Been away for a bit because...

DAC

Road warrior
Thread starter
... Mrs. DAC had a slow speed mishap on her scoot and broke her collarbone. I was right behind her and was there immediately to help, which was good because she rides solo fairly frequently.

Anyway, it was a displaced fracture (which is fancy talk for "it's broken really bad.") and she had surgery to put a small rail and 6 pins in it. She's doing quite well now though a bit sore. Strength is gradually coming back in her arm and stitches come out Tuesday.

So, playing nurse and holding down a job and prepping for an upcoming kitchen remodel has kept me busy. But I'm glad to back among the CB1100 kids!
 
Dang David, that's not good. Glad it wasn't worse though. Is she going to be spooked off from riding now? Best wishes to Mrs DAC for a complete and speedy recovery.

There goes your easy trips thru airport security lol
 
Thread starter
Thanks Mickey!

Jane has strongly asserted from the beginning that she's getting back on that horse again. She loves her scooter - a 150cc Kymco People. It looks retro but has bigger wheels (16 in. front and rear) and so handles in nearlhy motorcycle-like fashion. I like it because it's easy to work on - a GY6 platform scooter which is basically a Honda knock-off.

Lol'd on the security thing - the doc says she'll clear no problem!
 
Glad to hear Mrs. DAC is ok!

I like to see a pic of the scooter if possible. Sounds interesting.

I have screws in my big toes from bunion surgery. The doc gave me a card to show at the airport if necessary. I only tripped the sensor once and just waved the wand and laughed it off.

As an aside, the scanner machine said I had a gun on my hip once. Thankfully they didn't panic. Just checked and nothing was there. Gotta love those TSA machines.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Glad to hear Mrs. DAC is ok!

I like to see a pic of the scooter if possible. Sounds interesting.

I have screws in my big toes from bunion surgery. The doc gave me a card to show at the airport if necessary. I only tripped the sensor once and just waved the wand and laughed it off.

As an aside, the scanner machine said I had a gun on my hip once. Thankfully they didn't panic. Just checked and nothing was there. Gotta love those TSA machines.
pics of the People:
bb34c3635bc4b0b6c5f1aceee5eb0f88.jpg

6cc1708ea2229055b40b814c7ed314e4.jpg
 
DAC, so sorry to hear about Mrs DAC, but glad to hear she's on the mend.

It is a cool looking scooter.
 
So sorry to hear about this , hope things work out. The Kymco is a very good unit.
I know the dealer here he refuses to sell the cheap stuff.
 
Cool scooter! I like it, especially the wheel size. My honda Elite 110 had little wheels.

In my post above, one sentence was supposed to be ...THEY waved the wand and laughed it off.
 
Sorry to hear about your wife's accident and injuries. I broke my left collar bone in a motorcycle accident (slid on wet leaves) back in the late 1960's. I was lucky the surgeon did not pin my collarbone. I was back on my Honda CA95 the following spring!

The scooter look nice, it would be better if you slipped on RLETs to match your CB.
 
Back
Top