Anyone recommend s a top case for the 13' OEM rear Carrier?

iamlegend21087_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I have a Honda top box but between having the wrong rear carrier and getting the key set up it's been sitting in a box for 2 years. What's your favorite top box that works with the 2013 Honda Rack and preferably has a back rest pad?


Also who wants to buy an OEM red Case top case haha.
 
+1 for a Givi Monokey plate.

If you purchase the E251 Universal Mounting Plate, it comes with brackets that can be configured to fit any type of rack. I love their setup, since I can just unclick the box when I get to work and carry it in like a briefcase. I've got a few boxes depending on what I need to carry, so I'm not lugging around a big case when I'm just taking lunch to work.

I've got the Givi brand rack, only because I couldn't find a Honda rack when I bought my bike and didn't want to hunt for one.

**Hard to tell from the photos, but the box on the right is my "small" one, an E36, which is very low-key, and doesn't feature Givi's signature fake "taillights" that don't really serve any function. They're not even reflectors. The box on the left is the "big" one, a V47, which is larger and can hold enough for a multi-day ride. I've added some subtle touches - the V47 features Scotchlite reflective tape under the red lenses so they are actual reflectors now. The E36 has a band of black Scotchlite tape around the circumfrence. I also added a narrow LED brake light strip to the back of the E251 plate. Not visible until it lights up.
 
My '13 came with a Givi topbox. I don't especilly like it sitting up there, but it is handy. I used to run a set of soft Cortech bags, but I put those on the Suzi when I got it. It also had a topbox that I didn't like. I prefer bags to topboxes.
 
iamlegend21087_imp said:
I have a Honda top box but between having the wrong rear carrier and getting the key set up it's been sitting in a box for 2 years. What's your favorite top box that works with the 2013 Honda Rack and preferably has a back rest pad?


Also who wants to buy an OEM red Case top case haha.
I am in a similar situation. Did you ever get a solution to this problem? Today I took my lock set to a local locksmith and she re-furbished it in ten minutes for ten dollars. I hope that works for you.
My other problem - the wrong rack for the Honda box I have is still a problem. I have this rack:

and I need this one:

Is there any chance you have the rack I need and I have the one you need and we could trade?
 
This is my 2013 with a Honda rack and top case. I got them both from Samurider, so I'm exactly sure which rack it is, I just know they work together very well.
2132750e8a2bbc86a2b0e7f6e52e6ec9.jpg
 
Randy B_imp said:
This is my 2013 with a Honda rack and top case. I got them both from Samurider, so I'm exactly sure which rack it is, I just know they work together very well.
2132750e8a2bbc86a2b0e7f6e52e6ec9.jpg
Thanks Randy B, this picture is what I needed. I have the other rack and it doesn't work with the bracket I have. My rack has round cross-pieces like the top one in my post above and yours has the flat cross-pieces like the bottom picture above. The holes in the rack are in much different positions. Both racks are available from Samurider. I have brackets I can use to adapt mine to the rack I have. Thanks for this picture, it was a big help.
 
Thread starter
Nachodaddy_imp said:
iamlegend21087_imp said:
I have a Honda top box but between having the wrong rear carrier and getting the key set up it's been sitting in a box for 2 years. What's your favorite top box that works with the 2013 Honda Rack and preferably has a back rest pad?


Also who wants to buy an OEM red Case top case haha.
I am in a similar situation. Did you ever get a solution to this problem? Today I took my lock set to a local locksmith and she re-furbished it in ten minutes for ten dollars. I hope that works for you.
My other problem - the wrong rack for the Honda box I have is still a problem. I have this rack:

and I need this one:

Is there any chance you have the rack I need and I have the one you need and we could trade?
I am in a similar situation. Did you ever get a solution to this problem? Today I took my lock set to a local locksmith and she re-furbished it in ten minutes for ten dollars. I hope that works for you.
My other problem - the wrong rack for the Honda box I have is still a problem. I have this rack:

and I need this one:

Is there any chance you have the rack I need and I have the one you need and we could trade?
Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately you and I have the same rack.
 
I don't know the shape and dimensions of the quick-disconnect mount for the box, but I assume it approximates the shape of the rack. You have a rack, a box , and it's mounting plate.

The problem is the mounting plate holes do not align with the holes on your rack. Is there any way to drill holes into the mounting plate that will align?

Can anyone provide a picture of their mounting plate on the rack without the box?

At the very worst, you would have to make an interim mounting plate, that bolts to your rack, and has holes in the right place for the trunk mounting plate.
 
If the key lock assm is not assembled yet and you have the kit for it, it is very east to set up. We have the instructions (translated to English) with pics on the board.
 
Most [universal] adapter plates come with clamp parts that allows the owner to bypass rack hole alignment (or some of them) and simply clamp down the plate with provided bolts and nylon lined nuts. The top box then just klinks and unklinks to the adapter plate.
 
pekingduck_imp said:
I don't know the shape and dimensions of the quick-disconnect mount for the box, but I assume it approximates the shape of the rack. You have a rack, a box , and it's mounting plate.

The problem is the mounting plate holes do not align with the holes on your rack. Is there any way to drill holes into the mounting plate that will align?

Can anyone provide a picture of their mounting plate on the rack without the box?

At the very worst, you would have to make an interim mounting plate, that bolts to your rack, and has holes in the right place for the trunk mounting plate.
Thanks, but I tried everything. The holes in the mounting plate end up over some part of the rack, no matter how you turn it. Easier to just use the universal mounting kit. Not as pretty, but, like the box, it is functional.
 
Thanks for the key instructions, ill try that this weekend. I have the proper rack and mounting bracket also and still don't know how to install it. Anyone have mounting instructions for the bracket? Thanks!
 
Back
Top