Anyone fitted Rizoma iRide turn signals to CB1100EX?

Richard_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
 
Richard_imp said:

Thanks so much for your reply, and your pictures. I am tempted to buy the Rizomas but a bit concerned about fitting them.

I can see your front signals fit in a different place to mine but my main concern is the rear ones. Were they simple to fit? What about the wiring?

Any more detail would be very welcome.

Thanks again.
Not a problem at all, happy to help!

Fitment on the Rizomas was universal, which means I had to be a little creative since there aren't a lot of options to fit them. The have the standard threaded post that the stock ones have, but the wiring is in through the post, versus ran beside it like the OEM units. (You'll see this when you take them off)

To remedy this, I picked up a set of heavier gauge hardware washers with the diameter as close to the post of the Rizomas, and a spacer. The washer is the mounting base and use of the spacer was two fold; one it pushed the signals out slightly, and two it snugged up to the rubber base on the Rizoma nicely. Since the washers and spacer were silver, I painted them black. I painted them separately at first, and then stacked them for the final coat and clear, to "glue" them together for ease of install.



The wiring was pretty simple. I bought the Rizoma Honda turn signal cable kit (EE075H) which plugs and plays right into the Honda harness with no cutting or splicing. I also had to use LED resistors on all four signals (necessary since the OEM signals on mine are not LED - not sure if yours are or not). Note: If you have LEDs stock already, you wont need the resistors.



The back was easy to tuck everything away and zip tie neatly, but the fronts were a little more challenging since the turn signal wiring is inside the headlight bucket so tucking the LED resistors into an already tight space took some patience.

Well worth the effort - as you can see, compared to stock they're much smaller and since they're LED also way brighter.

 
Thread starter
treedoc_imp said:
I think they look good Richard, prefer them over the stock.
Thanks. To use an expression from England, they are probably "marmite" (love it or hate it). Having slept on it, I've decided I prefer them and will be doing the rear ones as soon as the supplier has some stock. Rizoma seem to have suspended shipping just now.

When I do the rear signals I am also thinking of changing the rear light and fender - for something smaller and shorter. Researching the options for that right now.
 
Back
Top