Base vs Deluxe Dilemma

I love my black 2014 standard.

Black and chrome have always appealed to me, but I've also owned probably 8 black cars in my life time, so that's just the color I like.

The main difference on the Dlx I saw was the ABS, but you don't miss what you've never had ;-)
 
Standards united!! Leaner, meaner, and sexier. ;)

The '14 Standard looks like The Bat-Bike circa-1975...which is to say it looks like a bad mamma-jamma!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
grover_imp said:
Standards united!! Leaner, meaner, and sexier. ;)

The '14 Standard looks like The Bat-Bike circa-1975...which is to say it looks like a bad mamma-jamma!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, it's a Standard for me, not completely by my choice.

<vent>

Dealing with Honda dealers in DFW area has been an exercise in frustration. I haven't bought a bike from a dealership in 10 years so maybe I'm a little rusty, but between plain stupid, un-knowledgeable salesmen or sales managers that just don't seem to care to sell anything, I finally just gave up on my experience trying to get the only Deluxe I could find in the area.

</vent>
 
Dealing with Honda dealers in DFW area has been an exercise in frustration. I haven't bought a bike from a dealership in 10 years so maybe I'm a little rusty, but between plain stupid, un-knowledgeable salesmen or sales managers that just don't seem to care to sell anything, I finally just gave up on my experience trying to get the only Deluxe I could find in the area.

Could not agree more. I never worked so hard to BUY a bike in my life. :@
 
Thread starter
Unfortunately my short tenure here ends... I'm literally at the dealer to write a check for the '14 CB1100, when I see a White VFR800 Deluxe. Let's just say it's now parked in my garage. Still love the CB1100 but couldn't pass up an awesome price and a great color...
 
polbit_imp said:
Unfortunately my short tenure here ends... I'm literally at the dealer to write a check for the '14 CB1100, when I see a White VFR800 Deluxe. Let's just say it's now parked in my garage. Still love the CB1100 but couldn't pass up an awesome price and a great color...
The new VFR800 is a nice bike...they go for about $14,500 CDN in my part of the world...that's a grand and change more than the Canadian CB1100A.

I guess that extra grand went into the Self-Cancelling Turn Signals ;)

If I were a little younger and my body still had some flexi-bendiness left, I might have gone for the VFR800 too. Being such a new model, hopefully you won't have trouble with accessories...maybe some of the items that fit the previous version will still fit.
 
Cant go wrong with a VFR..highly rated. My son is jonesing for one right now.
 
Nice bike. I looked at a 14 model a few days ago at my honda dealer it was white not sure if it was the deluxe or not. I don't remember the price. I had a one a few years back in red. I loved that bike at 7,000 rpms when the other set of valves open up felt like a turbo kicking in. The V4 made by honda is nice and strong :)
 
Seeing as this thread has been hijacked into a VFR thread...

I owned two VFR's, a 1992 750 and a 2001 800. LOVED them both! http://home.ix.netcom.com/~tinkler/VFR.html

However, at the ripe old age of 60 I find that the VFR is too cramped for me. I sold the 800 after I realized I could only take a couple of hours in the saddle before my knees said ENOUGH!

The CB1100 has a more standard situp style that makes my old body happy.

If I were 20 years younger... I'd be all over that new VFR!

TINK
 
Tink I'm with you. The VFR is nice but I'm to old to bend over and ride. Lol. I rode a CB1000r and you sit on it about the same as the CB1100 :) and it will fly
 
Since this thread has already been hijacked...How does the CB compare to the VFR in terms of performance? I've never ridden one. From what I've read the VFR has always had great reviews and the V4 seems like a nice engine. I've only had I4s and singles.
 
Thread starter
The sound when all 4 valves open is truly great. I put 90 miles on it today, and I have to admit I'm feeling my hips a bit but it was the best 90 miles I've done in a long time :) Sorry for hijacking my own thread, but I might just have to make room in the garage for two bikes in the next year or two :) One way or another, I'm sure that a CB1100 will find its way into my house...
Novice_imp said:
Since this thread has already been hijacked...How does the CB compare to the VFR in terms of performance? I've never ridden one. From what I've read the VFR has always had great reviews and the V4 seems like a nice engine. I've only had I4s and singles.
I've only ridden CB1100 once, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but VFR seems to have more urgency at the top, and that sound is something truly different. CB has good, even power throughout the range. I bet straight-line numbers are probably pretty close.

Neither bike can touch the 150HP+ supersports of course, but then it's not really the point here.
 
New Rider magazine came today and they test the new VFR.
 
Thread starter
ValleyCat_imp said:
That white VFR is a beauty. Assuming you shopped for insurance before buying, how much more expensive was the VFR?
Well, Geico was $705 annually for VFR vs $425 for CB1100. Iv'e had State Farm since my first car, and they quoted me $460 and $432, respectively, although State Farm didn't recognize the vin OR the model, so I bet they just went by engine size.

NOTE: This is for Fort Worth, TX, normal coverage.
 
Nice bike, Polbit. Hope you enjoy it. Don't be a stranger till the desire for a CB1100 wins.
 
Read the Rider article today. The Deluxe has a ton of stuff the standard doesn't. Glad you went with the deluxe. The VTEC has been much improved kicking in earlier and smoother, bars are a little higher than previous years, appears to be a real nice motorcycle.
 
Back
Top