Anybody found a front mud flap?

Romo1969_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
A
Wondering if anybody found one that works well
B
Wondering if it looks good or like poopy.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
They work ok but are not a cure all, especially on dirt roads. I had the Fenda Extender on my stock fender and still got plenty of mud on the lower front of the engine and headers. But you do get less dirt and rock hits with them than without. Cheap protection.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Dakota_imp said:
I haven't used it but there is the Fenda Extenda:

http://shop.fendaextenda.com/product.sc?productId=147

Looks like a nice product, how do you affix it to fender?

Ok found this using search..thought I'd remember a couple putting them on

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=888&page=2&highlight=Fenda+extenda

So, Popgun and CB4ME.. Has the glue you used held up? Do you think it has done a good job? Would you buy another?
I scruffed the fender and plastic, then used a good epoxy. I would be hard pressed to take mine off if I wanted to. It seems permanantly bonded.

The extrender works fine but it's not fool proof. One of these should work even better (if you want to spend 10x as much):

37521c40bf890059cf94a7ef07bbc208.jpg
 
CB4ME_imp said:
I scruffed the fender and plastic, then used a good epoxy. I would be hard pressed to take mine off if I wanted to. It seems permanantly bonded.

The extrender works fine but it's not fool proof. One of these should work even better (if you want to spend 10x as much):

e93503e2e863aa886c4500037f97a5ed.jpg
I scruffed the fender and plastic, then used a good epoxy. I would be hard pressed to take mine off if I wanted to. It seems permanantly bonded.

The extrender works fine but it's not fool proof. One of these should work even better (if you want to spend 10x as much):

ac8d1fd2bf08bb1581b1851cdf982c78.jpg


Lol... i think you know Im sort of a tight wad. I dont really want to spend $30 plus spring for epoxy, but it might make a pretty nice addition. Have to ponder ...
 
Like CB4ME I scuffed up the mating surface and bonded it on with a marine adhesive. I used 3M 5200. I may have used the fast cure as regular 5200 takes a week to set up, but I can't remember now.

I'm happy with mine, and have had the same experiance that CB had with less rock hits, but still get some splatter.

It is never going to be as good as that long fender.
 
Back
Top