Another new fuel record tonight

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
148.8 before I went on flashing reserve :banana:
 
Thread starter
Thats just to flashing reserve, pretty sure I can beat 180. Did 179 before but went on flashing reserve earlier than 148 that time.
 
ThomWill_imp said:
Mileage? Ha! I am still working my head around the EFI, this is my first bike without a petcock and a manual choke.
Funny, when I was removing the tank, I was like... How do I turn the gas off?! Gee, sure hope it doesn't leak when I disconnect this.
 
Thread starter
LiveToRide_imp said:
I never get more than 44 mpg.
Mine has never been that low. I think my first tank was 48 mpg. I haven't gotten less than 55 mpg in months and my highest was 56.8.
 
I have a feeling that regional gas types are effecting this as much as riding style. The gas in CA is JUCK....CRAP....(#@*$^&$#.....whatever you want to call it.
I used to live in Illinois before I moved here and my truck (2004 S10 crew 4x4) would get 17 or 18 in town and easilly 20-22 on the hwy. NOW....13.5 in town and 17-18 on the hwy. JUNK FUEL!
 
I think length of rides makes a difference also! If you commute or ride a minimum of oh say 40+ miles one way without stop and go traffic then stop your mileage will be greater.

Me, I am averaging still in the 36-39 mpg range... but my riding is primarily in city traffic stop and go. I usually now will hit flashing at or about 105-110 miles. Then when I fill up that is roughly 2.8 - 2.9 gallons.

Wishing I could get that great mileage!!! Or better yet come close to the wife who gets 110-114 mpg with her PCX150!
 
Let me see...153CC VS 1140CC...hmm.....LOL!!
 
Randy B_imp said:
Let me see...153CC VS 1140CC...hmm.....LOL!!
I keep telling her that also when she rubs it in that she can go further between her starting to flash that she needs to fill up soon...

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4.1.3
 
Randy B_imp said:
I have a feeling that regional gas types are effecting this as much as riding style. The gas in CA is JUCK....CRAP....(#@*$^&$#.....whatever you want to call it.
I used to live in Illinois before I moved here and my truck (2004 S10 crew 4x4) would get 17 or 18 in town and easilly 20-22 on the hwy. NOW....13.5 in town and 17-18 on the hwy. JUNK FUEL!
What's the elevation difference? I wonder if that could be contributing...
dBuster_imp said:
I think length of rides makes a difference also! If you commute or ride a minimum of oh say 40+ miles one way without stop and go traffic then stop your mileage will be greater.

Me, I am averaging still in the 36-39 mpg range... but my riding is primarily in city traffic stop and go. I usually now will hit flashing at or about 105-110 miles. Then when I fill up that is roughly 2.8 - 2.9 gallons.

Wishing I could get that great mileage!!! Or better yet come close to the wife who gets 110-114 mpg with her PCX150!
I put about a gallon of gas in my son's XR70 every other week. And he rides almost every day after school. Then again, I look like a circus bear when I ride it...so only when people aren't watching...man that little bike is fun. I think I need to sell the DRZ and get a Monkey.
 
Jim21680_imp said:
What's a ballpark figure for how many miles we have left after the flashing reserve comes on??

30 ???
Not sure which model you have. If it's a '13 or '14 standard, the flashing starts with about .7 gallon remaining. As a rule of thumb, I give it 20 miles in the city and 25 miles on the highway.

I once unintentionally rode 32 miles with the gauge flashing, but when I opened the tank to refill it, I couldn't hear any fuel sloshing around.
 
Coming soon to a theater near you... Efficient Rider

"I don't know what happened, the details are kinda sketchy. I mean one day I was full of vim and vigor — braggin' to my buddies about 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, lap times, peak horsepower, you name it. Life in the fast lane was fun. I had little regard for anything other than freedom and speed (and not in that particular order)."

"But after a while as the years passed by I stared to slow down a bit. My knees started to ache and my back got sore. I thought I'd left all that nonsense behind. But then, the next thing you know I'm in a fight for my life just trying to bump my mileage figure up over 60 mpg's. Life's full of brutal measuring sticks. What can I say, the road goes on forever and the competition never ends." :biker:

All the best,
Guth
(Who has yet to achieve better than 57 mpg and who always gets less than 40 mpg commuting around the city. I was never that fast in my youth either, lol.)
 
with the 6 speed transmission here in my place , is my average consumer with my drivestyle round : 4L / 1.05669 gal for 100km / 62.1371mil

that gives theoretically with the DLX or 17modell still over 400km/ 248ml range
 
Back
Top