Anyone wearing Cortech leather gloves?

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
I'm spending some Christmas money on a few new pairs of gloves.

A local shop is running a very good sale on Cortech leather gloves. They are classic "cafe" styles, some with more protection than others, and they have fun names like "The Bully", "The Associate", "The Slacker", etc.

They are all made from soft goatskin, and trying a few pairs on, a few were very comfortable on me. I picked up a pair of "Associate" gloves, and might go back for "The Bully", which offers some impressive protection measures.

Looking at reviews, Cortech gloves are all over the place. I'm curious if anyone here is wearing this brand, and how do they hold up?
 
These are the best-worst XXX I have ever had (Typical reviews of "anything")

Not Cortech leather, but Cortech textile. Good gloves. I also have a Cortech textile jacket and Cortech tank and tail bags as well.
 
Thread starter
Best Worst? I have Cortech pants and have had a textile jacket in the past, and they have held up well. Just wondering how their leather gloves do. Interesting, many reviews say that left/right sizes can vary, and in the pair I just bought, the left is a bit tighter, but not enough to be uncomfortable. I imagine they'll break in and not be an issue.
 
Yea you read reviews and half of them will say" these are the best gloves I have ever bought"

the other half says "these are the worst gloves I have ever had"

I call typical reviews .....Best/Worsts
 
Thread starter
Ahhh, gotcha. Yeah, reviews can be sort of random, which is why I'm asking you folks!
 
Wish I could be of more help. Only know that I would trust a Cortech product.

As far as 1 hand glove size being a different size than the other hand that's weird, but I understand most peoples hands are not the same size (but expect that a manufactured would make each side glove the same size.)

I know my left and right shoes fit differently. The left being slightly larger than my right.

In reviews I have seen where people complain about Tourmaster zippers. I have had multiple jackets and pants from Tourmaster that last 10 years or more with the zippers used almost everyday and so far knock on wood no zipper issues for me.
 
Thread starter
Well, figured since the local shop was having a killer sale (30% off), I grabbed a pair of "Bully" gloves at lunch. They're pretty classically styled, but have a nice knuckle guard and a good palm reinforcement. I figure if I can get a few years out of each pair, I'm money ahead.

I have paddles for hands, with fat palms and short fingers, so buying gloves from a brick-and-mortar shop is usually a much safer bet than online.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Well, figured since the local shop was having a killer sale (30% off), I grabbed a pair of "Bully" gloves at lunch. They're pretty classically styled, but have a nice knuckle guard and a good palm reinforcement. I figure if I can get a few years out of each pair, I'm money ahead.

I have paddles for hands, with fat palms and short fingers, so buying gloves from a brick-and-mortar shop is usually a much safer bet than online.
Agreed.
 
Thread starter
Thanks, Cormanus. I have some mesh Scorpion gloves for the warmer months. The Cortechs are for the milder months. It stopped raining last night, and the roads are dried up to the point that the brand new potholes will be easy to spot, so I'll test 'em out tomorrow on the commute.
 
Thread starter
Yeah, I relegated my old Bilt winter gloves to rare trips to the snow quite a while back. I have some insulated Joe Rocket gloves on the way with my Christmas money bonanaza.

It was 47 degrees when I left the house this morning, and while the new Cortech Bully gloves are by no means for cold weather use, I wore them for the commute. They were comfy, and my hands weren't too frozen when I got to the office.
 
Back
Top