the Ferret
Road warrior
Do they make power commanders for John Deer's?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Oh Boy, I love it!!! That 10 extra hp is exactly what the V7 needs!!peterbaron_imp said:Oh Boy, I love it!!! That 10 extra hp is exactly what the V7 needs!!tod.branko_imp said:Oh Boy, I love it!!! That 10 extra hp is exactly what the V7 needs!!bioman_imp said:Oh Boy, I love it!!! That 10 extra hp is exactly what the V7 needs!!tod.branko_imp said:I know we all have a soft spot for air-cooled classically styled bikes, so I wanted to share this, it was just today teased on MGs instagram with a caption "the legend continues, stay tuned"
Named "V7 special" It seems to be a V85TT motor in a V7 chassis, and from what I know about V85TT - that power is just right for this new setup, wonder why haven't they done it before! I, for one, love it!![]()
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
(although I am still waiting for a new Guzzi road bike that can replace my aging Griso... :-/)
(although I am still waiting for a new Guzzi road bike that can replace my aging Griso... :-/) There is a solution to your problem. Contact Guzzitech, send them your Grid so and they'll build you a GTM. 1400cc 140+hp naked piece of air-cooled art on wheels
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
(although I am still waiting for a new Guzzi road bike that can replace my aging Griso... :-/) There is a solution to your problem. Contact Guzzitech, send them your Grid so and they'll build you a GTM. 1400cc 140+hp naked piece of air-cooled art on wheels
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Tod, it has a lovely look , how expensive?
...so are we swapping our CBs for that 140 HP Guzzitech..???
![]()
It is on a pricy side, here is a linkYeah, agreed. I really like the looks of that machine. Hmm, ... grunt, snort.j3gq_imp said:Yeah, agreed. I really like the looks of that machine. Hmm, ... grunt, snort.tod.branko_imp said:Yeah, agreed. I really like the looks of that machine. Hmm, ... grunt, snort.GoldOxide_imp said:Yeah, agreed. I really like the looks of that machine. Hmm, ... grunt, snort.tod.branko_imp said:I know we all have a soft spot for air-cooled classically styled bikes, so I wanted to share this, it was just today teased on MGs instagram with a caption "the legend continues, stay tuned"
Named "V7 special" It seems to be a V85TT motor in a V7 chassis, and from what I know about V85TT - that power is just right for this new setup, wonder why haven't they done it before! I, for one, love it!![]()
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Still only 52 hp?
Still only 52 hp? Well no, the 850cc mill in the V85TT hits 79hp, however from the information I found, this one has been tuned down to 63hp for whatever reason, although an extra 100cc will give a little more torque to an already grunty powerplant
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Still only 52 hp? Well no, the 850cc mill in the V85TT hits 79hp, however from the information I found, this one has been tuned down to 63hp for whatever reason, although an extra 100cc will give a little more torque to an already grunty powerplant
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Hi tod,
heck, this is indeed a beautiful bike. Is this a model one can find in a shop these days ? in which country, would you know ? I see V7 Special/s on the market, but not one looks like this photo, not one has more than 52 HP.
I also noticed that this bike really looks great in this color, while the more often seen green or blue are a little less attractive (my opinion).
Thanks for sharing !
@pb, they sell new for about 8-9k in Europe, certainly cheaper in the U.S.
For the life of me I don't understand why the detuning, 79hp would work really well in that chassis.The ferret_imp said:Reduced from 79 hp to 63? Why?
What a shame. Good looking bike.
GoldOxide_imp said:lol - you probably look at a lawn mower and decide how you would uncork it.PowerDubs_imp said:That is a nice looking bike.
Like anything, I am sure it can be uncorked easy enough.![]()
I really enjoyed your post and eclectic collection of motorcycles, Frulk.Frulk_imp said:I like the looks of all 4 bikes I currently own and ride...All are air cooled. That wasn't by design it just worked out that way...
The XR1200 is the unloved stepchild of the Kool Aid drinkers. An attempt by the MoCo to get outside their comfort zone. It failed miserably. A little over 9,000 units were made before they pulled the plug. Too heavy, too slow etc. were some of the complaints from the non-HD crowd. It has its own charm though and is a hoot to ride up the mountains at a respectable, if not superbike pace.
![]()
The Moto Guzzi V7 Racer was almost universally panned by the hard core MG crowd on a site I used to be a member of. Not enough power, too much flash, pretentious. Then there are those number plates and that chrome tank. Those REALLY set off the haters. I bought this on a whim and haven't regretted it yet. Fun bike and like all the others in the garage, it has its own unique riding appeal. In spite of its 39-41 rear wheel horsepower (depending on whose numbers you believe) this bike never fails to make me smile when I'm in the saddle. I still love that chrome tank and when its road days are over (and that may be soon if I get the basement contracted to be finished) it will go on display in the den as an object de art.
![]()
![]()
The Road King. The Barcalounger of the current inventory. A bike I wasn't looking for and never wanted fell into my lap. It's been nothing if not a surprise. I nick-named it the 'Big Easy'. Comfortable like a pair of loafers whether going 10 miles or a 1,000. The feet forward haters are going to hate. Truthfully, the MoCo is responsible for a lot of that since they fostered the pirate lifestyle at the expense of everything else.
![]()
Last, but certainly not least is the vaunted CB1100. A bike that as the mood struck me...I've pressed into commuter service, long distance naked sport tourer and mild canyon carver. Over the years its taken on different looks depending on what role it filled.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
The last pic above is how it currently looks but I might pull the Road Comet off and put the aluminum fly screen back on.

I will own one of these someday. Don't know how, but it will happen.Flynrider_imp said:I've always had a soft spot for the CB400 Super Four. It hasn't changed much in the last 25 years, probably because they got it just right the first time.
![]()
Not really, small display inline 4 engines are a dying breed.Roper_imp said:How can you not love a 400cc bike that has an I4 motor and triple disc brakes? Is there even another motorcycle on the planet with that configuration? One that's currently in production?
I know it is available in Singapore and Indonesia, Japan tooj3gq_imp said:Would anybody know in which countries this CB Super Four was or currently is on the market ? In Austria / Germany the latest CB 400 I can find is from 1999.
That color combo is probably my favorite for a motorcycle. I could stand a bit of nickel-silver on the engine andor exhaust pipes, but that's a smart looking machine.tod.branko_imp said:They are very fun, but my Jade was a 250 with the same 50hp, and it would rev up to 16k, was a proper screamer, oh how much I loved that bike. The CB400 I rode for a while was ok, but missing something for me![]()
![]()
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed