Another one! - $7500

LongRanger_imp said:
That's about what I'd expect to pay for a DLX in Denver right now. In another year, I expect this price will seem absurdly high.
Why do you anticipate the value of the CB1100 bikes to fall?
 
I hope not (both the Denver price and the eventual decline in value of a CB11 in general) but these are niche bikes. I would still pay $10K for one new if they had just come out (a 6 speed std or DLX) because this is the bike I want by the manufacturer I have the best experiences with - sorry about the poor grammar.

My $0.02 and worth every penny of it!
 
ScottWally_imp said:
I hope not (both the Denver price and the eventual decline in value of a CB11 in general) but these are niche bikes. I would still pay $10K for one new if they had just come out (a 6 speed std or DLX) because this is the bike I want by the manufacturer I have the best experiences with - sorry about the poor grammar.

My $0.02 and worth every penny of it!

+1
 
I agree EG. If that bike was closer to me I'd try to do a little more negotiating on price then I'd hold it under cover and on the Tender in my garage 'til spring. I'm willing to bet by then, one could sell and make a grand or so ;)
 
The motorcycle market as a whole has tanked, Harley's used to bring stupid resale money, right now you are lucky to find a buyer due to the fact that the market is so flooded with used and new bikes..My 2 cents..Right now I have two bikes that I love to look at and to ride so I could care less about what they are worth, I did not buy them as investments..
 
Cult bikes tend to crash fairly fast and far. Then in 8-10 years they start to go crazy. I'm sitting pat as like most of you, the bike is worth more to me as a rider and as a machine to enjoy. Not as an investment. Still, I'll take care of her just in case my wife has to sell it to afford the gas for the cremation. :angel:
 
556ALPHA_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
That's about what I'd expect to pay for a DLX in Denver right now. In another year, I expect this price will seem absurdly high.
Why do you anticipate the value of the CB1100 bikes to fall?
Why do you anticipate the value of the CB1100 bikes to fall?
Sorry, my comment wasn't meant to be an indictment of the CB1100. In general, motorcycles tend to depreciate fairly rapidly and I don't think the CB will be immune. I don't have the numbers, but my impression is that the US motorcycling population is shrinking and getting older, not expanding or getting younger. I see this in shrinking club memberships, declining attendance at long-standing rallies, event cancellations, etc. I think there will be fewer riders in the next five years, ten years, than there are today. My comment wasn't meant to detract from the value we place on our CB's, nor should it matter what our bikes are worth. I think the fact that new, leftover 2013 CB1100's can be purchased at a substantial discount to MSRP speaks volumes about market acceptance.
 
Rboe_imp said:
Cult bikes tend to crash fairly fast and far. Then in 8-10 years they start to go crazy. I'm sitting pat as like most of you, the bike is worth more to me as a rider and as a machine to enjoy. Not as an investment. Still, I'll take care of her just in case my wife has to sell it to afford the gas for the cremation. :angel:
That one gave me pause... :)
 
Back
Top