April is in the books

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
For April

30 of 30 days ridden ... 1585 on ST ... 840 on CB .... 2,425 miles total

For year

103 of 120 days ridden ... 5364 on ST ... 1751 on CB .... 7,115 total


:biker: Ride on!
 
Here too. I woulda if I coulda, but with winter conditions that typically start in October and extend into May, it's impossible. When I lived in San Diego, 20k-mile years were the norm. Not here, no way.
 
:biker:


Go Ferret!
 
The ferret_imp said:
For April

30 of 30 days ridden ... 1585 on ST ... 840 on CB .... 2,425 miles total

For year

103 of 120 days ridden ... 5364 on ST ... 1751 on CB .... 7,115 total


:biker: Ride on!
Hello Mickey, haven't been on in awhile. Good to see you're still racking up the miles! With all the rain we've had so far this spring, getting a ride in every day is no small feat. Take care, maybe I'll run into you down on rt 52 one day.
 
From April 1st to 30th, 1 ride of 215 miles.
Today it is raining steadily and only 45F.
The long term forecast for May is cold and rainy.

After a mild winter it is not unusual for May and June to be colder than normal.
I will have to pick my riding days carefully and dress accordingly.
 
Thread starter
should be pretty smooth sailing from here on out until Dec 31
 
I was thinking I was doing pretty good this year. Until I read this... I won't post my numbers. Too embarrassing. Ride on Ferret!!
 
Great job Ferret!

As usual, you beat me by a bunch, lol.

533 miles on the CB and 1217 on the ST for a total of 1750 miles.
 
For me I'd say 18/30 days for 2648 miles. All CB baby. The days are just an estimate, but I really did log almost over 4000km this month. So far May is 0/2 but I may ride tonight, definitely tomorrow. So much rain here lately.
 
Ride on, bigsheep. :biker:
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Here too. I woulda if I coulda, but with winter conditions that typically start in October and extend into May, it's impossible. When I lived in San Diego, 20k-mile years were the norm. Not here, no way.
Same here, I lived in San Diego 81-91. Now in S.E. Idaho and man what a change; snows 8-9 months a year.
 
Thread starter
You guys that live in those horrid cold climes must really be chomping at the bit when the weather is good enough to ride.

I'm 12 days and 1200 miles ahead of 2016 which was a pretty good year (a little over 25,000 miles and 323 days riding)

We had rain last night and simply horrible winds today. Managed to get in 162 miles on my CB, plus some miles test riding a dealers bike.

Thursday I leave for an ST dealie in Indiana and it's supposed to be cool and rain every day uggg. Oh well, it's only water.
 
Ask InHouse Bob about water!
 
I drove to my Honda dealer today .... in my Impala. It was cold, raining and windy.

When I came back there was a Redwing Blackbird pushed against the garage door trying to get out of the weather. It didn't move when I opened the garage, so I left the car out. As I went up to it, it moved a little farther into the garage where it was dry, and made no attempt to flee or fly. I left the garage door open and went in the house.

A few hours later when the weather had improved I went back to the garage. The blackbird was not on the floor. But just to be sure I checked the garage, as we have a large male Persian cat that likes to sleep on my workbench there. I found it between two storage bins on the top shelf of a bay of shelving. It made no effort to escape and did no cry when I picked it up. But since it had made it to the top of the shelf, I was pretty sure it could fly. Took it outside and gently tossed it in the air. It immediately took flight and disappeared around the front of the house. I guess even the birds are getting fed up with the cold and damp.

But every cloud has a silver lining. The Powersports Canada manager said my 2017 CB1100 EX is in a roadrailer heading east from Vancouver. They cannot ensure it will be here next Monday for my 71st birthday, but expect delivery no later than mid-May. I guess it's time to start some serious negotiating on the purchase price and trade-in, and get the paper work done.
 
How exciting is that, Nortoon? :beerchug:
 
Back
Top