Anybody gear lower for the drag-strip?

jeffskar_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Just wondering if anyone has installed a smaller drive sprocket, or a larger wheel sprocket to see what kind of gains could be had at the drag strip? I know everyone wants more power, more sound, and most times higher final gear ratios, but just curious if anyone has done this yet, and what resulted.
 
Without a reflash it won't do you a whole lot of good as the bike hits the speed limiter in the ¼ mile with the stock gearing.
 
Thread starter
The track I usually go to is actually an eighth mile track, so I'm bettin I won't be much over 80mph through the traps. Where is the top speed limiter set on these things, I think I've been about 110-115 on mine a time or two?
 
Approx 112 mph. besides the top speed limiter there is also a rev limiter in several gears
 
Jeff, most who have reflashed the ECU have the speed limiter removed and the rev limiter moved up 500rpm. There is a TON of info on this if you search for ECU reflash or Don Guhl.
 
Back
Top