USB ON HANDLEBAR - connection at battery direct .

Alfgaxatico_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Mount an USB on handlebar. I want to place a USB on the handlebar; and asked ; if I have to lift the fuel tank from the screw next to the battery; a little or should I let go of the gas hose; and the connector. that's a question. the other: the battery to connect the cables; if I disconnect it; Everything returns to normal after reconnecting it or an alarm will go off and I will have to go to a Honda mechanic workshop?


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
 
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
Mount an USB on handlebar. I want to place a USB on the handlebar; and asked ; if I have to lift the fuel tank from the screw next to the battery; a little or should I let go of the gas hose; and the connector. that's a question. the other: the battery to connect the cables; if I disconnect it; Everything returns to normal after reconnecting it or an alarm will go off and I will have to go to a Honda mechanic workshop?


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
You can run your wiring along the underside of the gas tank and attach to your battery terminals. No need to lift the tank. Note that power will always be "on" to the USB unless you have a power on/off switch on your USB.
 
Thread starter
Thanks ; is the Quad lock usb system ; it have a fuse and system “cut” if not have a charge ... I think that the items intelligent (at same Apple) ; not have a current ...
Seamlessly integrate the Motorcycle USB Charger with any Quad Lock Moto Mount (Handlebar, Mirror or Fork Stem) or 1" Ball Adaptor.

The Charger is neatly positioned under the Quad Lock mount head to provide USB power without the need for long charging cables.

The 1.5m SAE connection cable and 20cm SAE to battery ring terminals give you the option to connect directly to your Battery Terminal or existing SAE Port. The charger draws Zero current when not in use so there is no danger of draining your battery.


FAST CHARGING & SURGE PROTECTION

The Quad Lock Motorcycle USB Charger supports Quick Charge 2.0 for Fast Charging. With integrated Surge and Polarity Protection to keep your device safe from human error (also known as wrong installation).
This item is current zero . It have a Diode at integrated circuit for these ..
https://www.quadlockcase.eu/collect...usb-charger-motorcycle?variant=31338888462418
 
Thread starter
Mmmm ... it,s an idea ... but if the item ; is zero current if don,t detect charge (iPhone) ... is good ; but you have a reason.
But .. the Consum will be an 2 Amperes ... into the front. Light ; I don,t know wich current can work .. one light ; 55 W ; and 12 v tension .... (P=V*I) ; then 55W/12 v = 4,5 A ....
could be ... mmmmm
 
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
Mmmm ... it,s an idea ... but if the item ; is zero current if don,t detect charge (iPhone) ... is good ; but you have a reason.
But .. the Consum will be an 2 Amperes ... into the front. Light ; I don,t know wich current can work .. one light ; 55 W ; and 12 v tension .... (P=V*I) ; then 55W/12 v = 4,5 A ....
could be ... mmmmm
No, this is separate from the headlight bulbs, It is an auxiliary power supply for hooking up 12v accessories (up to 10 amps).
Regards
Alain
 
Thread starter
Thanks Alain ; but I don,t know where are the connection .. my bike are 2014 model ; CB 1100 ex ;
Can you give me a idea where are ??
Thanks my friend
 
White Dog_imp said:
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
Mount an USB on handlebar. I want to place a USB on the handlebar; and asked ; if I have to lift the fuel tank from the screw next to the battery; a little or should I let go of the gas hose; and the connector. that's a question. the other: the battery to connect the cables; if I disconnect it; Everything returns to normal after reconnecting it or an alarm will go off and I will have to go to a Honda mechanic workshop?


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
You can run your wiring along the underside of the gas tank and attach to your battery terminals. No need to lift the tank. Note that power will always be "on" to the USB unless you have a power on/off switch on your USB.
Also note: If you happen to have a 12V-to-USB adapter connected and the circuit remains unswitched, the adapter will draw a small amount of open-circuit current from the battery. This is less than ideal.
 
Alf, the 2014 has the free switched connector in the headlight. Someone else can chime in, but I seem to recall it's red and, if the bike is stock, there's nothing connected to it.
 
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
Thanks Alain ; but I don,t know where are the connection .. my bike are 2014 model ; CB 1100 ex ;
Can you give me a idea where are ??
Thanks my friend
The same connector is for 2013 up to 2017 (and later model?)
Please see the 2 links in mentioned (mine) tread above.

the fuse is good for 10 amps which is more than required. plus it is a switched power.

It explain everything you need to know and also where to buy the connector on line. Motorcycle HM .090 Sealed - Connector and Terminals
 
Thread starter
already comment in the thread; that the quad lock system has a no-return circuit; zero consumption if no connected equipment is detected. But ... if it's true that if some bad person plugged into the USB port on my cat one night ... I could charge. that would be bad luck. What I will do is go to the official Honda workshop in my city; and connect me to an electrical point that is activated with the contact ...
 
Thread starter
I have just seen the service manual for the CB1100 2013 and the one after 2013. In the 2013 one, the red connector appears (option 2P red); but in 2014 it does not come out ... can you assure me if in 2014 model ... it exists from now on? (take off the headlight .. but for making sure) thanks
 
It’s there. Shown on the wiring diagram and found by others. Keep looking. It may be taped up.

I just noticed you are in Spain. It is possible that your wiring is slightly different. I know a Moscow member did not have the accessory plug by the battery.
 
Back
Top