Beautiful Other Bikes! Stock

The Triumph Speedmaster for 2024 caught my eye this evening. Want to see this beauty in person.

2ed364d4fcd51f412d1be7b02f66448f.jpg


"Stealth" tanks...for me this raises the bar for what a tank can look like:
2b077dacbb9620ad6071584dd03f77c1.jpg


840f6d1ea0bf88dbf8864510244520a7.jpg


4332e2b299517b4642803ccee778e5ad.jpg


27d8e5a8d9034774e1a3adab86c89393.jpg


The only forward control bike I've had was a 2004 Sportster, so not sure about that at my age, but I sure do appreciate the overall look. Except the dorky looking reflecter handing from the license plate...gotta be kidding me! Wonder how quick those get removed from owners.
 
I agree, pdedse: it’s small and dorky and a long way from anything … except, UK and European number plates are often huge, so maybe when one is fitted, the reflector sits just below it.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I agree, pdedse: it’s small and dorky and a long way from anything … except, UK and European number plates are often huge, so maybe when one is fitted, the reflector sits just below it.
Ah yes, of course...I forgot about the large plates; that makes more sense. In one photo, it looks like the stem is simply bolted on. Would add that to my growing reflector bin.

Cool video going over all their "stealth" colors, offered only for 2024.



I really like these.
88ed5838975a61aa1bc8a8c14db912dd.jpg

5f069081f5120f1858ed285ed1dece52.jpg

24c2b3c49b40384b96dde5d91928680f.jpg

b2dfd4ce9bb60ea36c89958d32a2cbf7.jpg


But I think this orange is my favorite
21a677a3b43434aa96621c44bd5122e1.jpg
 
I have a 2020 Speedmaster scaled down from my Road King Custom, it has forward controls, but the mid controls are available if so desired .
 
Went to a Veteran and Vintage Motorcycle show over the long Bank Holiday Weekend here in Ireland. Contemplated going on the CB1100EX as it would of fitted right in but decided I should go on my 29 Year old Triumph. This is out in the country a bit in a small enough town and run in the local Christian Brothers Boys School. A good little day out.

These few photos focus on Honda branded bikes but there was all sorts there. I was taken how similar the Honda CL360 was to the earlier Triumph.









Made a little video too.






Does the fairing on the CBX1000 look exactly like the one on the CB1100R?
 
Tev62_imp said:
Went to a Veteran and Vintage Motorcycle show over the long Bank Holiday Weekend here in Ireland. Contemplated going on the CB1100EX as it would of fitted right in but decided I should go on my 29 Year old Triumph. This is out in the country a bit in a small enough town and run in the local Christian Brothers Boys School. A good little day out.

These few photos focus on Honda branded bikes but there was all sorts there. I was taken how similar the Honda CL360 was to the earlier Triumph.









Made a little video too.






Does the fairing on the CBX1000 look exactly like the one on the CB1100R?
I may be mistaken, but I believe it is a fairing Honda used on a good many of their early 80s bikes, including the CBX touring version. I bought one of those fairings in dark red and a friend fashioned brackets to fit it on my GS1100 Suzuki. Great fairing and the bike was very comfortable after that. Looked good, too. My friends called it a "Hondauki." Sadly, I have no photos of that bike.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Went to a Veteran and Vintage Motorcycle show over the long Bank Holiday Weekend here in Ireland. Contemplated going on the CB1100EX as it would of fitted right in but decided I should go on my 29 Year old Triumph. This is out in the country a bit in a small enough town and run in the local Christian Brothers Boys School. A good little day out.

These few photos focus on Honda branded bikes but there was all sorts there. I was taken how similar the Honda CL360 was to the earlier Triumph.









Made a little video too.






Does the fairing on the CBX1000 look exactly like the one on the CB1100R?
I may be mistaken, but I believe it is a fairing Honda used on a good many of their early 80s bikes, including the CBX touring version. I bought one of those fairings in dark red and a friend fashioned brackets to fit it on my GS1100 Suzuki. Great fairing and the bike was very comfortable after that. Looked good, too. My friends called it a "Hondauki." Sadly, I have no photos of that bike.
Wut? :huh:
 
Nice! The Morini must be a kick, but I've always been intrigued by the Sport Classic. Is it at all comfortable? Looks like it would be challenging.
 
That is a sweet bike! Had to look up a Morini 3 1/2 and read up on it. Learn something new every day and your mind will never grow old, that's what Grand Dad told me. Thank you for today's lesson.

And glad you'll be getting it back soon, despite some very clever titling gymnastics. I lost a '94 Saturn in my divorce. Didn't fight to get it back... just handed her the payment book and a few oil filters for it that I had in the garage, and wished her luck.
 
Hey, as long as it works out and everyone's friends. I'm just happy that Mrs. G is supportive of my riding. Former Mrs. G once said "If you ever come home with a motorcycle, I'm leaving." Guess I should have bought one and gotten the process moving sooner.
 
Beautiful Italian bike!!

We had this Moto Morini in Europe.
Were these sold in NA market ss well??
 
Some super interesting stories being floated here. Sounds like all goodness in the end.

Gone: SL2? SC2? Perhaps a SW2?? (I am assuming you went for the DOHC).
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Some super interesting stories being floated here. Sounds like all goodness in the end.

Gone: SL2? SC2? Perhaps a SW2?? (I am assuming you went for the DOHC).
Yeah... I went in to buy an SL2, but you know how cheap I am... I could swing the payments easier on an SL1, so I ended up with the 85hp, single cam, single throttle body, crank window, black bumper model. At the time I was an undercover insurance investigator, so I justified the purchase by saying that a more dowdy, non-descript car worked better for my profession than the flashier SL2. In any case, not a car worth fighting over in a divorce.

One of the nice things about their "total ownership experience" was that you could take the car to the dealer, and as long as you showed them a Saturn brand oil filter, they'd let you put on a white lab coat, put your car on a lift, and change your own oil. Of course, I just bought one oil filter, which was white, and kept the box. Bought a bunch of cheaper Frams, painted them white, and each time I needed an oil change, put one in the Saturn box. They'd just take a cursory look when you pulled up, so no problemo.
 
Back
Top