Bell Bullitt Helmet

Probably why they fold up when he puts on the new full face
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
MG. Mate. Someone's got to tell you. Look in the mirror. We can all see from your avatar that there's something very peculiar about your left ear. It sticks out through the helmet.

God knows what the right one's like.
I'll admit that I intentionally posed showing my good side but I really don't follow what you're getting at. Everyone's ears stick out through their helmets.

Don't they?
 
There was a notorious criminal in Australia called Mark "Chopper" Reid who must have had that problem as he cut his ears off. Seemed a slightly excessive response.

Chopper became such a legend that he spawned an eponymous comedian. You could search for his Chopper Air safety demonstration on YouTube to get a feel for the guy. Pterodactyl could vouch for the veracity or otherwise of the contents.

For the record, I could post a link, but I'm not going to do so as Chopper would not satisfy Guth's family-friendly requirements.

You've been warned.
 
Thread starter
Wow, I watched both the parody (I can't wait to fly Qantas Airways!) and an interview of the actual Chopper Reid from the early '90s. It's surprising to me that I've never heard of him before. I think I'll keep my ears. I've kind of grown attached to them.
 
MG, you never cease to amaze me. Always achieving the obverse. And effortlessly to boot. Lest I'm being obscure, most of us grew with our ears attached.
 
MG...No response from Bell on the name?
 
Thread starter
I appreciate that you appreciate the subtleness that occasionally finds its way through my otherwise obvious attempts at humor. I can hear my wife's voice now, "Are you falling for him?! He's on the other side of the world! It will never work!" Of course, she's right. But that's okay. It's just a bromance.
 
LOL. That's very funny given that my wife refers to this forum as "your Internet dating site."
 
:rofl:

Sadly I can't find a video of Andrew Denton's interview with Chopper, but there is a transcript here.
 
Update: I decided to keep the helmet. Tried it on again the next day, and for some reason it didn't fold my ears, and went on and off much easier (I *had* been to see a shrink earlier in the day--who knew they were being literal!). I wore it around the house for 20 mins and felt like it was definitely breaking in...so I decided to give it a chance.
 
Thread starter
pechorin75_imp said:
Update: I decided to keep the helmet. Tried it on again the next day, and for some reason it didn't fold my ears, and went on and off much easier (I *had* been to see a shrink earlier in the day--who knew they were being literal!). I wore it around the house for 20 mins and felt like it was definitely breaking in...so I decided to give it a chance.
For some reason, huh? I really hope you didn't take too much away from all the Chopper Reid talk. (There it is again Cormanus.) Sounds promising. Now go take it for a ride and report back!
Your reference to the shrink made me laugh. I wonder how long something like that lasts (the shrinking, not my laughter).
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
pechorin75_imp said:
Update: I decided to keep the helmet. Tried it on again the next day, and for some reason it didn't fold my ears, and went on and off much easier (I *had* been to see a shrink earlier in the day--who knew they were being literal!). I wore it around the house for 20 mins and felt like it was definitely breaking in...so I decided to give it a chance.
For some reason, huh? I really hope you didn't take too much away from all the Chopper Reid talk. (There it is again Cormanus.) Sounds promising. Now go take it for a ride and report back!
Your reference to the shrink made me laugh. I wonder how long something like that lasts (the shrinking, not my laughter).
For some reason, huh? I really hope you didn't take too much away from all the Chopper Reid talk. (There it is again Cormanus.) Sounds promising. Now go take it for a ride and report back!
Your reference to the shrink made me laugh. I wonder how long something like that lasts (the shrinking, not my laughter).
They tell me it only lasts a week, and I have to pay $120 to get it shrunken again. I'm not sure a retro-cool helmet is worth all that.

'Course there's always the Chopper method...

It's pretty cold here today, though if it weren't for the salt on the roads I'd probably be out testing it anyway. Wouldn't really be a legit test, though, since the CB is in storage, and that's probably the only bike I'll wear it on.
 
I like the fastening stud.
 
Surely a man with your handle, metallyguitareded, ought to have an ace that plugs in.
 
Back
Top