ATLAS Cruise

Thread starter
Not good looking for sure, but one click to lock/unlock it is very convenient...my interest is sliding down after inspecting CB's throttle grip set up...
 
Sounds like you are doing your homework. Universal functionally seems to be Atlas's strength. Consistent device performance over time has always been a concern with devices like these. Of this style of device approach, maybe Atlas's implementation is better than most?
 
Thread starter
It would be better application if CB had a rigid plastic slip ring between switch housing and rubber grip collar...
Not typical cruise that acts accordingly when going up/down hill, would say is a throttle's mechanical lock. That's it. Amen.
 
I wish MCCruise had a kit for our bike cause I’m loving the one I put on the ST1300.
 
Thread starter
This ^ one seems to have an inline electric servo that operates throttle cable, correct??
 
What a pleasure an electronic cruise control would be. The simple throttle lock works well for scratching your nose, but isn't much use for sustained riding. Using one makes you realise how sophisticated and effective human control is and how well many electronic controls have been able to emulate it.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
This ^ one seems to have an inline electric servo that operates throttle cable, correct??
That is correct. Is a very nice system with customer support second to none. Was a little fiddly to get adjusted, but once done it is awesome!
 
Cormanus_imp said:
What a pleasure an electronic cruise control would be. The simple throttle lock works well for scratching your nose, but isn't much use for sustained riding. Using one makes you realise how sophisticated and effective human control is and how well many electronic controls have been able to emulate it.
Human control is an amazing thing.

Would shipping a human controller with the throttle be another option? :)
 
I was given the Atlas top kit for my birthday to use on my Buell XB...just before I bought the 2013 CB1100. I put it on the CB without issue, and even with my limited seat time to use it, it has been great. It looks big but I actually forget it is there when I'm not using it. It holds just tight enough not to slip, but loose enough to allow easy tweaks to the set position. It's expensive for sure but it has to be the best of available throttle locks out there.
 
Thanks for that info, yugo42. Welcome to the forum. Why not pop over to the new members’ section to introduce yourself?
 
Thread starter
Thanks for your feedback Yugo24.
Did you get top or bottom kit?
Could you please provide pics in full/R end turn, so I can see clearance between tank & bar/R-switch, while throttle lock is mounted. I have larger, 16.8 L OEM tank, that has less clearance.
Any problem placing pics, see Max link:
posting pictures with imgur in 2018
:beerchug:
 
yugo42_imp said:
I was given the Atlas top kit for my birthday to use on my Buell XB...just before I bought the 2013 CB1100. I put it on the CB without issue, and even with my limited seat time to use it, it has been great. It looks big but I actually forget it is there when I'm not using it. It holds just tight enough not to slip, but loose enough to allow easy tweaks to the set position. It's expensive for sure but it has to be the best of available throttle locks out there.
 
yugo42_imp said:
I was given the Atlas top kit for my birthday to use on my Buell XB...just before I bought the 2013 CB1100. I put it on the CB without issue, and even with my limited seat time to use it, it has been great. It looks big but I actually forget it is there when I'm not using it. It holds just tight enough not to slip, but loose enough to allow easy tweaks to the set position. It's expensive for sure but it has to be the best of available throttle locks out there.
Great feedback Yugo - and what a nice entry into the Forum!
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
yugo42_imp said:
I was given the Atlas top kit for my birthday to use on my Buell XB...just before I bought the 2013 CB1100. I put it on the CB without issue, and even with my limited seat time to use it, it has been great. It looks big but I actually forget it is there when I'm not using it. It holds just tight enough not to slip, but loose enough to allow easy tweaks to the set position. It's expensive for sure but it has to be the best of available throttle locks out there.
it is written like the X Commandments = I must be getting older every day....TY
 
I have a huge issue with them calling it a "cruise control", when it's nothing of the sort. In fact, I got in a heated argument with a sales rep once. He continually stated that while it's not a cruise control in conventional sense, it sorta kinda maybe be viewed as such because it has one of its functions. :rolleyes: It's an on/off throttle lock, stop cluttering my search query when I'm looking for a genuine product, buttholes.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Agreed: Throttle lock is correct.

How did you get away with "a**holes"? :)
Lol cause I didnt see it until now.
 
Back
Top