Avoiding Corona Virus

Anyone who has ever passed a bat colony will know that can’t be true!
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
PB: Let's hope she is negative. If not, then you will be presumptive.

I know people waiting for their test results in the next day or so.

= = =

This global ordeal will be a wake-up call for all humanity regarding our animal behaviour, level of greed, hubris, and how fragile our entire modern eco-system really is.
After 8 days the results are in: negative =:excited::celebrate::banana:
 
That’s great news, Peter!

The hospital near me must have just started testing. They set up a large tent in the parking lot but it has been empty. Yesterday evening, coming home from checking in on my mom and my in-laws, that tent was bustling with people in lab coats and masks.
 
Thread starter
Good news PB.

I don't think you are supposed to be tested unless you are showing strong symptoms. They showed a line of cars (must have been 100 cars) on TV last night waiting to be tested and I thought OMG ALL those people have strong symptoms?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Good news PB.

I don't think you are supposed to be tested unless you are showing strong symptoms. They showed a line of cars (must have been 100 cars) on TV last night waiting to be tested and I thought OMG ALL those people have strong symptoms?
:thumbsup:, you have to read post #18, to see why she had to be tested
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Good news PB.

I don't think you are supposed to be tested unless you are showing strong symptoms. They showed a line of cars (must have been 100 cars) on TV last night waiting to be tested and I thought OMG ALL those people have strong symptoms?
:thumbsup:, you have to read post #18, to see why she had to be tested
:thumbsup:, you have to read post #18, to see why she had to be tested
No I know why SHE was tested. My second, unconnected to the "Good News PB" sentence was a general statement about what I saw on TV.
 
The ferret_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Good news PB.

I don't think you are supposed to be tested unless you are showing strong symptoms. They showed a line of cars (must have been 100 cars) on TV last night waiting to be tested and I thought OMG ALL those people have strong symptoms?
:thumbsup:, you have to read post #18, to see why she had to be tested
:thumbsup:, you have to read post #18, to see why she had to be tested
No I know why SHE was tested. My second, unconnected to the "Good News PB" sentence was a general statement about what I saw on TV.
:thumbsup:, you have to read post #18, to see why she had to be tested
No I know why SHE was tested. My second, unconnected to the "Good News PB" sentence was a general statement about what I saw on TV.
OK..
...where is GO , vanished???
 
Thread starter
Yea I don't know. Sent him a PM, but it's been 2 days since he logged on..
 
The ferret_imp said:
Yea I don't know. Sent him a PM, but it's been 2 days since he logged on..
I did exactly the same 2 days...no answer so far. Very strange as far as GO activity is concerned ??
 
Thread starter
he didnt list an email, so our hands are tied until he checks back in.
 
Thread starter
GO is Goldoxide
 
I always wondered, if something happens to any of us and our wives or significant other doesn't know of this forum...how would we know other than they just stop posting?
 
Thread starter
if they attended a rally we might have an emergency contact. if they became close enough with someone on the forum, that person might have a contact number. if they log on but dont post, the mods will know. other than that we have no idea.

I contact people every once in a while that have been MIA to see if everything is ok. The last one was 4Paws I believe.
 
If we are tested positive, but without severe difficulties, I believe we will still be home quarantine only right?? the Figures are getting high i don't think any government can contain all the infected patients in 1 location.
 
Thread starter
thhats what I understand. if your symptons become bad, you need to contact your doctor who will prescribe testing for the disease. At least thats the way I read it.
 
(I see my post has been moved. Sorry I didn't notice that there was already a thread on this topic)

Hi:

I am sorry if this is not a topic for this forum and I hope it doesn't steer towards a political discussion, but I think it is very important. I was posting somthing like this in another forum, and I thought it can be useful if I also share it here:


---

Guys: stay at home if you can, and only go out if you have to.

I am telling you: in Spain we thought we had a quite good health system. Now it is collapsed, with people needing to be in hospital being told to go back home, just because there are no beds for everyone. In hospital there are only so many respirators, so they have to choose to which person asign it to: if you have previous diseases, or you are old, probably the respirator will go to someone considered to have a higher chance of surviving. People at the hospital is already working overtime, and they are getting infected too, so manpower is decreasing and situation is worsening quite fast.

The risk of this virus is the expansion rate more than it's severity. Only a small percentage need intensive care, but that small proportion of a huge population is already too big for the ammount of beds available in intensive care. Even the morgues are collapsed. This is no joke!

In addition: if someone needs to give birth, or requires an appendectomy, or has a broken bone, or needs a few stitches due to a stupid bicycle crash... it's going to be tough to find any attention at the hospital.

Stay at home, for your own sake, but also for others'.
 
Back
Top