Battery Tender USB under the seat question

Cras_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I went ahead and installed the battery tender harness + the battery tender USB for my iPhone to use as a GPS.

If I leave the phone cable plugged into the USB tucked in the little area under my seat, would it be pretty secure from water during rain? Or do I have to give it additional protection from the rain?
 
Does it have a waterproof cap? If not I would think you'd want to provide additional protection
 
Cras_imp said:
I went ahead and installed the battery tender harness + the battery tender USB for my iPhone to use as a GPS.

If I leave the phone cable plugged into the USB tucked in the little area under my seat, would it be pretty secure from water during rain? Or do I have to give it additional protection from the rain?
Hey Cras,

I have the same setup as what you're talking about. At least I'm assuming you're talking about this:



The question I would ask everyone here is if anyone has had any experience with water/moisture getting into the storage compartment?

I would expect that your USB connector fits the same as mine so there would also be a bit of the metal exposed. Clearly, this is not a water tight connection so if I ultimately decide to keep this a permanent (or even semi-permanent) connection, I will figure out a way to make the connection more water resistant.
 
Back
Top