grover_imp
Been there
Wow that looks great!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Mate, buy a CB. It's a great all rounder. With the right gear it eats the Deauville as a tourer, in all weather. Please don't be offended when I tell you I have a mate who tells me that when he wants to catch up on his sleep he rolls out the Deauville.Mansie_imp said:Hi Cormanus, no I don't have a CB1100 but I would like to have one...
My other bike is a 1999 Honda Deauville NT650V. I use this for the all-weather commute and touring.
I am pushing my luck with 2 bikes. Add another bike and I will be in trouble :-(

I prefer my CB to anything else for touring, because: (a) it keeps me on interesting back roads with lower speeds, better corners, and more to see (and off the freeway), and (b) throwing on a $100 set of soft saddlebags (and maybe strapping a tent and sleeping bag on the passenger seat) means clothes and toothbrush have a place to go. Granted, I have less room for stuff, and I have to watch for rain. The plastic rain covers work for a drizzle, but not full-on downpour. But who wants to ride in a full-on downpour? Touring on a CB to me means I'm connected to my surroundings and the weather in a very intimate way. It means less mileage per day, but way more fun.ClassicVW_imp said:I respectfully disagree. The CB is waaay more fun to ride than the Deauville in many ways, but if I was taking a trip for a couple of days, I probably wouldn't choose the CB. The Deauville would be plenty comfortable and the wind wouldn't be pushing me backward in the seat, and I'd also have storage for things like clothes and a toothbrush.
I had one when I lived in Japan. A 1998 CB400 four - it's still in great shape and being looked after by a friend in Chiba. It was the perfect ride for Japanese roads. I had several bikes there and I still miss it.davidantoniocostarica_imp said:Very cool, old style
A shopping for one aspirant at this time....Cormanus_imp said:G'day and welcome, Jef. Are you now a CB1100 owner? Or an aspirant?