anyones nuts turning bronze color

just the thread title every moderator wants to read lol

J/k Steve. I think there have been 1 or 2 cases of it reported.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
just the thread title every moderator wants to read lol

J/k Steve. I think there have been 1 or 2 cases of it reported.
Sorry Micky, I couldn't help myself I am in a giddy mood and I was laughing so hard at myself I could hardly type, but I actually did wonder if others have seen this..
use2b_imp said:
just sagging a little
sagging normal, turning bronze could be big trouble:rofl:
 
Mine are working on getting there. I thought they just needed cleaning and now I'm going to maybe try. OTOH, I like the look...hummm
 
ss2wheels_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
just the thread title every moderator wants to read lol

J/k Steve. I think there have been 1 or 2 cases of it reported.
Sorry Micky, I couldn't help myself I am in a giddy mood and I was laughing so hard at myself I could hardly type, but I actually did wonder if others have seen this..
use2b_imp said:
just sagging a little
sagging normal, turning bronze could be big trouble:rofl:
Sorry Micky, I couldn't help myself I am in a giddy mood and I was laughing so hard at myself I could hardly type, but I actually did wonder if others have seen this..

No problemo Stevo... I laughed when I read it . Love catchy thread titles like that.
 
Yeah, my left nut has turned bronze. Actually, it's the "reed valve cover," or something like that, which is situated atop the valve cover on the exhaust side. And I though only two-strokes had reed valves...
 
Mine are. I think they're clear coated from the factory and the coating is finally wearing off. Doesn't seem to really affect them and they don't rust.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Yeah, my left nut has turned bronze. Actually, it's the "reed valve cover," or something like that, which is situated atop the valve cover on the exhaust side. And I though only two-strokes had reed valves...
Ouch!
 
aschem_imp said:
This thread is going to totally drift to you know where...
Yep = riding 365 days a year , most days in shorts on a naked air cooled bike is just more than some people can understand .
besides what the heck does " winterizing mean " a wind breaker ?
 
In all seriousness, I have not noticed any nut discoloration so far. However, I have noticed that they get very very hot after a long day of riding.
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
In all seriousness, I have not noticed any nut discoloration so far. However, I have noticed that they get very very hot after a long day of riding.
In all seriousness:rofl:
 
I have the beginnings of this problem. My doctor just says to stop whining and ride the durn bike.
 
Back
Top