Anticipation.

Thread starter
I am at Offroads. Great ride over. About 250 miles thru rural Kentucky and Indiana. Met a guy at a rest area who had the coolest motorcycle trailer. He was from Oklahoma and had gone to Ga to pick it up. Called Razor Trailers. The whole bed drops down flat to the ground you drive on lock into a condor type chock, climb off, tie it down, and then crank up the bike/ bed with a boat type crank. Very cool. Might look into one of those for an extended trip with the Mrs and ST since she can't ride long distance anymore.
 
Sounds like a good warm up exercise for you and the CB. Now then, once you and offroadfx4 have made your way to LongRanger's place then it's time to close down the "Anticipation" thread and start the "Participation" thread — that's the one that I'm really looking forward to!
 
Popgun, I think we have the boss worried. He seems to be spending time letting us know he's watching. :cool:
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Popgun, I think we have the boss worried. He seems to be spending time letting us know he's watching. :cool:
You and popgun always have me worried. :D
You and popgun always have me worried. :D


:thumbsup:

Went out and had a nice dinner. Came home loaded up the bikes. Tomorrow's destination Hays, Kansas
 
CB's loaded ready to go!
a118fa5757e9d503a41342aa83358d96.jpg
 
What's the thing sticking up above your instruments, Ferret?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
What's the thing sticking up above your instruments, Ferret?
I'm guessing that it's a mount for the windshield.

Either that, or a very small pitching wedge to be used for advanced play at various putt-putt golf courses that they stop at along the way.
 
I was going to say I think you'd be right on the first count, Guth, but it is the Ferret, so you never know.
 
Thread starter
Lol windshield mount
 
Thread starter
We are near Columbia Mo. 6 hours to Hays. Then we unload and ride some. Miss a day, miss a lot lol
 
Thread starter
We are in Hays Ks. Just talked to a nice BMW GS rider tired of fighting the wind and heat so he pulled into hotel. We saw 100 degrees today and steady 20 mph winds (felt like more lol)
 
Thread starter
Ok we are in Hays. A quick check of the map shows we are directly south of Nebraska on 183 by about an hour and a half. I need 7 states to complete riding in the lower 48 ( it was 8 but I got Arkansas earlier this year) and one of them is Nebraska. Considering getting up early and riding up there to tag that state. Going to be 76 degrees at 6 am, a comfortable temp. Going to get hot quickly though.

Hmmmmm
 
An hour and 40 up. A cup of tea in Alma NE, then back to Hays. That's Nebraska. Tick.
 
Thread starter
Nebraska... Check

That was a brutal ride actually. Straight, flat, windy, buggy, hot .... 164.1miles roundtrip. But anyways therstate checked off.

We just crossed into Colorado. 3 hrs and 196 miles from LongRangers

93 degrees.. Will feel good to get in the mountains

Stichill you should see all the GS Beemers out here. THere was a rally someplace, and they are everywhere
 
I read somewhere that the BMW R1200 GS and GSA (2013-2017) were recalled due to a front suspension safety issue. I'm surprised so many are out riding rather than parked at their dealerships.

It's good you are heading to the mountains to cool off guys! Have fun!
 
Back
Top