anyone else a gearaholic?

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Mickey, i think i can HELP!! Being a friend of Bill W for 26yrs i think you need a sponsor. Since you have step 1 lets start with step 2::
We came to believe a power greater then ourselves could restore us to sanity :)
 
Hey, nothing wrong with having options. I'm in the process of increasing my options.

However you may have misunderstood ATGATT.... You don't need to actually own ALL the gear lol. Thanks for sharing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
lagoje_imp said:
Hey, nothing wrong with having options. I'm in the process of increasing my options.

However you may have misunderstood ATGATT.... You don't need to actually own ALL the gear lol. Thanks for sharing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rofl:
 
I have to hide the pictures in this thread from my wife. The first words out of her mouth will be her scolding me, "look how organized HE is, why can't you be that way?"
 
Holy crap, that looks like a male version of a Sex in the City character's shoe closet. I've just printed those photos and will present them to my wife as logic and support for my own far- less impressive, yet growing gear collection.
 
Unfortunately….my old gear is adorned with the Harley logo….time to ebay that stuff and replace with something more fitting
 
made me chuckle, I been riding for 30+ years, & I havent owned that much my entire life. my main clothes are my predoninant riding gear along with wearing a leather vest, but its all in what you like.

I own 3 pair a riding gloves, light, medium, & heavy, & the use a pair of DR, exam type gloves under any to give a little more wintering to any, thats as needed. I also keep a pair of mechanix gloves for emergencies under seat, & for when wife needs gloves & forgot to bring any. lol.

I have owned 3 leather coats, soon to buy my 4th, I still sorta wear 2 of them, but I look pregnant in 1, its too small now, that was my summer coat, and has zippers so air can flow around the inner liner & keep you air conditioned while you ride, but suked in heavy traffic, my other was a winter coat, & several sizes too large so I could fit a couple sweaters underneath when riding in single digits or below zero, however this winter coat is rotten, last winter I tossed it into air to land on a peg & peg punched a hole through it, & tore a section out, but its seen close to 20 hard years, so I am in the market.

I prefer to wear leather hiking boots to ride with, good ankle protection, steel toes, & on some bikes I have had to get non steel toes, it depends on shifter, but some the steel will cut through top of boot with repeated shifter pulls.

I only owned 1 set of chaps, bought same time I bought the rotten coat, they were thrown out 1 year before my coat riped, same problem, but they lasted close to 18 years. & I am planning to purchase new ones.

as for helmets, I own 1 full face, 2 old style 3/4 helmets, & 3- 1/2 helmets, & 1 brain bucket, my wife has had neck vertabrae fused together from being in a bad car wreck & cant wear a heavy helmet, so only 1/2 or 3/4 helmet for her, I wear a full face in winter, & either a 1/2 or 3/4 in nice months

we do own leather vests with patches & our churches insignia on back, very close to what 1%'ers wear, many in my church were or are still members of biker orginazations, & we participate in some of their functions.
jchoby_imp said:
Unfortunately….my old gear is adorned with the Harley logo….time to ebay that stuff and replace with something more fitting
why?

anything of mine that has the logo on it, besides 1 shirt isnt authorized I have only bought 1 shirt & not anything else from dealership, in all these years, but I do own some stuff made before Harley tried to stop the people from using their name without paying royalities
 
It's a look I no longer care for…stuff more fitting for that brand of bike. Besides, I was a bit thinner in my HD days
 
Thread starter
Those are really cool but $180 jeezalou. I do wear deerskin gloves a lot. My favorite material..soft, supple, warm, but they only cost $40.
 
Holy cow, I just read this thread. Apparently I had no idea what it really means to be a gearaholic. Now I simply see myself as just a regular guy with a bit of motorcycle gear.
 
88ec1a53a4ff57a4f6219ae8e0b91fd4.jpg
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
Holy cow, I just read this thread. Apparently I had no idea what it really means to be a gearaholic. Now I simply see myself as just a regular guy with a bit of motorcycle gear.
I've thought about Kevlar jeans, but they are actually more expensive than dedicated motorcycle pants. ( they certainly look better though ... I prefer the jean look)
 
Based on my experience with Draggin Jeans, (10 years old at least) I can't recommend Kevlar jeans.
I haven't crash-tested them yet (sure can't wait to though), but they have terrycloth contact points at the knees and hips. Over time and launderings, the terrycloth has become coarse, itchy and uncomfortable. Like regular jeans, the denim shrinks with each washing, stretches with each wearing, until it fits you pretty closely. They're pretty much unbearable in anything other than chilly weather IMO--between the Kevlar pads and terrycloth layer, they get hot.
I much prefer armored overpants, or a complete Aerostich jumpsuit. Counter-intuitively, they're much cooler, because opening the vents permits a nice airflow. And if you're riding across the Mojave on a 120-degree day, you can also fill up the pockets with ice, which gradually melts & evaporates, keeping you cool.

Though admittedly, they may have made advances in the Kevlar jeans in the last 10 years. YMMV.
 
Thread starter
cool tip Chris...never thought about filling pockets with ice. what a great idea. Of course both of the dollars I keep in my left front pocket might get wet, but I suppose they will dry out eventually. I will pull into a fast food restaurant, get a cup of cold water and poor it over my tee shirt under my jacket and open the vents on the jacket all the way to get cool, but the ice thing is new to me.
 
All us guys in Nevada used ice 25 years ago. I learned it from Jan and Steve who owned and ran Reno BMW in those days. Great guys!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top