've chosen wisely..." - a near perfect fit. I don't even have to take my ears off to put the helmet on. (But it would help if I could). If it was Medium, it would probably be the fist leg of a round trip for it. Build quality seems quite high. Liner is removable for cleaning (and disinfecting... It came with clear "bubble" visor. I'm slightly concerned the bulging out surface will be a scratch magnet. We'll see. Best for the last: No full-face helmet I ever owned was less intrusive of my peripheral vision. I can just barely notice the helmet outline as I move eyes sideways as far as they'll go. The comments on the noise and comfort in all-day ride will have to wait for the snow to melt. Stay tuned.
Some time ago I posted here about the helmet specs. What arrived yesterday was one of those - a Bell Bullitt. Advertised as "retro", so seems to be an "ideological match" for the CB1100. Weight: even a bit less (1400 g according to my office postal scale) than in the specs on the maker's page (1500 g). Pretty good, but still above what I was hoping for (1250 g). Colour: yes, they are available in all-white, with no graphics or lettering on it. (Maker's logo on the front can mercifully be peeled off with ease. Not so the stupid DOT sticker on the back, which I'll have to cover with some white tape). Size: my head circumference is 57 cm; just between "Medium" and "Large", according to most helmet size tables. I've ordered Large, and, as the knight dude in the movie said, "I've chosen wisely..." - a near perfect fit. I don't even have to take my ears off to put the helmet on. (But it would help if I could). If it was Medium, it would probably be the fist leg of a round trip for it. Build quality seems quite high. Liner is removable for cleaning (and disinfecting... It came with clear "bubble" visor. I'm slightly concerned the bulging out surface will be a scratch magnet. We'll see. Best for the last: No full-face helmet I ever owned was less intrusive of my peripheral vision. I can just barely notice the helmet outline as I move eyes sideways as far as they'll go. The comments on the noise and comfort in all-day ride will have to wait for the snow to melt. Stay tuned.
Dec 17, 2017 #2 Cormanus Administrator Staff member Glad you finally found something that suited, rotor. I recall that metallyguitarded (who we've not seen for a bit) had one and liked it a lot.
Glad you finally found something that suited, rotor. I recall that metallyguitarded (who we've not seen for a bit) had one and liked it a lot.
Jun 18, 2018 #3 B Bigskyorbust_imp Running like a top I have a robin egg blue Bell Bullitt with the yellow bubble screen . Excellent helmet except for the wind noise .. very loud . Hope you are enjoying yours Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a robin egg blue Bell Bullitt with the yellow bubble screen . Excellent helmet except for the wind noise .. very loud . Hope you are enjoying yours Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jun 18, 2018 #4 peterbaron Road warrior rotor_imp said: Some time ago I posted here about the helmet specs. What arrived yesterday was one of those - a Bell Bullitt. Advertised as "retro", so seems to be an "ideological match" for the CB1100. Weight: even a bit less (1400 g according to my office postal scale) than in the specs on the maker's page (1500 g). Pretty good, but still above what I was hoping for (1250 g). Colour: yes, they are available in all-white, with no graphics or lettering on it. (Maker's logo on the front can mercifully be peeled off with ease. Not so the stupid DOT sticker on the back, which I'll have to cover with some white tape). Size: my head circumference is 57 cm; just between "Medium" and "Large", according to most helmet size tables. I've ordered Large, and, as the knight dude in the movie said, "I've chosen wisely..." - a near perfect fit. I don't even have to take my ears off to put the helmet on. (But it would help if I could). If it was Medium, it would probably be the fist leg of a round trip for it. Build quality seems quite high. Liner is removable for cleaning (and disinfecting... It came with clear "bubble" visor. I'm slightly concerned the bulging out surface will be a scratch magnet. We'll see. Best for the last: No full-face helmet I ever owned was less intrusive of my peripheral vision. I can just barely notice the helmet outline as I move eyes sideways as far as they'll go. The comments on the noise and comfort in all-day ride will have to wait for the snow to melt. Stay tuned. Click to expand... Did someone say snow :huh: Rotor, where in Western Canada do you live??? pb
rotor_imp said: Some time ago I posted here about the helmet specs. What arrived yesterday was one of those - a Bell Bullitt. Advertised as "retro", so seems to be an "ideological match" for the CB1100. Weight: even a bit less (1400 g according to my office postal scale) than in the specs on the maker's page (1500 g). Pretty good, but still above what I was hoping for (1250 g). Colour: yes, they are available in all-white, with no graphics or lettering on it. (Maker's logo on the front can mercifully be peeled off with ease. Not so the stupid DOT sticker on the back, which I'll have to cover with some white tape). Size: my head circumference is 57 cm; just between "Medium" and "Large", according to most helmet size tables. I've ordered Large, and, as the knight dude in the movie said, "I've chosen wisely..." - a near perfect fit. I don't even have to take my ears off to put the helmet on. (But it would help if I could). If it was Medium, it would probably be the fist leg of a round trip for it. Build quality seems quite high. Liner is removable for cleaning (and disinfecting... It came with clear "bubble" visor. I'm slightly concerned the bulging out surface will be a scratch magnet. We'll see. Best for the last: No full-face helmet I ever owned was less intrusive of my peripheral vision. I can just barely notice the helmet outline as I move eyes sideways as far as they'll go. The comments on the noise and comfort in all-day ride will have to wait for the snow to melt. Stay tuned. Click to expand... Did someone say snow :huh: Rotor, where in Western Canada do you live??? pb