Any interest in cams?

PowerDubs_imp said:
That’s not gain from cams, that is the total where I am at now from stock w/ staintune.

At this point cams haven’t done much.

And at this point any gains (other than going be to Guhl for a real tune, fuel AND ign) will get much harder and much more work and expense.

There is more in the engine- but do I give up low end to get there? Probably not for me. Somebody else can chase that. I will continue to fine tune without loosing the character the bike has.

But yea- I’m not done and there is still more in it.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Josh,

have not been on here in a long time. Checking in and saw your cams:)

Motor does not have a lot to give without being bored. Figured 5hp max with cams.

As for Don, There is no restrictions in the lower gears on this bike. The flash will allow you to dyno in 4th which may have a slight gain.

These bikes run rich on top, possible small gains there but @ the risk of running it hot. Have him give you extra 500rpm on top.


Nice torque @ 6500rpm's :)

Steve
 
I was interested in the original post and where this led cam wise.. only on page 7 and I'm not reading through the rest to find out. A lot of useless opinions where there should be useful information. I'll PM you later to find out where this went PowerDubs.
 
Post 283
 
Thread starter
Even though I won't ever ride again- I will be dynoing the bike with the newly Guhl flashed ECU.

The current dyno- 100whp/72 tq is on stock ign timing, rev limiter, etc.

Hopefully I will be joined by a completely stock 2014 on the same day, same dyno to have a direct comparison.
 
Now that you have modified your engine and voided your factory warranty, what are your plans for the chassis and suspension mods to deal with increased power? Let us know how much you spend so we can get a warm and fuzzy on our stockers.
 
DBM_imp said:
Now that you have modified your engine and voided your factory warranty, what are your plans for the chassis and suspension mods to deal with increased power? Let us know how much you spend so we can get a warm and fuzzy on our stockers.
I doubt that he will be modding it any further due to the accident and the fact that he won't be riding any more.
 
Thread starter
DBM_imp said:
Now that you have modified your engine and voided your factory warranty, what are your plans for the chassis and suspension mods to deal with increased power? Let us know how much you spend so we can get a warm and fuzzy on our stockers.

This is the 3rd different post you are spouting off about 'voiding factory warranty'... which is impossible to do since the warranty was only for 1 year.

Also- plenty of bikes came from the factory with more power and worse frame and suspension than the CB1100.

Third- Honda already made an upgrade- factory engineered and built front fork on the '17 that works perfectly. The rear shocks I upgraded to are Ikon, which for those that don't know was actually Koni's motorcycle division until they were sold off and the name switched to Ikon.

If your bike is stock, I'm sorry. Mine runs smoother, more power everywhere, sounds better, more comfortable seat, more comfortable handlebars, heated grips, better suspension, better gearing, and yup- looks better too. Warm and fuzzy indeed.
 
Thank you, gentlemen. Can we end this exchange now, please?
 
My new tag line: Now that you’ve modified your engine and voided your factory warranty. :P :D
 
Opps, my bad. Forgot to mention my new lefover 2014 standard came with a 5 year unlimited mileage factory Honda warranty.
 
Thread starter
No it didn't. They do not 'come' with that. You paid for it.

And whatever you paid, several hundreds of dollars would not only be wasted for most people as the mapjority of the bikes had no issues- but many basic repair could be done by the owner for less than the extended warranty cost if you have any skill.

Mods- if he keeps posting in my threads, I'll keep telling him why he is wrong. :)
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
No it didn't. They do not 'come' with that. You paid for it.

And whatever you paid, several hundreds of dollars would not only be wasted for most people as the mapjority of the bikes had no issues- but many basic repair could be done by the owner for less than the extended warranty cost if you have any skill.

Mods- if he keeps posting in my threads, I'll keep telling him why he is wrong. :)
:beerchug:

Hope you’re feeling better. Excited to see these dyno results.
 
Thread starter
Hopefully in the coming weeks. I’m moving around pretty good now.

Enough to repair the bike, and I can get a friend to ride it to the dyno for me.

Just comes down to timing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Josh, thank you for seeing this project through, even though you won't be riding the finished bike. If you decide to sell, I hope you get a buyer who appreciates all the work you've put into it. I've learned a whole lot about my bike by reading your ongoing mechanical adventures. If motorcycling is not in your future, then maybe a Miata. You can do a whole lot of go fast mods to that car, and it's a blast to drive in the twisties.
 
Roper_imp said:
Josh, thank you for seeing this project through, even though you won't be riding the finished bike. If you decide to sell, I hope you get a buyer who appreciates all the work you've put into it. I've learned a whole lot about my bike by reading your ongoing mechanical adventures. If motorcycling is not in your future, then maybe a Miata. You can do a whole lot of go fast mods to that car, and it's a blast to drive in the twisties.
I do not see this option for Josh, he will be riding a bike again, sooner or later, right Josh ?:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D
 
Thread starter
I've played with many cars my whole life. Mostly VW since they are legos.

Started with a '73 bug as my first car. Had an '83 GTi, numerous highly modified Mk2 16v, highly modified a Mk4 R32, owned 2 VW Phaeton, one a 6.0 12 cylinder that I still have. I also still have a BMW M Roadster, which is sort of like a Miata on steroids.

For an example of my playing with cars- here is what basic simple mods do to an R32 before going to extremes-

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.p...t81802404]
 
As I m not authorized to speak on Josh behave, I can whisper to your ear: he is getting better day by day :)
 
Back
Top