Anyone have good idea how to haul a guitar?

Stratman_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Anyone have a good idea how to haul a guitar? Gig bag feels like it's going to get ripped off my back at highway speeds. Thanks
 
Haha...it probably is. Or at least I'd be thinking the same.

Nothing else I can offer up, I have enough trouble fitting my guitars into my S2000 :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
2 Questions:

1. do you have a luggage rack?
2. does the guitar have a hard case?

If so, put it as far forward on the seat as you can—a bit will stick out over the back of the rack—and strap it down with bungee cords.

Used to work on a CB175 in the 1970s. It was a bit squeezy. :)
 
Possibly use a luggage rack or even the the pillion seat with a hard case and secure it with ratchet straps. This would obviously be quite wide but no wider than a car.
Luggage rack would be preferable because you would be able to woo chicks with the guitar then give them a ride back home on your stylish motorcycle.
 
I've carted an electric guitar or bass around town in a thick padded gig bag with backpack straps.. admittedly not at highway speeds though. I might have hit 50 mph tops. I don't think I'd want to do it on the freeway really.
 
Stratman_imp said:
Anyone have a good idea how to haul a guitar? Gig bag feels like it's going to get ripped off my back at highway speeds. Thanks
Get smaller guitar? I picked up a 3/4 size Baby Taylor for traveling. It fits nicely on my back is is small enough that it doesn't catch much wind.
 
Deluxe gig back with triple stitching and avoid highways... or have your band mates give you a ride. If you ride on the highway with a guitar it'll be like a sail.
 
Thread starter
Spaceman,

Wife and neighbors would probably like my guitars better in pieces. They would argue they sound better that way, or at least quieter. I say a quiet bike entitles me to bigger amplifiers.
 
get one of those quick disconnect kits for saddle bags and attach it to the guitar case and then you can put it on and take it off when you want. That is if they make the quick disconnect kit for the cb1100... would be sweet...
 
Stratman_imp said:
Spaceman,

Wife and neighbors would probably like my guitars better in pieces. They would argue they sound better that way, or at least quieter. I say a quiet bike entitles me to bigger amplifiers.
I'm just jealous because the only musical instrument I can play is my stereo.
 
I had this problem for years. I like to bring one on my rally runs. Backpacker Martin is the most practical but has a tinny sound. Nothing that sounds good is easy to carry. I went to a baratone ukulele. Just tune the strings to the highest 4 on a guitar DGBE, and you won't have to learn Ukulele chords. They are light and small - much easier to carry.

Or you could try the below listed guitar on Ebay. It's on my saved listed - just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171152946700?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
 
Back
Top