Anyone making a backrest?

daley_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
My wife would feel much more secure if the CB had a backrest. Doesn't need to be chopper style. 6" would do just fine. I'm surprised that nothing is available. Corbin is an option but personally I don't care for the looks and I downright hate the thought of spending almost $800 bucks. Any leads out there? Thanks! (Now back to the VIN discussion.....).
 
I just received a reply from Mr. T at Samurider and he advised that a backrest was not available from his company. The rear carrier for the 14 deluxe is available approximately $300.00 with shipping.
 
I believe Daley, the original poster said he doesn't care for the looks of Corbin and hates the thought of the price...

Any other options besides Corbin?

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
I'm confused by the post. Are we talking about a backrest for the rider or the passenger, or both?
 
Ok the Corbin is way to expensive and it's ugly. Does Honda relize our wife's and girl friends are pissed off and want a comfy backrest. Hey Honda wives and girlfriends play a huge part in the procurment of your motorcycles. We can only hold them off for so long with lame excuses and made up stories of how Honda is working on it!

Time to pull up to the table, your forcing married couples and coulples to look elsewhere! Or worst yet get divorced then the poor guy will have no extra Honda toy money What gives? Geez Get with it.....
 
One of the reasons I bought this top box was the fact that it has a backrest integrated into it.

d5ed4615c32b251670a2c6eb6a8c7e87.jpg
 
That's great at Randy! Not all of want top Box's most want a backrest that will look good and make our passenger happy. I'm still amazed that Honda can design oil cooled plugs and can't come up with a backrest?? Last week I had a friend and his wife-very interested in the CB let them drive it for the day when they returned the bike first thing they ask was about the backrest they were stunned to find out there was none available! They loved the bike and would have purchased from our local dealer. Instead they did purchase a bike wasn't a Honda. I think Honda needs to catch up real fast. They made a bike for us middle to older guys with no possible way to carry our most precious cargo with a simple back rest. Good Grief!

Randy B_imp said:
One of the reasons I bought this top box was the fact that it has a backrest integrated into it.

d5ed4615c32b251670a2c6eb6a8c7e87.jpg
 
It's a low production bike, who'd gonna go through all that R&D for dang backrest? Good grief man, you've been offered several excellent idea's and you've poo-poo'd 'em like they had cow dung all over them. If it's that important to you make your own! Get some tubing, some masonite, foam, vinyl, a staple gun and a rattle can and you have something!

The top box is a very good option as you know have something to carry purchases in (or rain gear if needed). Sure it looks like the beginnings of a gypsy wagon but they are so darn practical.

Finally; get the women to ride her own damn bike. She's over 18, it's about time she had her own ride. And tell her to get something else, one CB1100 in a household is plenty.

:angel:
 
Stealth128_imp said:
Ok the Corbin is way to expensive and it's ugly. Does Honda relize our wife's and girl friends are pissed off and want a comfy backrest. Hey Honda wives and girlfriends play a huge part in the procurment of your motorcycles. We can only hold them off for so long with lame excuses and made up stories of how Honda is working on it!

Time to pull up to the table, your forcing married couples and coulples to look elsewhere! Or worst yet get divorced then the poor guy will have no extra Honda toy money What gives? Geez Get with it.....
Time to take your wife bike shopping and then she can make hers as comfortable as she wants. Or sell the damn CB that doesn't suit your touring needs. How DARE Honda make a naked bike without a backrest! :exclamation:
 
I agree it's not only beautiful it's looks practical. He developed and manufactured
positive solution. Bet his wife's happy.

Side note Love Manhattan! The day after I win the Lottery I'll be having breakfast in Manhattan with my realtor.


cb400four_imp said:
To add to the numerous alternatives already listed, I like the shorter backrest which was engineered by crescent curve:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3510
 
Stealth128_imp said:
I agree it's not only beautiful it's looks practical. He developed and manufactured
positive solution. Bet his wife's happy.

Side note Love Manhattan! The day after I win the Lottery I'll be having breakfast in Manhattan with my realtor.


cb400four_imp said:
To add to the numerous alternatives already listed, I like the shorter backrest which was engineered by crescent curve:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3510
Hey Stealth, I arrived in Manhattan in 1992 to go to school (NYU MBA class of '94) and fell in love with the city and raised two kids here; hard to believe that it has been over 20 years! If you find yourself visiting, then give me a PM with some lead time and we'll have a beer, no need to get your lottery ticket and realtor lined up for that!

BTW, last week on Park Avenue near Grand Central Terminal I ran into a guy riding a red CB1100 with a Pipemasters 4 into 4 exhaust; we chatted for a minute while the light was red but I couldn't properly hear his username so if he sees this post please reply!
 
Several members have engineered their own solutions using universal backrests and they look pretty good. The site's search function should return some examples.

I opted to go with the Hepco and Becker Alurack, which has a raised bar that comes up behind the seat. I've been scouring the Internet for a pad that might fit, but haven't had much luck. The upholstery guy that recovers my seats says he can whip one up for me, so I think I'll be going that route. Here's the H&B rack, minus the pad :

c231ff38941323a1b22741d99a0adbd4.jpg
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Several members have engineered their own solutions using universal backrests and they look pretty good. The site's search function should return some examples.

I opted to go with the Hepco and Becker Alurack, which has a raised bar that comes up behind the seat. I've been scouring the Internet for a pad that might fit, but haven't had much luck. The upholstery guy that recovers my seats says he can whip one up for me, so I think I'll be going that route. Here's the H&B rack, minus the pad :

c231ff38941323a1b22741d99a0adbd4.jpg

I really like the looks of those red side covers....how much did they set you back if you don't mind me asking and where did you get them?
 
Blockhead_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
Several members have engineered their own solutions using universal backrests and they look pretty good. The site's search function should return some examples.

I opted to go with the Hepco and Becker Alurack, which has a raised bar that comes up behind the seat. I've been scouring the Internet for a pad that might fit, but haven't had much luck. The upholstery guy that recovers my seats says he can whip one up for me, so I think I'll be going that route. Here's the H&B rack, minus the pad :

c231ff38941323a1b22741d99a0adbd4.jpg

I really like the looks of those red side covers....how much did they set you back if you don't mind me asking and where did you get them?
I got 'em from Takashi at Samurider.com. He's got lots of color options to choose from. These are made by Force Design in Candy Glory Red with the matching upper tank stripe (seen better in photo below). They're currently listed at $250 http://www.samurider.com/?p=15709 The covers without the stripe are about $40 less. I ordered them without the CB1100 decal and added the gold emblem (also available from Samurider) myself.

3848f35ec47f6b795d8d9b824d8f020d.jpg
 
Back
Top