Anyone know the size of the Brake Light Bulb?

12cb96vfr_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I'm going to order an LED replacement bulb and I left my owners manual at home, anyone know the size of the taillight bulb by chance?

I picked up a brake light flasher, but for it to be able to flash really fast like I want it needs LED bulbs. I added one to my VFR and it looks awesome.

Then after I get that sorted out it's time for a new headlight - a BRIGHT one.
 
This is shown on the part list for the '13 model if it helps.

Edit to correct--this is the turn signal bulb
BULB (12V 21W) (ECE) (STANLEY)
 
Uhhhh,

I gave you the spec for the turn signal bulb. If you are , PM me...

(12V 21/5W) (STANLE this is the tailight spec. And yes it was cut off light that.
 
12cb,

Great!! Thought I was going to be writing you a check... :)

As I've said before "trust, but verify" ;)
 
Thread starter
LOL yessir!! Man I had no idea that page existed - and I thought I was pretty internet savvy. Every site I went to didn't have the CB listed as an option yet....which is odd since it's been around a while now.
 
Dang Ridem, you make things too easy :)
 
Lol pop gun. All double element bulbs are 1157 single 1156. But the new cars are using new type flat end type but the element is still the same. I put a LED bulb in my tail light but it has led all around the bulbs LEDs don't glow like a regular bulbs
31f032c8def5d8632469fbc56b8bc0ac.jpg

aaf3d14827a8cc056ac8d3121c57fd90.jpg
 
Ridem,

Those are pretty cool! I guess both figuratively and literally. Being an electronics tech, I like solid state things. I didn't know they had replacement lights like that out though. Thanks for the education ;)
 
Thread starter
Ridem I see you went w/ the White Bulb - on superbrightled's it says to use the same color as your screen, or red in our case. it seems to me like the white would be brighter, so I wanted to try that.....

How would you rank brightness compared to the stock bulb?
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Lol pop gun. All double element bulbs are 1157 single 1156. But the new cars are using new type flat end type but the element is still the same. I put a LED bulb in my tail light but it has led all around the bulbs LEDs don't glow like a regular bulbs
31f032c8def5d8632469fbc56b8bc0ac.jpg

aaf3d14827a8cc056ac8d3121c57fd90.jpg
I must really be getting old. That doesn't look like a bulb.

I'm having hissy fits over lighting these days. Had a bulb go out over the sink the other day. Took off the globe and it was a 100 watt bulb. No longer available. Choices were 65 watts or some curly pig tail looking thing with weird numbers that I can't relate to, but it did say equivalent. Went with the pig tail. Turn it on and it takes 2 or 3 minutes to get bright. Sometimes I'm there for only a minute. During that minute I have to squint because there isn't enough light. I'm willing to pay the electric bill..let me have some instant bright light will ya?
 
Lol ferret. I have those bulbs in my house also but now they have LED bulbs for the house the cost is high but they last 4 ever also no heat burning a fraction of the cost for your elect bill. My tail/ brake light bulb comes on bright no heating up needed! Don't use the pig tail type lol outside your home they want ever heat up and get bright
Opps don't get bright outside
 
Thread starter
yep, those are florescent bulbs, LED's light up FAST.

thats what's so awesome about them, you can put a very quick strobe on them with a brake light modulator and really gets the cagers attention.
 
Yeah, LEDs are either on or off. I have a bunch of the compact florescent bulbs (pig tail curly things) and the warming up thing is a pain. The other day I bought some LEDs that look like good ole incandescent bulbs to give them a try as they come on at their full blast with no waiting.

Yes, I know they make ones for the home that are dimmable.

Ridem, even the long tube florescents in my garage take a while to get to full brightness in the Winter!
 
Back
Top