Another ?is this the bike for me?? thread

cblais19...you’re a brave man as a ‘fairly new rider’ navigating the DC metro traffic; that beltway is crazy!

Good luck in your search for the right CB, you’ll love the bike.
 
ABS is a topic that never fails to provoke a very strong response from both pro and con side. I've ridden bikes with it and without it, once even the very same make/model. As a result, all that I would suggest to a new motorcyclist is this:

It may or may not be worth having it. With time and experience, you will probably come to your own conclusion, one that is just as likely to be the same as mine, as it is to be the exact opposite. In the meantime:

If you do have ABS, do not ride in any way different than you would if you didn't.
 
With todays much better brakes and tires it is easier to lock up the wheels. I did drop my RC 51 because of locking up the front wheel.
If there is any rider whom never makes a mistake than you are better than the best TT racers . John McGuiness even thinks that ABS are better than non ABS .
 
For year round riding, I would suggest getting a couple fairings that can be changed seasonally. I run the large one (came with an older bike) late fall to early spring. It keeps my hands, torso, and legs warmer. No need for heated gear above 40*F. I switch to the smaller Emgo ($50) for summer when I need more ventilation.
c2ac364ac025e99e4cbc90845f13caca.jpg
4d7f57a8e9cf5b3179ca5c7889384ea2.jpg
 
Thread starter
Huh, that smaller one or a Dart both look like good cheaper options until I feel like shelling out for a gorgeous custom Comet. Thanks!
 
Click on the link in my signature to see the modifications needed to make the Emgo fairing work.
 
Back
Top