Aussieflyer's Cafe Racer - part 5

Wow! That looks great :excited:

PS, I'll PM you my address and you can send me your old mag wheels... :D :P
 
What a beautiful bike! Thanks for sharing! So, do you have a matching set of stripes on your helmet?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
I love the look. Spokes were very badly needed to get the proper look. Mags may be best but spokes speak to my heart.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
That's an amazing reimagining of the CB1100. Well done, man!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
very very very cool!!

I'm also curious to see how that tubless conversion kit holds up in time...I'm planning to get them too for my OEM spoke wheels...

4 hours to install....daaaamn!
 
Great looking bike, Aussieflyer. You have a good eye for harmony and proportion and you pulled this off beautifully!
 
I wouldn't want spokes again—I'm too lazy to clean them properly—but that bike is just glorious. You'd better ride it out to PI in October and say g'day.
 
Thread starter
Thank you guys for the compliments, I am really happy with the outcome. :thanks:
A quick response to:
4-Paws - you bet! In fact beer has been the third member of the project team. :beerchug:
Retsel - nope, no stripes on my lid.
Riko - after 4 weeks there is no loss of tyre pressure, so far this product seems to work well. :biker:
 
While that bike would not suit me personally, I certainly tip my cap to all of the time and effort that went into it. The attention to detail is fantastic. Well done sir - that is one fine build. Enjoy!!!
 
Thread starter
I had to change that troublesome 4 into 1 pipe which hung too low on the right hand side ... so now there is a new 4 into 2 system.

The PipeMasters custom headers run into a set of 2 into 1 collectors that are connected with a balance pipe before feeding a pair of reverse cone megaphone mufflers.

No more scraping on right hand corners and plenty of music from the throttle provides a good dose of that 'new exhaust motivation' to get me out and about on the bike even though the weather is getting bit too cold for a 'fair weather rider' like me.



[url=http://s121.photobucket.com/user/aussieflyer1100/media/IMG_0379_zpsqxwfdcr1.jpg.html]

[url=http://s121.photobucket.com/user/aussieflyer1100/media/IMG_0384_zpsmc9gdvrz.jpg.html]

[url=http://s121.photobucket.com/user/aussieflyer1100/media/Front_zpsta6mzlkv.jpg.html]

[url=http://s121.photobucket.com/user/aussieflyer1100/media/Rear3_zpsbnefr3rm.jpg.html]

[url=http://s121.photobucket.com/user/aussieflyer1100/media/LHS_zpsbszxm3rn.jpg.html]
 
Back
Top