Anyone buy from Twisted Throttle?

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
Not sure where to post this, this section seemed best.

Anyone here have any experience buying from Twisted Throttle? I just bought something for the Bonneville from that site that I couldn't find at any of the websites I normally deal with. Twisted's online algorithm is such that I found the product on their site, and their ad for said product started following me around on my screen wherever I browsed.

I bought it, but it's been a weird experience so far. I can't get an email confirmation of the purchase, and when I email their customer service to get help, I get the "we'll be right back to help" auto-reply, but haven't gotten an answer. Also, checking my credit card transactions, the sale amount was more than what it should have been by a few dollars. Have had trouble getting a person on the phone.

The site looks legitimate, hoping someone has used them and can vouch for their authenticity...
 
Yes Twisted Throttle is a well establish accessory outfit. I have bought several things from them and I imagined if you asked this on an ADV site you would get loads of confirmations.
 
Twisted Throttle: :thumbsup:

I think I experienced a "silent period" between purchase and shipped status, but the item was suddenly there. No problems yet.
 
Thread starter
Huh. Well, maybe their ears were burning. I just got a call from one of their customer service guys, apologizing for the problems. He said they've been having glitches in their account setup, so he set up an account with a password for me. He also said that they have been having a delay in their order confirmation emails due to other website problems, and were slow to answer emails due to the holiday rush. Regarding the overcharge, he said they have a third party service that generates the tax amount on orders, and apparently it overcharged me sales tax, and the difference will be refunded. He also sent me my tracking info, and it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

So, as long as the right part shows up, all is well I guess.
 
I have always liked dealing with Twisted Throttle. I'm glad they acknowledged their issues and have done so much toward fixing your situation. Hope it's the right part.
 
I've ordered the SW motech engine guards from them for both the '14 standard I had and for my current EX, and also SW motech handlebar risers from TT. All three orders were straight forward, no issues at all.
 
I have bought MANY motorcycle related stuff from them and never had any problems . The only thing was that the free T shirts they send me shrunk a lot .
 
Same here engine guards and bar risers, no issues at all . The shipping time was a little long ,but not bad.
 
I stumbled on the thread. I’m a KTM liter guy. I have experience with Denali/Twisted Throttle. Until recently, I was not aware they are the same. For US same location up in New Hampshire. I have good experience with Twisted Throttle, till recently.
As far products are concerned (Denali) it’s worth the investment. But I noticed you mentioned your card being overcharged and this is where I have the recent experience and caution to check your invoice total before clicking to close the sale. In both recent purchases I noticed they charged me two County taxes; a county tax and a County Sp (specialty?) tax. Now it’s a small amount but it’s illegal. First, I don’t live in the locality. It’s nearly a 100 miles away. Secondly, all internet purchases I’ve made I’m only charged a state tax. I’ve contacted their customer service on both accounts. And received no answer back. So the first order last month I cancelled. Wrote and told I can buy the same product from another dealer. And I did.
Now this past week I preordered another item. And not thinking I closed the purchase. Sure enough, same erroneous tax charges. Again, called customer service and never heard back. So this time I contacted the locality they charged me taxes for as well as the Virginia stated dept of taxation to report them. I also contacted the BBB with a complaint and the state attorney general.
I would strongly advise anyone that has ordered to check your past invoices and if you’ve been charged to make a complaint also. It’s a shame because I really love the products. But not the being ripped off by Denali and Twisted Throttle.
Hope my experience helps.
 
Welcome to the Forum ToB.

I have ordered successfully a few times from Twisted Throttle (Mississauga, Ontario regional office) without an issue, both delivered and picked-up items.

Good to know. Maybe their internal procedures have recently changed.
 
Back
Top