Another CB1100 Spotted

Guth_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I believe that this marks my 5th random Cb1100 sighting (not someone I was planning to meet). I was returning home from running some errands when I spotted a couple of guys (one of them on a CB1100) riding down the street I was turning on to.

When I saw that the bikes had stopped to park, I did the same. I got the chance to introduce myself and learned that the gentleman with the CB1100 occasionally visited the forum. Nice guy — with good taste in bikes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Very cool. Maybe he will become active here. Was it another 2013?
 
Good one Guth! Were you aboard your CB?
 
Thread starter
It was a 2013 model and sadly I was not out on mine. But we have a few more days of good weather ahead of us so I hope to venture out on 2 wheels soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Guth_imp said:
It was a 2013 model and sadly I was not out on mine. But we have a few more days of good weather ahead of us so I hope to venture out on 2 wheels soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi guys. I guess it's time to come out of the closet. It was me, a lurker, who was spotted today by Guth - out enjoying a pretty nice day in Portland with my son riding his Suzy 650. I have to say, I was a little taken aback when this guy parked right next to us and walked up. I thought I was going to get a lecture. :roll eyes: But Guth was very cool and when he asked if I was on the forum, I mumbled out something about going on occasionally. Yes, mine is a 2013 which I bought slightly used in May 2015. I had a Honda 500 four back in the 70s and toured the country on it - 13,000 miles in the summer of '84 - never gave me any trouble! I love riding the CB1100. I haven't done much with the bike - a windshield, honda rack & Givi top box. This year is the year for an exhaust - only thing I don't like about the CB, even my 4 into 4 from '73 sounded better.
 
G'day and welcome to the forum, EdG!
 
:hello: Howdy EdG glad you are no longer lurking. My wife and I were out in your neighborhood visiting Guth year before last. Beautiful country you live in.
 
I spotted a lonely 2013 rider and passenger at the parade at yesterday's Steel Horse Rally in Fort Smith, AR. It had AR plates...........first one I've seen on the road other than the one I'm riding. Anyone here?
 
Welcome EdG! Get back with Guth and check out his Staintune muffler. You might like it a lot.
 
I spotted a 2013 CB1100 today at the Slimey Crud Run. The owner was a lady and she bought it used in Chicago with 900 miles and LOVES it. She didn't know about this forum but she does now.
 
Heading north on I-5 10 AM today in the Corning area, a 2014 standard sideways on a carrier on the rear of a huge Dutch Star motorhome. Like you would expect maybe a Honda 90! Anyone know who?

Ben
 
Out for a ride up Mt Nebo early this morning and a white CB1100 passed me going in the other direction. You, Tezza? Another Brisbane lurker?
 
Back
Top