Any other Grom riders on here?

tnelson99_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I bought mine on a whim just to give it a try and I must say it's a hoot to ride. It's like riding a gokart on the street.
 
There's someone on here that rides one 90 mph.
 
I met a friend this past weekend in Gettysburg. He's from Pittsburgh and he had two friends that just happened to be going there too, on Groms. They rode them there and their wives followed in a pickup, then the wives were riding on the back with the guys around the area. I can't imagine riding 3 1/2 hours of interstates on one of those bikes. But then again I'm an old fart, there's lots of things I wouldn't think of doing anymore. They do look like fun though.
 
There was a guy that rode a Grom from Colorado to North Carolina for a Grom Rally. Another one I read about rode one from Michigan to Miami.

That's not touring.. That's a stunt lol
 
I've not ridden a Grom -- in fact, I've only seen one, and it was at a dealership. But I have placed a deposit on one of these. Same engine as the Grom but the styling is easier on my eyes.

08255554056ad2c6959f36acceed8c15.jpg
 
Can't wait for you to post a pic of yourself sitting on one of those LR (hint, he's like 7' tall)
 
The ferret_imp said:
There was a guy that rode a Grom from Colorado to North Carolina for a Grom Rally. Another one I read about rode one from Michigan to Miami.

That's not touring.. That's a stunt lol
Anyone else conjuring in their heads that scene from Dumb & Dumber? Not a Grom, but he can get 70 miles to the gallon that hog!
 
I had one for a couple years, spent WAY too much money on upgrades, had some fun, and sold it a week ago to buy a Yamaha FZ09. They are way more entertaining than most would expect. The new Monkey may be in my future, but I will wait to pick up a used one for cheap.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Can't wait for you to post a pic of yourself sitting on one of those LR (hint, he's like 7' tall)
It could be humorous, but actually, the Monkey seat is higher than my ex-Ducati Monster 620 or my current F800GT, so it may not be so weird.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
I've not ridden a Grom -- in fact, I've only seen one, and it was at a dealership. But I have placed a deposit on one of these. Same engine as the Grom but the styling is easier on my eyes.

08255554056ad2c6959f36acceed8c15.jpg

Is that the exhaust, or a shoelace hanging down.


:rofl:
 
suhawk305_imp said:
LR, looking forward of you posting photos of your new Monkey on Independence Pass!
lol, maybe not! I doubt the little simian even makes it out of my neighborhood! But that would be something!
 
I wanted a Grom a soon as they came out so I took one for a test ride. I didn’t get one then but have always liked the idea of them. When Kawi came out with the Z125 I liked the look of it more than the Grom. I rode mini bikes as a kid and have recently become interested in those again so last week I picked up a new Z. It’s a street legal minibike. Love it.
 
Thread starter
m in sc_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
There's someone on here that rides one 90 mph.
thats me, lol. Ive had it over 90 3 times actually. doing some work on it to crack 100 now. + a bunch of suspension upgrades etc.

they are good stock, don't get me wrong. But i bought mine to play with and have fun wrenching on as well. they are a hell of a lot more competent than a lot of people give them credit for. :biker:

as an fyi, the seat/peg/bar triangle is the same as a ktm 390 duke. i know, i had one. so, they are actually made for adults. (sort of.. lol)

478e962f2f7a06d0f90d839fe265473c.jpg
thats me, lol. Ive had it over 90 3 times actually. doing some work on it to crack 100 now. + a bunch of suspension upgrades etc.

they are good stock, don't get me wrong. But i bought mine to play with and have fun wrenching on as well. they are a heck of a lot more competent than a lot of people give them credit for. :biker:

as an fyi, the seat/peg/bar triangle is the same as a ktm 390 duke. i know, i had one. so, they are actually made for adults. (sort of.. lol)

eb142cdac58c626f83a703f253f87951.jpg

Yea, I'm only 5'6" and it fits me fine. The only thing I changed was the seat as the stock one was pushing me into the tank. I'd be happy with another 10mph but don't want to spend all that $$$$ on mods when I can just jump on my CB if I want to go fast.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
I've not ridden a Grom -- in fact, I've only seen one, and it was at a dealership. But I have placed a deposit on one of these. Same engine as the Grom but the styling is easier on my eyes.

08255554056ad2c6959f36acceed8c15.jpg

Is that the exhaust, or a shoelace hanging down.


:rofl:
Is that the exhaust, or a shoelace hanging down.

:rofl:
Shoelace = LEFT SIDE :P

:cool:
 
Back
Top