Bar End Mirrors

don't think I've seen bar end mounted pointing up before. On my sons FZ we took the bar weights to a machine shop and they machined the endndown to 7/8 inch to bolt the bar ends around. No effect on throttle at all.

[/i]
 
Thread starter
GSAviator_imp said:

When I bought the bar end mirrors, the dealership offered to put them on for me so I had them do it.

I did find this video though that I think might help. This gentleman was able to take his out by using two flat head screwdrivers.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osK_3L8P-Tk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osK_3L8P-Tk

The ferret_imp said:
don't think I've seen bar end mounted pointing up before. On my sons FZ we took the bar weights to a machine shop and they machined the endndown to 7/8 inch to bolt the bar ends around. No effect on throttle at all.

[/i]
These are the Bike Master DC folding mirrors, adjustable and can be pointed up and to the side or even down if you swapped sides.

One of my buddies has a FZ1, he really likes it and is also one of the only ones who doesn't give me crap for not getting a sport bika ha.
 
I love my FZ, not sure if Im going to end up selling it or not...but the CB 11 seems to be filling in for it pretty well, so probably. TRouble is, like a 750 nighthawk, they're just not worth much...$2500-3000 tops.

Should be mentioned if you are just replacing grips ( and not installing bar end mirrors) like I did, there is no need in removing that long tube with the clips etc....just remove the bar ends with a phillips screwdriver and use compressed air to blow off the old grips and on the new grips, then reinstall the bar ends. Takes 5 minutes tops.
 
redReno_imp said:
GSAviator_imp said:

When I bought the bar end mirrors, the dealership offered to put them on for me so I had them do it.

I did find this video though that I think might help. This gentleman was able to take his out by using two flat head screwdrivers.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osK_3L8P-Tk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osK_3L8P-Tk

The ferret_imp said:
don't think I've seen bar end mounted pointing up before. On my sons FZ we took the bar weights to a machine shop and they machined the endndown to 7/8 inch to bolt the bar ends around. No effect on throttle at all.

[/i]
These are the Bike Master DC folding mirrors, adjustable and can be pointed up and to the side or even down if you swapped sides.

One of my buddies has a FZ1, he really likes it and is also one of the only ones who doesn't give me crap for not getting a sport bika ha.

Thanks! I'll try it tomorrow if I get out of jury duty!
 
Thread starter
GSAviator_imp said:
redReno_imp said:
GSAviator_imp said:

When I bought the bar end mirrors, the dealership offered to put them on for me so I had them do it.

I did find this video though that I think might help. This gentleman was able to take his out by using two flat head screwdrivers.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osK_3L8P-Tk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osK_3L8P-Tk

The ferret_imp said:
don't think I've seen bar end mounted pointing up before. On my sons FZ we took the bar weights to a machine shop and they machined the endndown to 7/8 inch to bolt the bar ends around. No effect on throttle at all.

[/i]
These are the Bike Master DC folding mirrors, adjustable and can be pointed up and to the side or even down if you swapped sides.

One of my buddies has a FZ1, he really likes it and is also one of the only ones who doesn't give me crap for not getting a sport bika ha.

Thanks! I'll try it tomorrow if I get out of jury duty!

Just be careful. Even trying to slide it back in sucks, those rubber pieces really do their job.
 
I don't like the Napoleons on the bar ends. I think I'll use them to replace the old worn-looking ones on the Beemer, or return them. But I did get the bar weights out today. (I was the very last juror called after about 500. My agoraphobia was kicking in after 3 hours. Then after another hour wait, was dismissed before even being interviewed.)
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
don't think I've seen bar end mounted pointing up before. On my sons FZ we took the bar weights to a machine shop and they machined the endndown to 7/8 inch to bolt the bar ends around. No effect on throttle at all.

[/i]

I decided to put them back on to see if the problem I had came back... it didn't, also I enjoyed the look with them on the side more, but I find them more useful pointed up. I will be going back to the stock mirrors, they've grown on me. :blush:

[url=http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/red_VIII/media/bem_zpsecff021b.jpg.html]
 
I decided to put them back on to see if the problem I had came back... it didn't, also I enjoyed the look with them on the side more, but I find them more useful pointed up. I will be going back to the stock mirrors, they've grown on me. :blush:


[/QUOTE]

Those do make the bike look sportier
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I decided to put them back on to see if the problem I had came back... it didn't, also I enjoyed the look with them on the side more, but I find them more useful pointed up. I will be going back to the stock mirrors, they've grown on me. :blush:




Those do make the bike look sportier
[/QUOTE]
...maybe I'll keep them on until I am able to sell them... Or just keep them on for good haha
Actually, I'll probably won't go back to the stock mirrors until I get a windshield
 
What is the little black bag for ? Too small for luggage.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
What is the little black bag for ? Too small for luggage.
Some of you might find this funny or completely unnecessary ha, but that little bag came with my McCuff,

No Spill Motorcycle Gas Fill Solutions

it's to used top off your tank when you fill up. I'm not sure about other states but most pumps here in Cali have a rubber boots on the nozzle that needs to be compressed in order to pour gas in your tank, makes it a pain in the butt trying to top off. With the McCuff it's easy to top off the first try without worrying of over filling or scratching the inside of your tank.

I also keep an allen wrench in there incase the mirrors come loose
 
Huh, we dont have those kind of gas nozzels in Ohio that I have seen.
 
CA has a bunch of stuff that is nowhere else in the country/world. Somehow the CARB Nazis here seem to know what's best for us better than anyone else in the country/world.
 
Back
Top