emptysea
Road warrior
Thread starter
Today we took a ride to an apple orchard and winery/distillery in southeast Wisconsin. We have taken this ride a few times over the past few years and I believe I have written about it here. This was a little different because one of our riding friends, Linda, would be leading her first (I think) group ride. The group was small; just Linda, her fiancé Scott, Cheryl, and myself. She designed a very nice route for us that included breakfast at Manny's Snack Shack in Twin Lakes (highly recommend this place, by the way), and a meandering route on the roads of Walworth, Jefferson, and Kenosha counties. Total distance was about 175 miles and we were back home mid-afternoon. The weather was absolutely perfect; sunny and about 75 degrees. That is not typical of this area at this time of year. Oh, and by the way, the Moto-Skiveez "adventure underwear" worked great. I will reserve a full report on that for after I do our fall color ride in mid-October.
Great ride with great people to a great destination on a great day....and I forgot my camera. So, here is the only picture I have from the ride and, in the end, maybe it's really the only picture needed.
Great ride with great people to a great destination on a great day....and I forgot my camera. So, here is the only picture I have from the ride and, in the end, maybe it's really the only picture needed.
