Beautiful Other Bikes! Stock

GoldOxide_imp said:
6b940b5af67647d9cd118082adb3e0db.jpg


35af65df76c21c7af99f220299142a5a.jpg


Like.

The Beemer is something too. The Triumph is just organic.
I didn't care for riding either of them, but I did think they were beautiful for different reasons. The Beemer you can look at and see classic lines like the tank w/ knee indents and hand painted coach lines, seat, grab rail, side covers, fenders, turn signals, upswept pipes, the fork gaiters.... just great lines everywhere.

The Triumph looked like a MOTORcycle, because the motor stood out with air in front and air behind. The gas tank with perfect knee indents with pads and was classically shaped as was the seat. The stainless fenders were really cool, and the bend of the pipes was perfect. In 1967 (pre CB 750) ..this was the bike to have

all my opinion of course
 
lol - yes Ferret. The Triumph is extra special as indeed, the airflow "envelopes" the simple, but artistic lump and motivates the rider forward.
 
When it comes to Triumph, the X-75 Hurricane really does it for me. I remember seeing one at the ripe old age of 12 and thinking that it looked like something from the future. :D

 
j3gq_imp said:
I guess there ain't no cure for me, I looked at all these lovely pictures and came to the conclusion that ... well you guessed it already, I like my CB11 more than all the rest.
Can she be improved? Yes, of course, but that's gonna be hard work . Bring her down to 480 pounds. I remember tod mentioned he was working in this direction, and she lost ... was it 13 kg? But I am all too aware that this won't be coming easy.
I will not be lazy an take it to a scale one of these days, I'm interested to see where it is right now. Don't forget I lost about 13kg myself, my aim is to be under 300kg

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
I didn't think about this part of the "total", ... so I could loose 13 + 13 + a little more. Would help me park the CB11 with more ease, but worth some thinking over Xmas and cookies ;)

@tod, your green CB looks really good, curious ..
what saddle is mounted ?
on what kind of surface are these tires performing well ?
why does it look as if the cylinders are leaning forward, is this just an optical illusion because of the angle the picture is taken from ?
 
j3gq_imp said:
I didn't think about this part of the "total", ... so I could loose 13 + 13 + a little more. Would help me park the CB11 with more ease, but worth some thinking over Xmas and cookies ;)

@tod, your green CB looks really good, curious ..
what saddle is mounted ?
on what kind of surface are these tires performing well ?
why does it look as if the cylinders are leaning forward, is this just an optical illusion because of the angle the picture is taken from ?
Hey j3pg, I'm sorry, must have missed this. Anyways, the seat is custom made by Free Spirit Motorcycles Garage in Dubai, and about the angle of the cylinders, I don't know what to tell you, the engine hasn't been messed with in that aspect, it could be the fact that this is an early model, they came with more rake so that could be creating the illusion. As far as the tires go they did well all around, tarmac and gravel, some shallow sand, but I haven't had the bike for long enough to try it in the wet and to actually wear them out, so can't testify to that

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 

Today my friend in Edam, Holland, Dirk Regter, sent me this picture of his beautifully restored 1936 Army Norton. Dirk has a 1915 Model T Ford which he has driven all over this planet, including Australia, Africa, Mongolia and North and South America. Thought you'd enjoy seeing his motorcycle.
 
So many great bikes, so little time! At one time I had three, but I'm down to just the CB now. That's OK, I wanna buy a boat. I sold my last one several years ago and I want to take my Grandsons fishing and waterskiing on the local lake.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
So many great bikes, so little time! At one time I had three, but I'm down to just the CB now. That's OK, I wanna buy a boat. I sold my last one several years ago and I want to take my Grandsons fishing and waterskiing on the local lake.
Nuttin' wrong having one. At least they know they're Number One. :)
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
So many great bikes, so little time! At one time I had three, but I'm down to just the CB now. That's OK, I wanna buy a boat. I sold my last one several years ago and I want to take my Grandsons fishing and waterskiing on the local lake.
Nuttin' wrong having one. At least they know they're Number One. :)
Nuttin' wrong having one. At least they know they're Number One. :)
They're just like insecure wives or girlfriends, constantly seeking affirmation of your love.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
So many great bikes, so little time! At one time I had three, but I'm down to just the CB now. That's OK, I wanna buy a boat. I sold my last one several years ago and I want to take my Grandsons fishing and waterskiing on the local lake.
Nuttin' wrong having one. At least they know they're Number One. :)
Nuttin' wrong having one. At least they know they're Number One. :)
They're just like insecure wives or girlfriends, constantly seeking affirmation of your love.
lol - And we seem to never provide enough. :biker:
 
Gotta love a bit of anthropomorphism.
 
Back
Top