Lord Popgun
Road warrior
They show for the ‘14: 2014 Honda | 1100cc CB1100 Motorcycle Batteries
I didn’t look for other years.
I didn’t look for other years.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thanks Ryan. Some really cool and fair value online stores in the U.S. Wish it was more like that in Canada.ryanschillinger_imp said:I’ve also had good experience with batterystuff.com and I’m due for a battery on my 14. I’ll be ordering one before riding season here.
Those are screamin' good prices.Stichill_imp said:LongRanger, it's possible I replaced it prematurely but I'm a big believer in an ounce of prevention. There was an unusual delay as the starter overcame the compression stroke that I wasn't used to. It never failed to crank and start, but that hesitation concerned me enough to just replace the battery rather than find myself needing a jump or transport home.
Check the reviews on the two batteries I linked above. 986 reviewers ranked the BMW application battery a 4.8/5 and 98% would recommend. That's only 2 out of 1000 who would not recommend. 304 reviewers on the Honda application battery gave it 4.8/5 and 99% would recommend. Not bad for $58 and $38 respectively with free shipping.
Absolutely. I figure at these prices, why not just replace preemptively after three years whether the bike “needs” it or not. Inexpensive peace of mind.GoldOxide_imp said:Those are screamin' good prices.Stichill_imp said:LongRanger, it's possible I replaced it prematurely but I'm a big believer in an ounce of prevention. There was an unusual delay as the starter overcame the compression stroke that I wasn't used to. It never failed to crank and start, but that hesitation concerned me enough to just replace the battery rather than find myself needing a jump or transport home.
Check the reviews on the two batteries I linked above. 986 reviewers ranked the BMW application battery a 4.8/5 and 98% would recommend. That's only 2 out of 1000 who would not recommend. 304 reviewers on the Honda application battery gave it 4.8/5 and 99% would recommend. Not bad for $58 and $38 respectively with free shipping.
Your preventative response is warranted. My understanding from m/c AGM cells and UPS batteries is after three years, no matter the quality, the user is on borrowed time - you just don't know how long.
Empirically I find five for UPSs before they dry-up, and for m/c's, basically what you just did - a hunch based on the behaviour of the bike. I have gotten six years, but other times three - especially if the ride is a larger V-twin type with above average vibration. The vibration loosens weak cell corrosion earlier, thus accelerating failure.
Hey Stichill: Each UPS brand/model has varying options, however, most have the option to mute the alarm upon event, and some like the APC brand can be configured via a USB connection to mute the alarm all the time.Stichill_imp said:^ +1 nothing more annoying than a complaining UPS! Observation: why do they beep incessantly when there’s a power outage? I have them all over the house protecting equipment and providing backup runtime. Every time the power fails, a chorus of chirping erupts.
Oh that's good to know. I'll have to spend a rainy day configuring them all to remain muted!GoldOxide_imp said:Hey Stichill: Each UPS brand/model has varying options, however, most have the option to mute the alarm upon event, and some like the APC brand can be configured via a USB connection to mute the alarm all the time.Stichill_imp said:^ +1 nothing more annoying than a complaining UPS! Observation: why do they beep incessantly when there’s a power outage? I have them all over the house protecting equipment and providing backup runtime. Every time the power fails, a chorus of chirping erupts.
Another alternative is to have a single master and high capacity UPS near your fuse/breaker box, however, those are much more expensive and require dedicated home wiring. But I digress.
perfect moment, coming for a visit to test your beer..Houtman_imp said:When our power goes of whit in 5 seconds the whole house generator comes on and my beer stays cold !

Always good to have the right order of priority!Houtman_imp said:When our power goes of whit in 5 seconds the whole house generator comes on and my beer stays cold !
