Anticipation.

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
In another day and a half I ride my CB about 5 hours over into Indiana to hook up with forum member OffroadfX4 and his black 14 CB. From there we travel (tow) about 1100 miles across Indiana, Illinois, Missouri and Kansas (ahhhh the heartland) to meet up with forum member LongRanger somewhere in Colorado, who generously offered to guide any interested forum members to ride some awesome high mountain passes with him. :worship:

So looking forward to this. :excited:

I had planned on riding some Colorado mountain passes with a local fellow last year and it never worked out. When LongRanger put out the invite, I knew it was time to go. Glad Offroad recognized the opportunity as well. I have ridden with Offroad at two of the CB rallys (NC and Ark). He's a fine fellow, easy to get along with and a good rider. We should have a great time.

So I will have periods where I'm offline, for the next week or so, so behave yourselves and do what Cormanus says. :rofl:

In the meantime I will be riding, taking lots of pics in beautiful Colorado (and not knowing how to post them although Offroad says he will teach me during our downtime).

have fun, and ride safe while I'm gone!
 
Cormanus, this is it! Your chance to do a power grab while Ferret gets high in Colorado. I mean, goes high. Up a mountain.

Whatever, just take over! :)
 
Thread starter
Wow, if I ever eat at popguns, i'm going to need someone to taste it for me to make sure it's safe to eat lol
 
Bwahahahahahaha!
 
Can't wait!

Don't worry, I'll connect Ferrets iPad to my cell phone data the two days out and the two days back so he'll only be offline when he is out riding....which is most of the time anyway lol
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Cormanus, this is it! Your chance to do a power grab while Ferret gets high in Colorado. I mean, goes high. Up a mountain.

Whatever, just take over! :)
Could Popgun really be our forum universe's evil emperor? Does that mean Ferret is actually Cormanus's father?? Does Cormanus have a twin sister unknown to the forum's evil empire??? Will Popgun turn Cormanus to the dark side to take his father's place or wI'll the RLET Jedit save the day... the plot thickens!!!!
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
Can't wait!

Don't worry, I'll connect Ferrets iPad to my cell phone data the two days out and the two days back so he'll only be offline when he is out riding....which is most of the time anyway lol
Generous offer Offroad, but really not necessary. :cool:

Ready, popgun?
 
Thread starter
Talk about anticipation. I am about 4 hours from taking off. Think I will grab the ST and go for a little ride to wear some of the jitters off lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
Talk about anticipation. I am about 4 hours from taking off. Think I will grab the ST and go for a little ride to wear some of the jitters off lol
Let's see, anticipation for a trip riding through mountain passes with fellow forum members has got to be pretty high. I'm guessing you'll rack up a few hundred miles on the ST this morning before heading out on the CB.
BestStandard_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Cormanus, this is it! Your chance to do a power grab while Ferret gets high in Colorado. I mean, goes high. Up a mountain.

Whatever, just take over! :)
Could Popgun really be our forum universe's evil emperor? Does that mean Ferret is actually Cormanus's father?? Does Cormanus have a twin sister unknown to the forum's evil empire??? Will Popgun turn Cormanus to the dark side to take his father's place or wI'll the RLET Jedit save the day... the plot thickens!!!!
The scary thing is back when this forum was first started, popgun sent in his 10 caps from the specially marked containers of 10w30 motorcycle oil and in return received his limited edition CB1100 Forum Secret Decoder Ring. Most guys just wanted them to reprogram their ECUs. I just never thought about someone using those things for evil instead of good. I suppose that anything is possible at this point.
 
I hope he takes you on the Cache La Poudre/Rist Canyon/Stove Prairie loop.
That was great fun on light dual sport with D606 knobbies
Got that back end loose many times it was a delight!
 
Condors are ready for us (thanks to a forum member who recommended these!)
cc472b4cb7ed40eef5767e055642892f.jpg
 
Biding my time, just biding my time...

One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them.
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
 
Thread starter
Oh Lord... :rolleyes:

Offroad....I'm on my way. :banana:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Oh Lord... :rolleyes:

Offroad....I'm on my way. :banana:
Try to stay away from those rocky mountain oysters! You never know what really is in them. Use the force!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Have a great time, guys! I did a weeklong tour of CO's higher passes a few years back and it was a blast. Just watch out for the deer!!!

I just finished about 1600 miles riding the back roads between Phoenix and Central ID. My butt is a bit sore, but I wouldn't trade the last 4 days for anything. Ride like there's no tomorrow!
 
Back
Top