Barber Vintage Festival

Barber also has one of the finest motorcycle museums in the world. Absolute must see, not to mention, the track and surrounding grounds are beautifully manicured. Great riding in the hills of that area.
 
redbirds_imp said:
Barber also has one of the finest motorcycle museums in the world. Absolute must see, not to mention, the track and surrounding grounds are beautifully manicured. Great riding in the hills of that area.
Definitely a must see. Beautiful place with motorcycles all over the place. Been several times and will again be at the Vintage Festival this year in October. Hope to see you guys there.
 
The Barber Museum was one of the most impressive museums I have ever visited. Honestly, I am a fan of motorcycles, and there are very few such museums in the world. In 2018, I participated in this festival, in fact it was a gift from my friends, and we had fun together at that festival.
 
Welcome to the forum, Morgan Lee.
 
You're very welcome. Maybe head to the new members section and introduce yourself?
 
Man, I was so close, but so far! A few years ago, the Hot Rod Power Tour went through Birmingham. I was staffing it for my company, so no time to linger. But, all of the locals I spoke with were telling me how cool it is. "Oh, you're a bike guy? You NEED to go, man!"

Killed me to be so close to the museum, but to have to pack up and drive past it on the way out of town. Later, some of the locals I had met sent me pictures of the collection, and it's on my bucket list.
 
Barber is the best! I usually go to the Moto America races every year. Also make it a point to do a few laps on the track , This past year I had intended ( had tickets, and hotel for both the race and vintage week.) but the Covid scared me away. Fingers crossed for next year 2021.
 
To everyone who has not been to Barber, I would put it on your "to do list." For me, I wasn't going to delay it until retirement because things can change in life as they often do. I went during the Vintage Festival weekend and there were so many things to see and do. I especially enjoyed the museum. It offers something for everyone and you can get up close to all the bikes being displayed. Hopefully this year they'll be able to have it on their schedule. Until then, you can check it out on posted Youtube videos. Stay safe and keep riding when you can wherever you live.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I have been to Barbers for many years as a volunteer , nicest place and people you will ever see and meet.
John, is that how you became so nice, or you were born that way...? :D
 
Peter , I have always been very nice ; just some people didn't see it and had to be told over and over again. Even now some people do not get/understand my sense of humor , they must have a mental block and should be on some kind of medication.....
 
Houtman_imp said:
Peter , I have always been very nice ; just some people didn't see it and had to be told over and over again. Even now some people do not get/understand my sense of humor , they must have a mental block and should be on some kind of medication.....
Humans Houtman.

Dang humans. :(
 
Back
Top