milkmaster_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Anyone using the Kaoko throttle lock on their CB1100? If so, care to share your positives and negative experiences?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The Kaoko is a little pricey, looks well done. THXGoldOxide_imp said:I didn't use one on the Honda CB1100, but I am on the Honda CRF1000.
For a throttle lock, its greatest strength is its ability to regulate throttle response. That is, if you are going over rough roads and your throttle arm/wrist is bouncing around, it can smooth out the control.
As for a lock, it works well. I feel it is reliable. It is also well-crafted and blends in very nicely with the design of the bike.
= = =
On the other hand, it is no substitute for proper cruise control. However, it was not meant to be. In addition, it takes a bit to get used to. It might be one of those farkles either you like or dislike.
O that sounds better than the cheap palm press style ones. Whenever I'd hit a bump I'd "blip" the throttle. Didn't like that at all and stopped using it by the end of the first day of a trip I got it for.GoldOxide_imp said:The basic function is turn the ring to stiffen or lock the throttle from turning. It causes the shaft to "expand" creating a friction surface inside the handlebar that impedes throttle rotation.
Undo the turning to loosen or unlock the throttle to resume normal freeform throttle behaviour.
mine would just unscrew and not hold anythingGoldOxide_imp said:The basic function is turn the ring to stiffen or lock the throttle from turning. It causes the shaft to "expand" creating a friction surface inside the handlebar that impedes throttle rotation.
Undo the turning to loosen or unlock the throttle to resume normal freeform throttle behaviour.
mine would just unscrew and not hold anything Thank sounds ****ty, not the kind of thing you can use locktite in either I suppose.1973cb750_imp said:mine would just unscrew and not hold anythingGoldOxide_imp said:The basic function is turn the ring to stiffen or lock the throttle from turning. It causes the shaft to "expand" creating a friction surface inside the handlebar that impedes throttle rotation.
Undo the turning to loosen or unlock the throttle to resume normal freeform throttle behaviour.
Thats good to know, the knock off one on aliexpress had a version with a bolt that looked like it would screw into the handlebar inserts like the stock weights do.GoldOxide_imp said:During installation, at least on my Kaoka model, the device would "clip into" something on the inside of the handlebar. It was necessary to get that right.
In addition, the weight of the Kaoka device was designed to be an equivalent bar weight. There has been no vibration issues. I am unsure if all models perform similarly, but I reckon Kaoko would try to get consistent behaviour for all supported bike models.
Awesome it comes with an M6x60, you would just disregard the expandable coupler.peterbaron_imp said:M6x65
Me Too!Cormanus_imp said:I’d be interested in a report on the knock-off if anyone gets one.