Any interest in cams?

peterbaron_imp said:
riggies_imp said:
Did you know, that if you soak your cams in bear for at least one hour, you will get a few more HP out of CB:P
Did you know, that if you soak your cams in bear for at least one hour, you will get a few more HP out of CB:P
Do you have to cut the bear open for that? Or, if you ask politely, will they just swallow it?

Oh ... I see ... apologies. You meant beer. :beerchug:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
riggies_imp said:
Did you know, that if you soak your cams in bear for at least one hour, you will get a few more HP out of CB:P
Did you know, that if you soak your cams in bear for at least one hour, you will get a few more HP out of CB:P
Do you have to cut the bear open for that? Or, if you ask politely, will they just swallow it?

Oh ... I see ... apologies. You meant beer. :beerchug:
Did you know, that if you soak your cams in bear for at least one hour, you will get a few more HP out of CB:P
Do you have to cut the bear open for that? Or, if you ask politely, will they just swallow it?

Oh ... I see ... apologies. You meant beer. :beerchug:

I was thinking of bear beer = very strong :rofl:
 
I love beer , especially lagers and have enrolled in a Beerology class at the AB tech College.
However when on my bike I will never even have one drink , just to be on the safe side.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I love beer , especially lagers and have enrolled in a Beerology class at the AB tech College.
However when on my bike I will never even have one drink , just to be on the safe side.
Me too, although, while classes may be interesting, surely they interfere with consumption time?

Bear beer? Who’d’ve thunk it? Sounds OK, if you could get near enough to take it away from the bear. :P
 
They make great table lamps!

Great job PD!
PowerDubs_imp said:
At this point- I see ZERO reason not to recommend them.

If the dyno #'s back up my butt- I'll have a stock set of cams for sale.
Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
The brewery had a wonderful DIPA that reminded my greatly of my dearly missed Firestone Walker Double Jack.

I forget what they called it, but they really should rename it- Wheelie Maker.

:)
 
Not sure about Bear Beer. This one is pretty close :

5cb1fdf6f10b7ce5614c9306bf361e10.jpg
 
PowerDubs glad it is running and when broken in await the report.
have a few home brew clubs in my hood and plenty of breweries in town.
born the the Appalachian foothills , my family was producing high quality ethanol long before the government got involved ........:thumbsup:
 
Only for the label, Peter. The message conveyed does not fill me with enthusiasm for a taste.

Now, I think, back to cams. How are they performing, Josh?
 
Thread starter
From what I can tell seat of the pants- they are working fantastic.

The local motorcycle shop I dyno at is swamped with work- so at this point it looks like Friday evening will be the earliest I can get in to dyno.
 
Thread starter
24 more hours to go.

Just bummed it may rain- and it is going to be 90 and humid, not good for making power.

Still excited to see whats what though.
 
Thread starter
Dyno guy just emailed and canceled. Says he has family issues. Wants to do it sometime next week. I am totally bummed, and I blocked my schedule for the late afternoon so lost work and money. Been looking forward to this all week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
bummer..maybe next week it will be less humid and cooler = horsepower boost
 
Thread starter
Surprise- he contacted me and told me plans changed.

So- at the last minute, I went and dynoed in extremely humid 90 degree weather.

Not going to lie, I was hoping for more, but 100whp was achieved.

Can I get a special title under my name? ;)

Check out the tq curve. Nuts to see it climb.

Also- check out the a/f- I only rode about 70 miles since I put the cams in, not hard, and I am nowhere close to what I think ideal A/F for power or tq would be.

Also keep in mind this is stock ecu so the ign timing has not been changed!

From discussions with some friends that are more experienced with tuning than I am, the WBO2 sensor can only read so quickly, and you are only at each RPM for a split second, so manual tweaking of the fuel table will be needed.

You can see that where the power and tq start to drop off is right where the fueling leans out.

I’m sort of disappointed yes, but not done yet...

Here is the dyno-


b87d15624204423754bb6715ba48b1bf.jpg





Here is the A/F-



4584dc966be8150cb5884b450a5924df.jpg





And here is today’s dyno compared to stock w/ the staintune muffler-


d6d3551183634732d107ab47da345d5e.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Well congrats! Our first 100 rwhp CB 1100!

That has to make you feel good.

Go where no man has gone before lol
 
Back
Top