emptysea
Road warrior
Thread starter
Again, thanks for the tip and instructions. It might just save me a few hundred buck. 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.



EmptySea_imp said:Follow up.... Spoke to my shop. The reset procedure that PB was so gracious to detail above was (effectively) done on my ECU when they swapped it to the other bike. The values were all reset before trying my unit on the other bike. So, for good or bad, I'm getting the new ECU.
Also, they misquoted the cost on Saturday. They are charging me a little over $500 for the new ECU and no additional labor to install it. I don't know exactly, but I think they're charging me a couple hours of labor for the diagnostics including the test swap. I suppose that they could have just done the PeterBaron test and skipped the swap out, but I'm ok with their process as it's pretty rare to have the ECU fail and they wanted to isolate the problem to the ECU.
So 1 new ECU and 2 new tires and a repair cost approximately equal to 25% of the bike's value. I must really love my CB1100. LOL


and enjoy it!Awesome..I'll bet you forgot all about the money by the time you hit 4th gearEmptySea_imp said:aaaaannd He’s Back!!! Picked it up tonight, rode it to get my hair cut and to see some of the holiday-decorated homes around home. A little poorer in the wallet a little richer in my heart.