Anyone wax their bike?

Thread starter
I was between the Mothers and the Nu finish at autozone and went with the mothers cause I think im gonna do my car too so I got more quantity with the can.

I had this maguires ceramic detailer around before for quick wipe downs after I wash her with S100 products (the motorcycle S100 cleaning kit is awesome) they have a spray for our black cooling fins to keep them fresh and clean also.

I didnt use the ceramic coating on her yet the photos are just 2 coats of the mothers carnauba.

Its raining today so with the dampness the mothers took about 8 minutes to dry instead of the usual 3.


I didnt wash the entire bike down because its raining so I washed/dried the important parts and waxed those.

She's literally like a mirror now you can see if you zoom around in the photo.

Mainly I wanted to add some protection to the paint and chrome as mentioned above. The looks are just a plus. Even the headlight and new fairing came out very nice and crystal clear! I also had quite a bit of scratches in the shape of the seat horn on my tank that you could see when you took the seat off.

I used Scratch X on that and washed it off before I waxed and there is almost nothing there now. (I'll post a pic)
96c50c15593c3d8f1f22e17bf94b3fcb.jpg
3e6dad5764aab6be60d89a9b2f197ca5.jpg
c2f3127ca0b713186bf6c143df1330d7.jpg
225751aa40bf43031cfa85c9c487592f.jpg
be78391e8c89c19666621aafbc645684.jpg
3f4f516184c5df610ef12659e2ff1022.jpg
f2ca66100573d2187fd8fd13c54316ee.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
ride4now_imp said:
I use Meguiars products on all of my bikes and cars.
The liguid Cleaner/Wax is easily applied, and does wonders
on chrome and paint. And it lasts quite a while too.
I used it and their other products for years. Good stuff.
I use Mequiars Quick Detailer mist with a soft cotton cloth. Amazing shine in minutes.
 
Thread starter
Another huge plus i didnt think of is the wax makes it easier to clean of the road grime and bugs. So now any bugs hitting my fairing, headlight, mirrors will clean off much easier without scratching the actual surface.

1 more reason to hit it with wax every so often I suppose. Since I'm bored ill wax my helmets for that very reason now. (There's always a giant bee ready to ruin my helmet/lens right after I clean it lol)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Wow .... I have never waxed a helmet in 56 years of riding. lol
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Wow .... I have never waxed a helmet in 56 years of riding. lol
3ad680e1e1939b4a586792a4d3ed2b65.png
bb5c04e3c81a5201f2e301e1ff135277.png
I never thought too until I just read how much easier bugs come off on another forum

I cant ride due to health right now so these projects on the bike have kept me focused and gives me something to do when I'm able to :)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
I buy a gallon of this stuff about once a year. It'll be enough for both bikes, both cars, helmets, and the top of my stove. Goes on like water and wipes right off, leaves a really shiny finish.
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
I buy a gallon of this stuff about once a year. It'll be enough for both bikes, both cars, helmets, and the top of my stove. Goes on like water and wipes right off, leaves a really shiny finish.
That looks like a good bang for the buck, can you use that with a sprayer like a wash n wax or you just apply it like a liquid wax?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
82aaad3b4ed7c601200fcdc28af3dd70.jpg
 
The ferret_imp said:
Wow .... I have never waxed a helmet in 56 years of riding. lol
Says the guy who has never washed a motorcycle in 56 years of riding :P
 
(this is feelin' like an oil thread)

I like it. I like shiny things, heck I even wax the tool box during the winter. I have used Mother’s & Meguiars, happy with both. Just hit the buy now button for some of that Nanoskin, sounds easy and I like easy.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
(this is feelin' like an oil thread)




Rotella T6 5W40 for the CB1100. Smooth as butter.
9ab05ff5b80bd0c79510a480316143d8.png
62a9bc01f98fd5bd804be4a8f7f03001.png
f38a6ed48d9caa254974de11e3dd606f.png
what have I done !

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
gmike_imp said:
(this is feelin' like an oil thread)

I like it. I like shiny things, heck I even wax the tool box during the winter. I have used Mother’s & Meguiars, happy with both. Just hit the buy now button for some of that Nanoskin, sounds easy and I like easy.
Let me know how you like it

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Wow .... I have never waxed a helmet in 56 years of riding. lol
Says the guy who has never washed a motorcycle in 56 years of riding :P
Says the guy who has never washed a motorcycle in 56 years of riding :P
:rofl:

It got a small rain bath just yesterday
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Wow .... I have never waxed a helmet in 56 years of riding. lol
Says the guy who has never washed a motorcycle in 56 years of riding :P
Says the guy who has never washed a motorcycle in 56 years of riding :P
:rofl:

It got a small rain bath just yesterday
And that's enough, isn't it, Ferret? Would be for me.
 
Oh, c'mon, oil threads are fun! mvk24, to answer your question, yes, you can spray the Nanoskin stuff. I fill a spray bottle from the gallon jug as needed and use it on everything. For the cars, after a wash, I spray it on as I dry to kill two birds with one stone. On the bikes, I use it as a detail spray and go over the bikes with it regularly, and to clean up gas dribbles when I'm careless refueling. In fact, I can't remember the last time either of my bikes got a wet wash. For the helmets, whenever I get a bug splat, I just mist the helmet with this spray and wipe off. The slick finish makes bugs and debris easier to wipe off, and if I get caught riding in heavy fog or drizzle, it's like RainX.

Working around people who collect and take care of cars, I'm exposed to a lot of advice about detailing, and periodically get to attend seminars and presentations conducted by detailers. In recent years, many have said that they have moved away from traditional liquid and paste waxes that need to dry and then be buffed off for normal paint maintenance, and that the current crop of higher-end spray-on, wipe-off polymer and ceramic products provide just as much, if not better protection.

Being a detail nut myself, I certainly don't mind using products that make the work quick and easy. And, I tend to agree. No wax or detail product is going to stop a rock chip or a scuff mark. I've got plenty of specialty products for removing imperfections and polishing out scuffs, but for regular maintenance, spray and wipe is my way to go.
 
Back
Top