Bell Bullitt - shameful purchase

B166er_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I just had to. Such a beautiful lid. I'm sure I will get another full face for touring/quieter ride but for 90 percent of my riding, I'm thinking this is perfect for me.

en route from revzilla. Praying the fit is good.

Got the gold iridium flat screen


And yellow bubble.


Comes with a clear flat as well.
 
Thread starter
For 4 bills, it would better fit nicely. Supposed to.sit very.low though. I would recommend your friend also check out Biltwell Gringo, of course the Bell Custom 500 is a staple.
 
I'm missing the shameful part...did you sleep with a Revzilla clerk for a discount?

If you're feeling shameful about buying too much gear, find ferret"s "gear-hoarding addiction" thread. You'll feel fine after seeing that.
 
Thread starter
The shameful part is that for 400 dollars, I've could have purchased a mid level HJC modular and a gringo or a Bell 500 for that retro, city helmet need. But as long as it fits, I'm going to love it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
And there is nothing shameful about sex for discounts.
 
B166er_imp said:
The shameful part is that for 400 dollars, I've could have purchased a mid level HJC modular and a gringo or a Bell 500 for that retro, city helmet need. But as long as it fits, I'm going to love it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
And there is nothing shameful about sex for discounts.
I buy all my gear from Revzilla, great customer service and return policy + you get Revzilla bucks:thumbsup: Helmet are very personal, take the shield label off carefully if you don't like it put it back on, they except returns no questions asked. Great company.
 
Thread starter
I'm very impressed with their detailed reviews. The world of helmets is huge and to the untrained, somewhat daunting. I now have, after a week of revzilla research, compiled a nice list of helmets to seriously consider.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
To me, no shame in buying a $400 ff helmet if you end up using the helmet. The way I look at it is that if the Bell Bullitt results in you using a ff helmet more frequently (as opposed to a less protective 1/2, 3/4 or modular helmet), the bell helmet is well worth the $400.

I am currently using various 3/4 quarter helmets with face shields and with all the talk in another thread about the added protection benefits of a ff helmet, I am now considering a ff. If I were to get a ff helment, this bell bullitt would be at the top of my list (all other ff helmets that I have seen are too "modern" looking for the CB1100).

However, I wear prescription glasses and my limited experience with ff helmets is that they do not work well together. I am hoping that with the bullitt's larger face shield opening it would be easier to fit the helmet over my head with my glasses however there are no Bell dealers in Hawaii to test this assumption.

I also look forward to the OPs review of this helmet.
 
Thread starter
808, I couldn't agree more. The "BB" gives me FF protection and fills the "need" to be aesthetically appealing. Form should follow function and I think the $400 price tag is somewhat justified in that it is vented, DOT and if fit is spot on, should be a very comfortable helmet too.

I'm currently rocking my dads hand me down HJC IS-33. The size is probably a size too small but I have "re"-broken it in so it is comfortable but sits pretty high up. Much of my jaw and lower face is pretty exposed. I think its quiet enough but since it is a 3/4, its certainly not quiet. I'm guessing that even with the noise the BB does not block out, it should be as quiet or quieter than the 3/4 helmet. I commute about 11-15 miles. Depending if I am on the freeway or back roads. I like to cruise the "cool" parts of town and to the surrounding neighborhoods. So really, the BB should be a perfect everyday lid. Now, when I finally spend some coin on a windscreen, luggage and other long road necessities, a proper (and probably cheaper) FF will be on order. If I like the "BB", I may consider a Bell RS-1 since the fitment of the BB was modeled off of the RS-1.

Also, 808, the BB, with the bubble shield, should provide more than enough room for any kind of eyewear. I think it also looks great sans shield, with goggles or glasses.

Should be arriving Thursday. CAN'T WAIT!!!
 
808 I wear prescription glasses and I have never found a FF helmet that I can put on withy taking them off. I recently bought a Shark helmet—I'll see if I can find the thread for you—which is designed to make it easy to take your specs on and off when it's on. It works really well.

Edit: Helmet thread New Helmet
 
I have a bunch of ff and a couple modulars. There is no way to put on/ take off the ff without taking the glasses off first. With the modulars its a crap shoot. Can usually get the helmet on/off but it knocks the glasses all crooked and off one ear, which you have to straighten up. With the 3/4 and open face helmet goes right on/off wearing glasses. Since I wear ff/ mods 99% of the time, I usually just put my glasses upside down on the drivers seat while putting on or taking off the helmets and putting the glasses on afterwards. Have knocked the glasses from the seat to the ground several times, pitting the lenses. It is not cheap for progressive bifocals either. I now keep " last years" model glasses just for riding since they are already beat up, and save my latest ones for non motorcycle activities.

People who don't wear glasses have no idea what a pain it is to wear helmets. :@
 
Thread starter
Getting my eye exam in the first. Both parents were in glasses by this time. I'm sure it's happening. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Helmet came in on Thursday. I swear, angels began to sing 70s blues rock when I pulled it out of the box. It is beautiful!!!! The fit and finish is completely over the top. The paint on it is nicer than any of my cars. The little leather tab that holds the face shield in place is such a pretty touch and the interior... I just want a couch made out of this perforated leather but of course, then I want to lay on this couch, butt nekked, for at least a third of my remaining days..

I truly want to place this on a small mantle, in my family room and install one of those small LED lights you see in the art galleries. Which of course, is all this helmet is good for BECAUSE THE STUPID THING IS SO FRIGGIN NARROW, I CAN"T GET MY FAT HEAD INTO IT, WITHOUT TEARING OFF MY EARS!!!!!!!

Seriously. I'm heart broken. It has to go back. Fits well on the top of my head and along my cheeks and jaw line. However, below my temples and my ears? Its so tight I can't even get my ears to lay flat. Spoke with Revzilla support and the guy assured me that it would never break in enough for me to enjoy the helmet. So, its going back for a full refund.

So, I purchased a Shoei Qwest. Full face, sport touring, quiet, great visibility and I got the Overt model on closeout which is a high gloss black and hiviz yellow graphic that is normally $120 more than the solids but it was the same price. Its not my style but its a nice everyday helmet that is supposed to fit a rounder head.

3e87b30a34b23c63734f787c6818f782.jpg


I also purchased a Biltwell Gringo. According to the RevSupport guy, it should fit me. If not, it will also go back and I will take that money to buy a pinlock shield for the Shoei.

50ef559e628630f55418d6a32d63eccc.jpg


ugh...... Very sad but my giant head has been a bane to my existence for years. Why cry now.
 
Arrrr no way. Oh well, you will love the Qwest, my brother has one, it's a great helmet
 
I really like my Qwest, but man, that Bullit is sure sweet. I saw the white one with the red dots on the side and a bubble shield at the AIM show in Orlando last year where it was introduced. Want!
 
You almost made me wet myself when I read the part because the friggin thing is so narrow. I was ready to go buy one up to that part!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
You almost made me wet myself when I read the part because the friggin thing is so narrow. I was ready to go buy one up to that part!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well, I'm sure it won't be the same for everyone. I measure around 24.25" just above the eyebrows (approx 62cm).
I noted to the rev rep that I was currently in a XL HJC IS-33. She giggled that it was a very round helmet and that's probably why I could comfortably rock a smaller size in that model.
 
Hi B166er..what size did you ordered? I consider buying Bullitt via internet as they do not import this model to my country. I measure around 61 cm, but every head shape is different.

Thanks.
 
Back
Top